Brera passenger window not working why. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 16-12-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Essex
Brera passenger window not working why.

HI everyone, i have spent sometime trying to read up on this and what possible part i may need but i am confused.

The other very cold evening, my paggenger window dropped as normal on opening the car door but then stopped working altogether. It wont go up and it wont go down so is open about 2 inches, i even have tried to give it a helping hand. Frustratingly my 3yr warranty ran out The very day before so the main dealer said it would not be covered (gutted as i have only had one other fault in those 3 yrs). Anywayi have tried a reset but window is not moving at all. When i press the window button down, i hear a clicking noise inside the passenger door panel near the speaker, but nothing when i press it up. Is it likely to be motor failure meaming i nee a whole new regulator or could it be the window ECU controller even though i can hear a click. Am i right in thinking the ecu controller is in the drivers door and operates both windows. Any help would be appreciated, i want to keep costs down this close to christmas really. Cheers Deaks
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Greater London
Its pretty easy to take the door card out. Why dont you take a look see if something froze or unclipped during the cold weather....
County: -

Member car:

Sounds like you might need a window lift regulator...the part which has the slides and lifting cable. A common failure is the cable either snapping or becoming slack over time and then jumping off the winding drum.

Not too difficult to change, thankfully not too expensive to buy.

Once yoiu have the door card off remove the motor in the miiddle (just three screws) and you'll be able to see the winding drum and cable to see if it's still on the drum, or not
AO Member
County: Hertfordshire
I was going to suggest checking fuses but if you are getting a click from inside the door card, they are probably fine.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 17-12-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Essex
Thanks guys, I will try to have a look at it this weekend. Hopefully we wont have too much rain in between. Lets see how many clips I can break getting the door card off.
Cheers Deaks

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , passenger , window , working