159 battery going flat after 1 week - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 26-01-13 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 156

159 battery going flat after 1 week

Folks I got a new battery last year, but since moving work location have had to start walking to work.... Downside ? After 1 week not driving it battery is going flat ...any ideas ??? It's getting annoying :-( have a 10 plate 2.4 ti
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Durham
No that's not right, I have been leaving my car for the week un-used as i get the train to work and no problems starting the car at the weekend, even starting in the cold weather we have had recently. Since its a 10 plate is it still in warranty? get them to work out whats wrong, don't so pose battery is under warranty?
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

159 Sportswagon.

Unfortunately its very common, do a search. I'm fitting a solar charger (lighter power points don't work with the key out, so you have to wire it in to a permanent live) to combat the issue.

Other solutions are to leave the earth off the battery, turn off the alarm or leave on a conditioner on all the time.

You should get longer out of it at in the summer when its not so cold.

Its always worth getting your alternator and battery checked, halfords do it for free.

I get about ten/eleven days out of my new battery and alternator, I've got a couple of threads about it with lots of owners with the same issue.

The general concensus is its the alarm. This weekend im going to put the meter on it and start pulling fuses to confirm it. Its a right pain.

It isn't completely across the board of owners but I suspect the way it was last driven dictates if you get any more time out if it.

Last edited by jonnym; 26-01-13 at 15:08. Reason: mobile phone update caused issues
AO Member
County: Dublin

Member car:

159 JTDm

I had same issue last week. Car left in cold weather for 1 week ...then would not start. Battery 6 months old. Interesting possibilities above .. Alarm etc ... will test next time by not enabling the alarm

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , battery , flat , week