i bought 159 6 months ago (year 2008, 130k km (80k miles)). I've been searching for solution (all over the internet) for this rubbing noise for the last 5 months. Sometimes i did find someone with similar problem, but .. just similar
Drove it to mechanic twice, they registered problem, but without solution of course..
back to the symptoms. periodical rubbing noise can be heard only when:
1. engine is warm (above ~70 deg (Celsius)).
2. low speed (bellow ~40 kmph/30mph)
3. sound doesn't change if i press clutch or drive in 1st/2nd/3rd gear
4. rubbing depends of speed. when i press clutch and let car slowing, rubbing is slowing too, or rubbing period is larger. when car stops, rubbing disappears.
5. rpm doesn't have effect on noise. if i press throttle with pressed clutch and engine goes above 2k or 3k rpm, rubbing doesn't change at all.
6. when i turn OFF the car while moving, noise STOPS(!!). if i turn it ON while still moving, noise is back again.
since bought it, i changed engine oil, filters, belts (and tensioners), water pump.
any ideas what to look for?