159 Windscreen Noise/Rattle - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 03-10-12 Thread Starter
County: New South Wales
159 Windscreen Noise/Rattle

Hi all, If you are experiencing a noise or rattle that appears to be coming from the dash, it may actually be coming from the windscreen. I started by removing the glovebox and the centre console without being able to find or stop the noise. I read a thread on this fourm that suggested the windscreen may be problem so I decided to have it removed and refitted.
The hardest part of that was removing the rear view mirror, which in hindsight was a breeze.
Unfortunately the noise was even worse after the windscreen adhesive set, very distressing indeed. I decided to use the old rubber windscreen surround for the refit as it was in good condition and this turns out the the whole problem, both before and after.
The surround becomes less flexible with age and this was the cause of the noise.
I fixed it by spraying Armor All Original Protectant on the rubber seal and leaving it for 15 minutes. Problem gone Game over.. it is that simple.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , noise , noise or rattle , windscreen