Warranty Works? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 8 Old 24-12-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cambridgeshire
Warranty Works?

I'm thinking about getting a warranty for my Spider in case the light of death comes on at some stage! Has anyone used Warranty Works? They want £199 for 12 months full electrical and mechanical cover. Warranty Direct wanted £875!?!?!?!

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
Read the fine print!
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 17
County: West Yorkshire
stick money aside each month if you're worried about it, don't give it to a warranty company, they'll do their best to wriggle out of not paying up.

If the worst does happen it's best to remain in control of where and how the car gets repaired.
AO Gold Member
County: -
The only warranty i bother with is Alfa warranty, too many clauses in am warranty and use wear and tear as an excuse to not pay out
AO Member
County: Hertfordshire
I never touch these any more. From experience, if its something cheap to fix, they may cover it, but, if its expensive, they will send an automotive engineer to examine the car and wriggle out of it using one of their exclusion clauses.
AO Member
County: Cardiff

Member car:

Put the money you would have spent into a savings account....

If your lucky you won't need it.
AO Member
My experience is different though. I have a 3 year AA Gold warranty bought via Cargiant where I bought my Alfa 159. So far they have paid out for a rear coil spring, 2.2JTS stretched timing chain, Failed solenoids, failed Mass Flow meter. I had the option to use their approved garage or else my own choice at a capped labour rate of £45, which I topped up with any difference in cost. Didnt need any inspections or arguing etc. If its failed they paid for most of the total cost. Infact once this is due for renewal soon I shall be getting another warranty. Its definitely worth it considering the cost of fixing and parts these days.

"With growling revolutions my soul shall transcend"
AO Member
County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

159 2.0JTDm SW

I've looked into and am considering the Warrany Direct one.

If you have your own breakdown cover (RAC/AA etc) then they do a 'lite' version of their product.

The majority of the cost of their standard package is for recovery in the event of a breakdown.

They have quoted me £99 P/A for my 57 plate <80k Miles 159 1.9JTDm

They will pay 80% of repair bills provided the recovery company specifiy that the breakdown was caused by failure of a covered part (not including consumables, tyres, break pads etc)

(IIRC they also cover items damaged due to the failed part as well)

and for the £99 package they will pay for the work to be done at any vat registered garage, for a bit more they will pay for the work to be done at a main dealer.

The only stummbling block I have at the moment is that they ask for the car to have been serviced at a vat registered garage in the last 12 months (don't need full history) but given that I have serviced it myself (twice) in the 6 months I've owned it and I got no service history with it, I need to get it done again at a proper garage before I buy the warranty.

Whatever you go for read the small print, they tried to pressure me into buying over the phone but I refused until they sent me the full policy wording, which they were happy to do.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

warranty , works