Another OBD / fiat scan question - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 24-02-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Tyrone
Another OBD / fiat scan question

Hi Guys,

Please excuse me asking these questions, I'm sure similar has been asked before. I bought an obd 2 16 pin to USB cable which came with software for my BMW E46. Will this same cable work with Fiat ecu scan on my 159 2.4? As OBD 2 is an industry standard plug surely there should be no issues? Also where is the best place to get software to read the 159 computers? I came across a website that offers a time limited free version or for 50 euros an unlimited version, is it worthwhile paying for the unlimited version or are there other sites where I can download it for free?

A friend has a bluetooth obd 2 interface for his hand held computer which has software for most vehicles and the same plug works on all so I see no reason why this shouldn't work.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -
Not sure about the cable but search for multiecuscan. Very good software with the free version doing many functions though depending what you want to do with it you may need to pay a subscription. Will also inform you as to what cables are compatible.
AO Platinum Member
Is your cable a KKL (often called VAGcom) or an ELM cable?

The MultiECUScan website will show you what ECUs you can connect to with the different cables.

FYI, "OBD2" was a USA std which Alfa never used, but the same connector is used by EOBD which your 159 is.
AO Silver Member
County: Toliman
As said above multiecuscan is what you want. You will most probably have to modify your existing cable as Alfa swop a few of the pins over from memory. You can find this too on the multiecuscan web siye.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

fiat , obd , question , scan