2.2 JTS - Oily patch on driveway :( - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 17-02-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Greater London
2.2 JTS - Oily patch on driveway :(

Hi guys

Just thought i'd post a quick message up here. Hoping to get the B up on a ramp at some point this week to take a look, however I have an ominous feeling and need Alfa people around me to tell me it will all be OK

My Brera only really gets used at weekends, so spends most of the week on the driveway other than the odd run. I noticed a patch of oily odourless fluid today on the driveway. Upon inspection it appears to be dripping off the bottom bush of the front drivers side wishbone.

I am aware of a very minor oil leak from the oil sender on the front of the sump, however looking at this, it doesnt appear to have got any worse and the undertray is dry below it....so I don't think the oil is coming from here.

Any ideas what else is in that area? I have a feeling the power steering pump is directly above there, which is a fear as I have seen more than enough threads about power steering failures!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

driveway , jts , oily , patch