3rd year warranty is it worth anything? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 06-01-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cambridgeshire
3rd year warranty is it worth anything?

Hi there I recently took my Brera into Donald's Alfa dealer in Peterborough to get some issues sorted under warranty, and was told the 3rd year is underwritten by an insurance company and therefore not managed by Alfa, making it difficult to get work sorted!
My issues are: windscreen wiper arm failing the bonnet and has taken paint off!
Gear stick gator has worn a hole!
Stitching on the passenger seat has split!
Leak from the passenger door seal!

Donald's looked at the car and told by after submitting the claim all have been rejected as wear and tear issues and therefore are not covered!
I am very disappointed by this response and was not aware that Alfa did not cover the car in the 3rd year but am left unsure what to do now! Has anyone else had any problems with 3rd yr claims....... Any advice would gratefully received
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
I've had wear and tear covered in year 3 no problem, dealers dealt between Alfa and the insurance to get everything approved, including seat covers and split leather.

Do you have a good relationship with the dealer?
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 06-01-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
I thought I had a decent relationship with them but they said there hands are tied! Looks like I will have to get in contact with Alfa Romeo directly!!
AO Member

Member car:

3 series (sorry)

I have had loads done in third year warranty on my 159 and on previous alfas. This included a clutch on a gt 3 weeks before the 3rd year ran out.
I've extended mine with alfa care on my 159 and there has been no quibble on the claims made in this time.

I do get the impression the relationship between the dealer and warranty may have a bearing on it?
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
I had the same issue with the wiper hitting the bonnet with the 'approved Alfa' warranty, as it is not covered, there is another thread on this which has given a solution or two:
AO Member
County: Lancashire
I had several issues looked at on the 3rd year of the warranty (some of them several times) and the dealer never quibbled about any of them. They even helped me sort it out in the first place as it hadn't been registered by the car supermarket that I bought the car from.

My problem was that despite looking into the issues and replacing various parts several times, both of my 'issues' with the car were still present when the warranty expired which is what led me to trade it in before I really expected to
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 07-01-13 Thread Starter
AO Member
The main reason I was hoping to get the wiper problem sorted is because its a known fault and it has caused damage to the paintwork on the bonnet!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

3rd , warranty , worth , year