Can someone help me identify the leak? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 27-12-12 Thread Starter
County: -
Hmmm Can someone help me identify the leak?

I've had my 159 for a month now and I'm sad to say I need your help

I had a near-collision with a truck on a highway today and got away from it with a cut tyre and no other damage whatsoever! I'm still not sure what saved my Alfa from being completley destroyed - my reaction or amazing Alfa stability and breaking control. The damage was limited to the right rear tyre (which hit something by the side of the road, I guess) which was not so bad, considering what could have happened.

Anyway, I had to change both rear tyres and while the car was on the lift the mechaninc noticed there was some kind of "oil" leaking down the right rear wheel arm. It doesn't smell (so it can't be diesel), it doesn't leak from the shock absorber and the break fluid lines look intact.

I took the car to be checked by my "unofficial" Alfa mechanic who was confused as I was. The liquid is supposedly "sweet" and looks like a hidraulic or antifreeze fluid (which doesn't make sense at the rear of the car). As my guy was busy today, I've scheduled a check-up early in the January (as I have to have the exhaust manifold fixed too). Until then I would love to have a better idea of what the actual problem is.

What is this and how to fix it? Any ideas?

Here are a few pictures of the arm and the leak:
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1398
Maube a previous owner was over zealous with silcone spray trying to eradicate a dry joint?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

identify , leak