I'm just looking for sympathy. I'm sure everything will be fine in a week's time!
So, a week on I have a tatty MiTo parked in my driveway. It's got marketing stickers all over the doors and bonnet and some of the interior trim missing. It's the best courtesy car the dealer had, apparently.
The car I purchased, an Alfa Romeo Spider 08-plate, is back with the dealership. The following list of issues has caused this:
* Investigate and rectify the alarm issue. The alarm is being re-armed when I unlock the door using the key fob, alarm LED in driver's door does not flash.
* Investigate and rectify the "Have Engine Checked" warning light. This light is constantly illuminated.
* Confirm timing chain is within tolerance limits.
* Hood lifts at rear edge/corner at motorway speeds. Please rectify this.
* Pressure test the petrol cap and replace if faulty.
* Check battery condition and charging process and replace if faulty.
* Perform Approved User Car Multi-Point Inspection and provide documented checklist.
* Perform any additional servicing or remedial work to bring the car up to the required standard for sale for its age and mileage.
* Perform software updates to bring all the software on the car up-to-date (need documentary evidence of this).
* Provide job card for all work carried out on car (signed by <dealer_name_witheld> authorised signatory).
* The carpet mats provided were for the wrong car. Please replace with Spider carpet mats.
* Steering wheel judder.
That's not the complete list, by the way. Just the main points.
The dealer also owes me just over £3K as my part-exchange vehicle was valued at a higher price than the Spider I purchased. My bank still has no trace of the funds despite the dealer assuring me that a BACS transfer was completed earlier in the week.
I have the wrong warranty and no breakdown cover either.
Sympathies in the space provided below please...