Error messages - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 10-01-13 Thread Starter
County: North Ayrshire

Member car:

Brera 2.4JTDM

Error messages

Been getting a couple of error messages recently on my Brera SV 2.4JTDM 210 - Glow Plug pre heating not available and also Oil Change required. Thought it was odd so had the local garage reset these but within a couple of days both re appeared so reset again and same happened again. So had a look on here and advice said change the plugs and get an oil change even though it had only just had one. So done that and the messages dissapeared for a few days but are now back.
Anyone any ideas on how to get rid of these for good as their annoying me and I am sure there isnt anything actually wrong.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Noord Brabant
Resetting the error does not help for the oil change warning. This must be done by a service interval reset.

And for the glowplug error, most likely either one of the glowplugs is defective of the relais stopped working.
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

I had the exact same glow plug warning on my 159 and it was an easy fix. The main glow plug fuse had gone. A garage fixed it quickly and the warning went instantly and hasn't come back.
Club Member
Membro Premio
County: Cambridgeshire
Random error messages are common when your battery is low on charge and when it's cold your battery is more prone to loose charge quicker, especially if its a few years old. You might want to pop into a halfords and get them to do a free test to see what condition it's in.

Plenty of threads on here about random errors linked to batteries on the way out. Worth a quick check before you start diagnosing faults.
AO Member
Glow plug - measure the resistance of each one and replace any that are open circuit.
(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 14-01-13 Thread Starter
County: North Ayrshire

Member car:

Brera 2.4JTDM

Thanks for all the messages will give them all a shot and hopefully all my problems will disappear.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

error , messages