159, Brera & 946 spotted Thread - Page 18 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 91Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
(Post Link) post #426 of 1183 Old 15-01-15 Thread Starter
Status: 159 Cruiser and Guilietta pocket rocket
AO Silver Member
 
giblets46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Warwickshire
Posts: 4,239
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonC View Post
Alfadisiac, I'm still watching out for you around Wrexham.

You might find this thread useful

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/showthread.php?t=359540 (WSP italy Alloys)


Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!
giblets46 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: Brera 2.4 jtd 500 abarth
AO Member
 
alfatwice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: wickford essex
Posts: 910
See this one yesterday lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1421359220604.jpg (163.7 KB, 47 views)
alfatwice is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lancashire
Posts: 147

Member car:

159 2.4JTDm

Weston barracks

Spotted silver/grey 159 - Gave alfa wave in passing! I laughed at myself for doing it!
Yatesuk is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lincolnshire
Posts: 741

Member car:

GT 1.9jtd

grey Ti loon with a private plate in cawton wood retail park , worsborough nr Barnsley , chap was loading the boot with summat
bembo449 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: United Kingdom
County: Leicestershire
Posts: 117

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDm Ti

Keep an eye out for me!

61 plate 159 Ti black Leicestershire/Warwickshire commute
B_Tank88 is offline  
Status: Brera 2.4 jtd 500 abarth
AO Member
 
alfatwice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: wickford essex
Posts: 910
Just seen red Brera and silver one on a1 North bound near Peterborough my god they was dirty ! I did Alfa wave but didn't see me in this lol !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1421942938194.jpg (46.5 KB, 15 views)
alfatwice is offline  
Status: turning heads everywhere
AO Silver Member
 
lussoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Preston
County: Lancashire
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfatwice View Post
Just seen red Brera and silver one on a1 North bound near Peterborough my god they was dirty ! I did Alfa wave but didn't see me in this lol !
...and they've morphed into a HGV by the looks of it .
lussoman is offline  
Status: Brera 2.4 jtd 500 abarth
AO Member
 
alfatwice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: wickford essex
Posts: 910
Yeh it's a transformer not exactly Optimus prime lol .
alfatwice is offline  
Status: Brera 2.4 jtd 500 abarth
AO Member
 
alfatwice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: wickford essex
Posts: 910
I travel all over the uk and the Brera has got to be one of rarest cars on the road and best looking , don't add up really Eh ? .
alfatwice is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lincolnshire
Posts: 741

Member car:

GT 1.9jtd

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfatwice View Post
I travel all over the uk and the Brera has got to be one of rarest cars on the road and best looking , don't add up really Eh ? .
there are loads of em round this way pal , the spider version is quite a bit rarer however
bembo449 is offline  
Status: New badges added :)
AO Member
 
AndyB2801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cheshire
Posts: 711

Member car:

Brera 2.2 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bembo449 View Post
there are loads of em round this way pal , the spider version is quite a bit rarer however
See it's the other way round for me, I've seen quite a few spiders but not so many Brera's. Saw a red Spider a couple of days ago with a personalized plate that looks like *****
AndyB2801 is offline  
Status: turning heads everywhere
AO Silver Member
 
lussoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Preston
County: Lancashire
Posts: 4,039
Quote:
Originally Posted by bembo449 View Post
there are loads of em round this way pal , the spider version is quite a bit rarer however
My area must have all your 159s then, common as muck round here to the extent I see no point mentioning them on here.

I see a Brera perhaps once or twice a month, hardly ever see a Spider.
That's one of the reasons that makes it special for me .
lussoman is offline  
Status: Brera 2.4 jtd 500 abarth
AO Member
 
alfatwice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: wickford essex
Posts: 910
As I say I go all over the uk and Breras are rare and it's the same here in Essex ! So rare that most times I go to shops or get fuel someone says I love your car what is it ?? Thats not a surprise really , ive never had anyone say a bad thing about it , except the normal oh Alfa Romeo they are rubbish arnt they ?? My god I could smack the crap out of people sometimes . I normally say oh so how many you owned then ??? Well none is the reply , well ive had 5 now if they was that much trouble would I buy another one ??? Until you have owned one keep your opinions to yourself grrrrrrr .

156 04 20vjtd 2.0 gtv 02 daf scania
alfatwice is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lincolnshire
Posts: 741

Member car:

GT 1.9jtd

Quote:
Originally Posted by lussoman View Post
My area must have all your 159s then, common as muck round here to the extent I see no point mentioning them on here.

