Check engine not going off ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 26-03-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Madrid
Check engine not going off ?

Hello all.
Recently I re-fitted the infamous swirl valves rod to see if that made any difference in the behaviour of the car, as I noticed it was off the valves when I purchased the car two months ago (it's a 1.9 JTDm from 2005).

The car has been running 3-4 days with it, and yesterday it suddenly shown "Check engine" message and orange engine light, and lost a lot of power (although running smooth, no vibrations, just felt as it lacked a turbo).
So first I suspected about this and checked the rod: it had indeed fallen off again in a position that was locking the movement of third flap. So I assume that this was causing the error and limp mode. Now I am waiting for the repair kit for a permanent-ish fix.

So I removed the rod and after that the car has run good again so far during the next two trips. However, the light and message still appear.

Should I wait for several more drive cycles for it to go off or must I plug the scanner and clear the error? (I hope it was really only this and not other intermittent new error).

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

check , engine