159 replacement!! - Page 11 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
Originally Posted by ScouseLad View Post
From Glasses Guide, June 2014.

Trader Retail Minimum : £9600.00
Part Exchange Maximum : £7500.00
Auction Maximum : £7000.00

Top private money is around £1500 less than retail minimum, so assume around £8000.00

Hope this helps.
I remember the conversation I had with the MB dealer principal when I swapped my immaculate low mileage 159 for a high spec C Class coupé back in 2009.

"Glasses says £***** for your Alfa, I'll phone around and do the best I can for you, but I won't get anywhere near that price, the way the trade is, it's a work of fiction these days".

This was from a man who'd been selling quality cars most of his working life, and knew the trade inside out. Of course he made a profit on the deal, I'm in business myself and don't begrudge him a penny. I'd done all the sums beforehand, and doubt I could have done better anywhere else, and he looked after me for the next three years. That's what dealers are there for, it's not difficult to work out who the good ones are, they're usually the ones who survive.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
My 2.4 Ti had retained 43% at 4 years (based on list price) - I leased it for 3 years, bought it out the lease and kept it another year.

I bought my 156 out the lease after 3 years, it had retained about 33% (had a lot of miles though)

The 147 retained 25% after 5 years, but in reality as I got huge discount had actually retained 35%

We haven't done badly out the Alfa's, if you buy a desirable specification and at the right price, they don't cost much more than any comparable motor.
AO Member
County: North Ayrshire
Originally Posted by cornclose View Post

Do you have access to a Glasses Guide ? Might need an update valuation when the time comes.
Yes I do, suggest post or PM me for an update valuation when the time comes.

Some cars values increase and decrease month on month, also bear in mind supply and demand. Petrol Alfa 159's and 147's have more or less levelled out now month on month this year. Fuel prices also have an affect with values as well, marginal, but still affects. Diesels have had a premium over petrol for some years when used, but this is changing on cars more than 5 years old.
AO Member
County: Midlands
Thanks! Will PM when the time comes.

Thanks again.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , replacement