159 2.4jtdm and ecuscan-perimeters??? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 02-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Victoria
159 2.4jtdm and ecuscan-perimeters???

Hi guys.Sorry if there is a similar thread like this,i just couldnt find anything.
Got a ecuscan program and a cable on ebay and everything seems fine with it.The question that i have is does anyone here knows the correct parameters on ther sensors and stuff,cause i keep reading the numbers but i dont really know if everything works as it should.For example my egr valve opening is 3.9998 % but i got no clue if that is good or bad.SO if any of you have idea of the main perimeters of that engine and sensors or can post a photo what should normal numbers be,ill be very thankfull..Cheers
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Wrexham
In that program 4% was closed for my egr.
If you log for longer you will see egr open up to 30-40% , it wont operate for a few minutes off a cold start and evenwhen upto temp it will probably cycle on and off every couple of minutes.
To confirm operation you can log egr % and actual maf airflow mg/i , in graph mode you should see the 2 appose each other ie egr open to 30-40% maf drop by 100-200mg/i and so on(not sure on actual numbers for 2.4)
For other stuff on engine theres actual and desired parameters, so you can log eg desired fuel pressure and actual fuel pressure, desired maf act maf, desired boost act boost,boost and vnt solenoid , rail pressure and pressure regulator, fuel injector correction (cold and hot)
Are all nice data to have for future reference if car running well now.
Diagnosis is harder if you have no data to compare to,so if you want to play with software it will be invaluable for you or others one day.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , 24jtdm , ecuscanperimeters