Comparing the 946 Spider - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 21-03-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: West Sussex
Comparing the 946 Spider

I had a good look at my SIL's Merc SLK 200 over the weekend, and naturally was comparing it to our Spider 2.2JTS. Setting aside all other considerations, and looking at both cars as tourers, the Spider wins hands down in my opinion. To start the Merc lacks leg room, I'm short but could not stretch out my legs sat in the passenger seat. There is no storage behind the seats which you get in the Spider, and the boot in the SLK is even smaller than ours. So as I said, considering both cars as tourers the Spider is No1!

Oh! One last thing, the Spider is MUCH better looking!

Someone said to me, "so whats so special about an Alfa Romeo then?" I told him, "If you have to ask, you wont understand".

Driving Brera S 2.2, wife drives 939 Spider 2.2 and there is a 1972 Spider 2000 S2 in the garage for fun days.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Kent

Member car:

Alfetta GTV6/4C

No contest really. The 946 Spider may not be a favourite for flinging into corners but it is a real looker and very comfortable tourer. It follows in the footsteps of other Spiders which, in their quirky ways, have all arrived at the junction between Classic and Forgettable and have turned down the classic route. The 946 has classic written from one end to the other and is an Alfa which looks good from almost every angle. I suspect the shortish production run will help in the long term for these cars to hold their value. The big challenge will be to keep all the technology working!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

946 , comparing , spider