159 Engine Oil - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: Victoria

Member car:

I got a link to this thread from another discussion.

I found some information courtesy of Caltex

In December 2012, ACEA amended its some of its definitions such that ACEA C3 has become mutually exclusive with ACEA A3/B3 and A3/B4. The changes were made to emphasize the fact that today, the ACEA A3/B3 and A3/B4 Sequences are primarily intended for applications where lower quality, higher sulfur content fuels are in use.

Thus ACEA A3/B3 and A3/B4 claims are no longer made for Havoline Fully Synthetic C3 SAE 5W30, which is primarily an ACEA C3 oil. However, it remains suitable for use in those applications calling for ACEA A3/B3 or A3/B4 oils where it has previously been used, and where low sulfur fuels are being burned
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Originally Posted by RobMsport View Post
Do you think that manufacturers say '' must use '' just to encourage the use of their oils or servicing ?
I use Millers nanotech in my race car and was thinking of using their diesel spec for my 2009 159 2.4 ti
Since posting the above , I've been in touch with MILLER's tech man explaining what car I have and the fact it'll tow on occasions. He said to not bother with the diesel specific oil but to use the same oil as my race petrol 2lt twin cam Ford engine --- Millers Nanodrive 5w40 . So since 46000 miles when I bought it last Sept , it's had exactly that but it definitely wont be in the engine longer than 8000 miles , more likely 6000 miles knowing me.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , engine , oil