Excessive wind noise from windshield? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 13-02-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Madrid
Excessive wind noise from windshield?

Hello all.
I am a recent 159 owner. The car is from Dec-2005 and runs quite well.
However, the wind noise above around 60-70MPH is too high. It is not wistling, but similar to when you have very high winds outside, even if wind is totally calm.
The noise seems to come from the windshield area. Is this a known issue with earlier units and are there any points I should look at? Or just standard poor sealing of the windshield in case it was replaced by the previous owner (I don't know, but it has the alfa logo at the corner).

I tried folding the driver's (left side here) mirror with no change. I also moved the wipers and no change either. I already replaced the two small plastic trims at the lower sides of the glass as they were a bit deformed and separated, but I still have too much noise.

This noise really prevents me to go above that speed (I know, I shouldn't anyway!) because it makes the trip unconfortable, so really would like to get it solved soon.

Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
Eliminate the windscreen, then door frame, in sections by applying masking tape in turn to each section to see which area has the most effect.

This is actually in the Alfa Romeo workshop manual.

I had one new in 2006 that was noisy due to the door seal, a new one was fitted and the door re-aligned to improve things.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

excessive , noise , wind , windshield