Job for today was fitting the new pedals and footrest which arrived this morning!
What a day I have had today! I thought this would take 1-2 hours, wrong!
Removed the 2 rubber pedals and the foot rest, that was easy, drilling the holes on the other hand
Acceleration pedal wasn't to bad as it is plastic, drill went through it like butter, the brake was the most difficult, you have to measure up the holes pretty accurately or it could end in tears, I thought I went too low, almost re-drilled until I started the top ones, they were close!
Foot rest had different fittings to my one, but took the aluminium off the plastic part, cleaned up my old one, and used that instead!
If you can, use a small drill as the angles are very difficult! having a drill accessory that allows you to drill 360 can help.
You could also use a smaller drill bit to get through, then use the correct size one.
Mark the holes with a felt pen, then shine a touch on it and remark them with tipex so you can see it more clearly.
Wedge a bit of wood behind the pedal to stop it moving.
Once a couple of screw holes have been drilled, you can use the holes in the pedal to help drill the others
pedals & footrest.jpg
Did damage cosmetically one of the screw wholes as the drill bit was not secure
but can't really see it
Also could not fit all the washers, so just need to keep an eye on it.
Took me around 5 hours to do