Spider problems - looking for advice and a good independent
Had my 08 Alfa Spider 2.4 JTDM for a couple of years but I've only landed here when I've hit some snags, wish I'd found this place sooner to be honest!
1. I was on the motorway recently and suffered a loss in power, no warning lights but I had to pull over on to the hard shoulder stop the engine and start up again and all was well.
2. A cold morning over the weekend I went for a drive down the motorway and when I hit 6th gear the car started to judder, changed down to 5th and judder again, changed down to 4th and no judder, changed up to 5th about 30 seconds later and no judder, continued my journey.
3. It seems to be a bit jittery in tickover.
The car has had a recent service at my local garage and a new battery for winter.
Some other minor issues.
4. On startup it tells me to change the engine oil - this has been done but my local garage can't get rid of the message.
5. Service schedule message needs resetting as above.
All advice greatly appreciated, I'm looking for a great independent alfa specialist in Lancashire/Northwest to diagnose and fix. I'm based in Blackburn.
Thanks in advance.