Are you still in Love with your Alfa or Have you replaced it yet? - Page 5 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member

Member car:

Alfa GT Jtdm

Originally Posted by ScouseLad View Post
Will have to sell my 159 next year as I take a cash allowance instead of a crappy company car from Kia / Hyundai / Renault etc. Rule is at place of work no more than 7 years old ( +/- 3months ) or 100,00 miles which ever comes first. My 159 is 7 years old on Xmas eve this year. Thus will need to have changed before 24th March 2015.

Choices out there are limited, potentially another 159, maybe a SW, if not may consider a final Saab 9-5, a Chrysler Delta with the 2.0 JTDM engine or something else.
I had a similar situation in a previous job. But it was never enforced and no-one checked. A private plate makes it more difficult to anyone having a casual glance too.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: North Ayrshire
Originally Posted by t3yls View Post
I had a similar situation in a previous job. But it was never enforced and no-one checked. A private plate makes it more difficult to anyone having a casual glance too.
That's the problem. It's on private plate since I put one on when I got it, besides the accountants ask to see the V5 so they record the registration date against the office car park permit sticker, hence it's always reviewed. Accountants eh ?

A SW seems the best solution, but it would need to be low low mileage and a keeper so that I am not having to change every 2 - 3 years. I am now doing on average 14k a year, so no doubt will be swapping over to diesel as most journeys including commuting is motorway and A roads.

Wife trying to plant the seed for a Fiat 500L, god no !

Current :
Alfa 159 1.8 Turismo Sport

Previous Owns :
2004 Alfa 147 1.9 16v Mjet.
2005 Alfa 156 SW 2.4 20v Mjet.
2001 Alfa 156 SW 1.8 16v Twinnie.
1996 Alfa 164 2.0 TS Super Lusso
AO Member
County: West Midlands
Throughly enjoyed my Brera JTS S. But it is time to say bye to it as it costs me too much in fuel and im constantly worried about people dinging it when I park at work!
Sadly I will be getting something more boring and economic...however I have big plans to get the bike license and have some fun on 2 wheels! Shame Alfa don't do bikes! :P
AO Member
County: Merseyside
I think about changing but as soon as she's washed and shiny I can't take my eyes off her, still one of the best looking cars on the road and a proper head turner , but I do like the Brera

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

alfa , love , replaced