remap & warranty - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 24-01-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire
remap & warranty

Ok, so i have a '10 plate spider.

Have had it for almost 2 years and feel the time is approaching for a remap. Not that the car runs badly but after reading through ppl's responses to the remap it definatley seems worth it.

So the question is, If I were to get the remap, would it affect and warrantty left on the car. It's on it's 3rd year 'dealer waranty' though not entirely sure exactly what that means but this runs out in August. I would be looking into further warranty cover ongoing after August. Shall look more into this nearer the time.

Thanks for any advise.

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
I am int he same situation, going to wait until August (Edit: when my warranty ends) if I get a remap.

Last edited by giblets46; 25-01-13 at 11:45.
AO Gold Member
Your bums oot the windae if they decide to go looking for remap evidence as a way of declining cover.

They can claim everything from engine to driveshaft has been operated outwith the original spec.

Its your might get a way with it though as the car is obsolete now, so its not so readily comparable on a test drive as long as it still looks the same underneath.
AO Member
I have had a remap during the 2nd year of warranty and have not had any issues. In fact main dealers like Mangos offer their own version of a remap/fuelling tweaks. I have made a few dealer warranty claims as well as used warranty claim via private providers after main dealer warranty expired. 4 years and I have not had any issues on my 159 with a remap in terms of warranty or insurance.

A remap is generally undetectable and not always done to increase power, some remaps do offer better driveability (safer). The only way to detect a remap is to go specifically looking for one using dealer examiner tool which is rarely done.
My opinion is its safe to do provided you are 'sensible' about it.

"With growling revolutions my soul shall transcend"
AO Member
County: Berkshire

Member car:

2.4JTDM 159Ti SW

I'd wait mate. When you get it done its like going out with your missus first time round again!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

remap , warranty