New Alfa Owner - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 27-10-12 Thread Starter
County: Berkshire
New Alfa Owner

So i have just bought a 2009 159 ti and am a novice when it comes to these beautiful cars...

am seeking some advice on the following....

1 - I have a squeaky glove box, dealer issue or WD40 solution?

2 - squeaky brakes at low speeds....any advice?

3 - car was second hand and has a teeny dink on the front ti body kit, how do i get a touch up pen?

anyone have any experience on this? or a survival guide for the new Alfa owner???

Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Warwickshire
1. I wouldn't use WD-40, rather a silicon lubricant if you can get one, if your dealer is local you might ask them to take a look though.
2. Squeaky brakes, mine were like that for about 1,000miles, seems to have gone, maybe from sitting on the forecourt
3. You can get the touch up pen from dealer or flea bay, paint code should be on a silver sticker in boot or bonnet.
AO Member
A good independent car accessory place quite near me does a paint mixing service, similar to the ones in places like Homebase for DIY stuff. I tried the Alfa dealer for touch-up paint for the 159 I used to own, they didn't have Stromboli Grigio in stock, said they'd be getting some in, and did I want them to phone me when it arrived? When they told me the price, I said they needn't bother. The car place did me a small plastic bottle while I waited, all they needed was the Alfa code number. There's about twenty times as much as the AR touch-up pen for slightly less money, and it was a pretty good match. One tip though, always use a decent quality paintbrush, not the crappy thing that's fixed into the cap with these things. If you have the right number, they can do paint for absolutely anything, and the machine checks if you've got it right by showing the name. I'd guess that this service is quite widely available, though places like Halfords don't seem to do it.

On your brake squeek, it sounds like glazed pads to me, try using them a bit more and doing some hard stops, that usually cures a mild case of squeek.

Last edited by kayem; 28-10-12 at 12:49.
AO Silver Member
County: Cheshire
Welcome to the fold.

The 159 Ti is a wonderful car - enjoy!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

alfa , brakes , owner , squeaky , touchup