Okay, almost two weeks on and here's an update. I only have the dealerships word to go on about what is happening with my car.
I was expecting to pick up my car tomorrow (Friday), however, the dealership need to keep hold of it due to an outstanding issue (the alarm issue). Due to my travel plans, I should be able to pick it up after one more week.
The work that has been done so far:
- Engine timing chain replaced (this was to cure the engine warning light)
- Front wheels rebalanced to remove steering wheel judder
- Soft-top realigned at rear so it sits properly on the rear deck
- Battery/charging condition checked
- Tyres confirmed as meeting manufacturer's specification
- Various alarm/central locking components changed but the alarm issue remains
The alarm issue has been diagnosed as a body computer failure of some sort so a new one has been ordered. Apparently there is a lead time of a few days on this and the device has to be coded specifically to the car.
Whilst the dealer is awaiting a new body computer, he will be resolving the soft-top rattle issue.
I am pretty much in shock at the moment!