I have a 2.4 Spider so almost the same car. Mine is a the 200 bhp 2.4
- Goes well post remap, smooth with bags of torque and power
- The above makes it a superb cruiser and loads of overtaking grunt
- Once warmed up engine sounds pretty good under load and not diesel-like
- MPG is reasonable for a fairly powerful, heavy car.
- Gets a lot of positive attention and comments
- Generally fairly well built
- Feels very solid on the road
- Brembo brakes give immense stopping power
- Sounds very agricultural when cold
- Much to heavy for a car of this type
- Gear change is very crunchy and doesn't like to be rushed
- Seating position too high even at lowest position
- Standard engine was hopeless pre-remap - ridiculous lag. Later 210 bhp 2.4 engine is better out of the box.
- Standard suspension a joke - springs ridiculously soft and car wallowed and rolled all over the place when driven hard. Fixed by fitting an OMP strut brace and Eibach springs
- Windows rattle a bit in the door frames
- Chrome fascia and steering wheel centre very easily damaged (and reflect the light into your eyes with the top down, though obviously less of a concern for a Brera!)
- Can be a bit smokey post remap
That is my honest feedback after 12 months of ownership.
To be fair, my biggest gripes were fixed with the remap and Eibach springs and now the car handles and performs very well. It is a great all rounder that excels at long distance, whilst very sure footed on A road blasts. It gets loads of attention from other road users, mostly positive.
However, good as the Spider is, I have never truly bonded with it. I like it, but that is far as it goes. I can't get passionate about it somehow and view it as a utility vehicle. My daily work horse.
Hope that helps anyway! Good luck in your search.