Alfa 159 - Veloces Prices - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 27-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: -
Alfa 159 - Veloces Prices

Does anyone know what the deal is with Veloces pricing?

I've been keeping an eye out for a 159 2.4JTDm QTRONIC Sportwagon for quite some time. They've had a 2009 one for sale on their forecourt at 16990 for over a year which I thought was overpriced anyway but the price recently got dropped to 15990 which although still overpriced, it was at least closer to other sellers prices. Now it's back up to 16750 only a 240 price drop in a whole year...WTF? It seems to make no sense. Either that or they're not bothered about selling it for some bizarre reason This is the car...

Alfa Romeo 159 2.4 JTDM TI 5DR QTRONIC: 16750

There was a 2010 model with more optional extras for sale last week not far from me with less miles on the clock at 14999 but typically I was away so I didn't get chance to go and see it before it got sold

I won't be posting on this forum any more. If you want to know why and/or you want answers to some 145/146 related questions then please feel free to pop over to and post on the forum where you will find me with the same member name.

I have now disabled all my private messaging options on here but you can PM me over on the forum if you need to.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Toliman
You have to look at Veloces prices in the same way you would look at the prices from Walkers. Very high prices but have what you want. I have read that some of the cars from Veloces have not been as good as the money would suggest.

Ps:- Loving the Evo 2
AO Gold Member
I sold to Veloces and the price they gave me, for a good example, was the highest offered.

They buy in and hold the stock, add a warranty and this is the premium you pay for, they have the best range and generally the best cars - they were fussy about the condition of my car and rightly so, I didnt get the impression they deliberatley bought bad cars, far from it, they werent going to offer less for a rough car, they just didnt want it.

In effect they more or less control the market in the desirable versions.
AO Silver Member
County: Somerset

Member car:

147 1.6 Lusso

As they are a member on here, maybe they'll come on and tell you themselves?
AO Gold Member
They have them, you want them, if people pay the money, then thats what they are worth!
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 17
County: West Yorkshire
You could always make them an offer.

I bought my Brera from them, they'd not had it that long, probably not more than 3 months as it had been an FGA car and it was pretty much like a new car due to low mileage, I felt the price was very good, another couple of grand would have netted me the S version but then none of them had the glass roof or fully electric memory seats at the time.

It was pretty much the only car on the market in the spec I wanted, so I didn't have much choice but to buy it if I wanted it, they had just dropped the price by a grand though which softened the financial blow

Anyway, ring them and see if they'll 'deal'.

Nero Fuoco 147 Lusso - Bianco Nuvola 147 GTA - Carbonio Brera SV - Azzurro Le Mans GT 1600 Junior
(Post Link) post #7 of 10 Old 27-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: -
Thanks for the comments

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to de-value these cars and to their credit, Veloces always seem to have some decent stock but their prices do generally seem to be top dollar and you know as soon as you drive off the forecourt you have immediately lost a fair amount of money even if it's one of the better cars. Warranty costs aside, I bet they would offer you at least 2k less if you tried to sell it back to them a few weeks later with other dealers probably offering less than that, not to mention the even lower private resale value.

As we all know, most Alfas depreciate like the clappers anyway so a high initial price will make people think twice, even hardened Italian car fanatics like myself.

It's probably the reason it's still not sold even after having sat on their forecourt and being listed on PistonHeads / Autotrader for more than a year. It also makes me question why someone still hasn't bought it after so long. Unless there is something wrong with it,*it's probably just for the same reason of the high price. If they dropped the price by at least 1.5k someone would probably snap it up almost straight away.

It's a shame some of the trade prices are being kept so high because I'm now considering jumping ship after more than 20 years of Italian car ownership and am reluctantly starting to look at other mundane brands that have a history of still being able to retain a good chunk of the value paid a few years down the line. I guess it's down to what is most important but some things don't seem to be helping to keep what few loyal followers the Alfa brand seems to have in the UK.

There is probably no harm in giving them a ring anyway to see how much room for negotiation there is on the price but I have to be honest and say that I'm not holding my breath.
AO Member
County: East Sussex
Visited Veloces last year before I bought my Brera S. They seemed to have more stock of Breras than anyone else at the time and all sorts of lovely looking 159s/GTs, and 2or3of the Brera S that I was particularly interested in.

They were very helpful (sorry can't remember the two guys names - terrible with names!) and I had a couple of follow up phone calls but wasn't going to rush into it, so although they dropped the price a couple of times - for me it was about getting exactly the right car. Came very close to doing a deal tho (in fact the good choice they had probably stopped me from buying as I couldn't make up my mind between a black Brera S and a very nice blue SV with tan leather!).

They had only just sold the grey S that I was really most interested in - prices seemed a little high but generally reflected the cars,and got the impression that there was a little room for manoeuvre, but they didn't seem to be in a massive rush to sell.

Good luck with the search and as has been said, it might be worth giving them a call and seeing what they will do. Nothing to loose.

Brera S

The 'S' is for 'Speciale' and she is.........very!
AO Member
County: Wiltshire
Bought mine from there, was very wary of the guy I was dealing with (what I would call a stereotypical 2nd hand car salesman, just the right level of sliminess!) and probably paid 1k more than I should have BUT they did fix a few issues with the car (dent's, scratches etc) to a high standard with no hesitation and I got the car I really wanted. They do seem to have a huge amount of stock and all good quality cars, there's no rust buckets at Veloces. On the price fluctuations issue, my car was something like 11,500 for a while when I was looking online and then they reduced it to....10,750 I think, which prompted me to go and have a look. Booked a test drive and when I arrived they had put the 11,500 sign back in the window!! - I had to point out that it was cheaper on the website - the guy tried to argue it but I won in the end.
In order to get me to buy on the spot he pulled out all the classics such as 'someone else phoned me about this car yesterday' and 'it's only been on the forecourt a few weeks' - b****cks, all 4 discs have surface rust and i've been looking at it on autotrader for the last 3 months pal! lol
To summarise......Prices a bit 'toppy', classic sales tactics.......but a good service and from my own experience, quality cars.
AO Silver Member
County: Hertfordshire
I've seriously looked at 2 cars from Veloces over the last 8 years, I found them really nice, no pushiness or anything. It was only that I found similar cars to what they had, but cheaper that I bought privately. I think as long as they're giving a much better check over than a main dealer would do, then they're probably worth paying a premium for, cam belts, warranty etc.

I think we also have to remember that they probably want to make some money so they too can buy a reasonably nice car, buy food, pay bills, employ people etc.

I've been looking at that 2.4 too, but don't worry, I won't be buying it, probably could've if I hadn't brought the family to Barbados!! Seriously.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

159 , alfa , prices , veloces