Dpf fix and egr fix - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Merseyside
Hi Axe, thanks for your help. Sorry thats my mistake regarding current car. Ive had a 159 1.9 jtdm for a couple of years now, just forgot to update my profile on here.

Ill take a look at the location you have mentioned. Thanks again

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
Originally Posted by virmanih View Post
Hi, I am new to the diesels however not to Alfa's . Just a quick one, what do you guys mean when you talk about "regens". what are the signs ? I do not have any warning lights and the car is 2006 model 1.9jtdm with 71000 on the clock.

Thanks for any replies guys.
In reply to this, the answer is present in many threads as its so often discussed but here are the basics as I recall:
while driving, say 15-20 mins into a drive, when your engine temp is up to normal.
You should notice a different engine tone, it will sound deeper. you might feel something a bit diff too. your mpg will be off, a fair bit lower than normal.
if you take your foot off the gas you'll see the turbo gauge drop like a stone rather than slowly ease off.
a regen takes about 10-15mins? annoying if you are about to pull into work... its best to stay on the road/motorway until its finished...

*given my earlier posts here I should point out I had mine remapped and egr blocked and dpf removed. my mpg improved a very large amount... given how often my regens were happening I'd guess my dpf was at the end of its life.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

dpf , egr , fix