159 Remap, DPF removal and EGR switch off? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 05-01-13 Thread Starter
County: Norfolk

Member car:

159 1.9

159 Remap, DPF removal and EGR switch off?

Hello all, newbie here.

I've been the forum a while but never posted anything just been interested in peoples post.
I currently have a 159 JTDM 1.9 2007 with 60k on the clock, 30k of which I have done myself.

Im trying to get my head around the remap people go on about, as my 159 does have the issue of power delivery being sluggish occasionally which I thought maybe down to the injectors, but the more I read the more possibly issues I find.

Is it worth the remap?

What gains are realistically achieved in peoples experience?

And anyone got any tips on squeaky brakes?

Regards Rob
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Kent
There are many people offering DPF/EGR deletes with remaps, and a search of the forum will give you many hours of reading. I just had mine done by Angel Tuning in Banbury, and they did an excellent job for 330 including VAT. Well worth it, loads more power and better MPG. There is also another respected tuner on here called AHM who can do it for 600 + Vat. Both very good from what ive read.

The squeaky brakes, try taking the pads off an putting copper grease on the back of the pads (not the friction side obviously ), and if that doesnt work may be worth chucking some new discs and pads on for good measure.

Welcome to the fold
AO Member
County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

159 2.0JTDm SW

Hi Rob,

I'm not going to get involved in the remap part of this, I havent had one done yet but there are plenty of people that have and loads of them will be along any minute

but the squeaky brakes are usually a sticking caliper, when you notice the squeak pull the handbrake on one notch and if the squeaking stops then it's the rears that are sticking.

there is a tutorial on here somwhere about cleaning the calipers up with a wire brush/drill attachment. I have squeaky rears but it's been too cold to do anything about it recently so have left them squeaking for now (probably a false economy as he sticky brake will overheat the hub causing the grease to get hot and dribble out and then I'll need a new wheelbearing as well! but thats the chance you take )

County: -

Member car:

If you're inclined to work on the car yourself there a lot of things you can do about the EGR and DPF which don't cost hundreds of pounds and, apart from the remap, will achieve the same results.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , dpf , egr , remap , removal , switch