159 2.0 JTDm fuel consumption. - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: -
Hi Wopa,
Did you manage to increase your mpg with your 2.0?

I've just got one and my mpg is poor too. I had a perfect 45 mile run this morning and I get 38 mpg. This is based on adding 3 mpg to the dash reading because that is the discrepancy when I do a brim to brim calculation. The main problem seems to be when doing 70 mph on the motorway. My average for exclusive motorway cruising at 70 mph is ~38 mpg. This can't be right. I want to clean the egr out but I'm not sure if guides which have been posted can be applied to the 2.0 jtdm engine.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Brera 2.0 Jtdm

I created a thread similar to this one a few months ago for the Brera with the same engine asvI was shocked when comparing it to my previous GT. Since the thread I've tried a few things with some success as its not really been long enough to see if it's a long term improvent.

The first thing I did was run some Archoil BG244 through the engine. I did a long run well into Scotland and back getting 39mpg doing about 73 on the clock with cruise control on early one Sunday morning. I filled up at Tebay where I added the BG244 and for the remainder of the journey I was getting 46mpg until I started to use my right foot more in heavy traffic. Subsequent motorway journeys has yielded an increase up to 38 mpg, but these weren't as long. It is more noticeable in this car than the GT that if you put your foot down, the increase in mpg is significant.

Subsequently my daily commute went from 32 to just under 36 on average for a tank and a half.

A few hundred miles ago on the last fill up I put in some Archoil 6500 DPF and Cat cleaner, but I've not seen an improvement. The car was left idling in an ice installer so the mpg for this tank won't be good.

My car is also booked in to get the DPF removed with a remap this week at Alfatune. I've also got some Archoil routine additive which you use at every fill up, but haven't added any yet because I didn't want to put several types in at once.

I'm not recommending the BG244 to anybody just yet, but the initial results look promising. It may be worth a punt.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , consumption , fuel , jtdm