air filter - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: West Sussex

Member car:

E82 125i

I've used oiled filter on my last few cars and never had a problem. Problems only come from over-oiled filters
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Bergamo
Just in the process of deciding what to do with my airfilter/box as the complete original set up was removed by a previous owner. I'm not sure of the original parts costs to replace from Alfa and searching for options the BMC oval trumpet airbox looks interesting. Any thoughts ?
I'm thinking the inlet could be made up to take inlet air from original position with the addition of a 90deg elbow. Will check this when i get the bumper off.

P.S - tried a few breakers and no luck so far with finding an original airbox.
AO Silver Member
County: Leicestershire
Here's how mine fits with the original 156 JTS airbox...

Attachment 194346

Last edited by Tommywho156; 12-11-14 at 17:35.
AO Member
County: North Yorkshire
well after messing i can see what the fuss is all about, that pipe that goes from the airbox to the front of the grille is loose as anything. Gotta say as well, for a car with full service history i cannot believe how dirty my airbox was!! lol Car is running so much smoother now with fresh filters and fluids (Y)

I think the filter element itself looks to be a pretty good design for flow etc to be honest, better than most cars anyway even if it is a faff to change, huge surface area to it - When i get a chance i just think i will try make that pipe from the airbox more secure and I'm happy; that or replace that pipe with a bigger bit of pipe and make sure its properly attached and not gonna fall off when driven into a big puddle (not that i intend to drive through massive puddles regularly)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

air , filter