I see a Brera perhaps once or twice a month, hardly ever see a Spider.
That's one of the reasons that makes it special for me .
its funny how they same to be in certain places pal , think there is 6 breras in town , ones a prodrive 3.2
bembo449 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lincolnshire
Posts: 741

Member car:

GT 1.9jtd

waved to a red brera driver on the A635 barnsley road yesterday
bembo449 is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
IAMBRERA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Jamaica
County: Saint Ann Parish
Posts: 1,705

Member car:

SV JTS 24V V6 Q4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfatwice View Post
As I say I go all over the uk and Breras are rare and it's the same here in Essex ! So rare that most times I go to shops or get fuel someone says I love your car what is it ?? Thats not a surprise really , ive never had anyone say a bad thing about it , except the normal oh Alfa Romeo they are rubbish arnt they ?? My god I could smack the crap out of people sometimes . I normally say oh so how many you owned then ??? Well none is the reply , well ive had 5 now if they was that much trouble would I buy another one ??? Until you have owned one keep your opinions to yourself grrrrrrr .
I was at the tip once (dumping some old cloths), & some bloke in a Vauxhall Vectra estate beeped his horn & said something to me with a half lowered window.

So i went over to his car & said. "What did you say, i couldn't hear you".
He said, is it as fast as it looks? I didn't talk up of the cars praises. I just said it's a little heavy. But it's not bad. It still has 260bph & is 4 wheel drive. But ultimately, when are you even gonna get a car designed, and put in to production that looks like that?
He nobbed in kind of agreement gesture look to his face. Then the typical Alfa Romeo insult of evny came.

"So what's it worth?.......... About 3 grand? Numpties mate. To many of them on our roads
IAMBRERA is offline  
Status: everyone else givehugs ,the welsh givecwtches
AO Silver Member
 
alfa 4 ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: Neath Port Talbot
Posts: 5,688
Images: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMBRERA View Post
I was at the tip once (dumping some old cloths), & some bloke in a Vauxhall Vectra estate beeped his horn & said something to me with a half lowered window.

So i went over to his car & said. "What did you say, i couldn't hear you".
He said, is it as fast as it looks? I didn't talk up of the cars praises. I just said it's a little heavy. But it's not bad. It still has 260bph & is 4 wheel drive. But ultimately, when are you even gonna get a car designed, and put in to production that looks like that?
He nobbed in kind of agreement gesture look to his face. Then the typical Alfa Romeo insult of evny came.

"So what's it worth?.......... About 3 grand? Numpties mate. To many of them on our roads
did you stick your finger in his eye
alfa 4 ever is offline  
Status: -
AO Silver Member
 
IAMBRERA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Jamaica
County: Saint Ann Parish
Posts: 1,705

Member car:

SV JTS 24V V6 Q4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa 4 ever View Post
did you stick your finger in his eye


No, but when i got back in my car i could see him in my rear view pointing at the Brera Saying something to i pressume his wife. Because he didn't get out, he made her dump what ever he had.

Typical pie eater. Beer swilling. Arm chair football supporter
IAMBRERA is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Hampshire
Posts: 43
Red spider driving from alton towards basingstoke on the A339 (alton road)
chappers02 is offline  
Status: Breraless :(
AO Platinum Member
 
Squadrone Rosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Neath Port Talbot
Posts: 29,909
Images: 45
Edir as posted in wrong thread

Last edited by Squadrone Rosso; 26-01-15 at 12:08.
Squadrone Rosso is online now  
Status: -
AO Member
 
matty74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: United Kingdom
County: Croston Lancs
Posts: 227
Images: 12
Overtaken by a Black 08 Brera heading into Euxton Lancs last night ... Oooooh they do look nice don't they ... Glad I've got one
matty74 is online now  
Status: Powerflex Mk4 - Non Squeak Edition
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
JabawokJayUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 3,382
Images: 31
Garage
Saw a black 159 in Blackpool on Friday afternoon. got a flash and a knowing smile.
JabawokJayUK is offline  
Status: turning heads everywhere
AO Silver Member
 
lussoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Preston
County: Lancashire
Posts: 4,039
Red 2009 Spider parked up top of Snow Hill / Great Shaw Street, Preston city centre, Saturday lunchtime.
lussoman is offline  
Status: turning heads everywhere
AO Silver Member
 
lussoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Preston
County: Lancashire
Posts: 4,039
White Spider LE, just like mine, parked up on Highfield Road, Blackpool this evening.
Bloody gorgeous .
lussoman is offline  
Status: New badges added :)
AO Member
 
AndyB2801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cheshire
Posts: 711

Member car:

Brera 2.2 JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lussoman View Post
White Spider LE, just like mine, parked up on Highfield Road, Blackpool this evening.
Bloody gorgeous .
You sure it wasn't your reflection in a shop window
AndyB2801 is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 , 946 , brera , spotted , thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome