Radiator hose split - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 19-11-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cardiff
Warning Radiator hose split

On my way to work this morning on the dual carriage i was very alarmed to the temperature gauge way above normal operating temperature ...pulled over and checked the coolant and the reservoir was empty!!

anyway filled it back up and it got me to work without problems.. checked the reservoir again and it was below minimum. so i took it to the garage and now the garage has reported back saying they found the leak and its split radiator hose!!

and the cost for fixing it is 150 (parts and labour) i asked which/what hose had failed he said it it wasn't a short hose but a long one ? and it had rubbed on a bit of plastic which created the hole and only showed itself when pressurised i believe.. the car is a 2006 (75k)

my question is to my fellow alfists does this price sound reasonable ? could i have done it myself ? (looking to get more hands on)

or have i made the right choice once and let the professionals deal with it

DPF/EGR/MOD Unshackled!!

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

159 Sportswagon.

Yes you could. But then you can say that about almost any bolt on part, but it does come down to ability with tools, available tools and basic know how and they all big variables.

Look on elearn manual, I believe its free, it gives you step by step guide to the processes for most things.

I would encourage you to have a go at the basics and a rubber hose replacement is quite basic.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

hose , radiator , split