Faulty Brera-- what do you think!!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 14-08-12 Thread Starter
County: Cheshire

Member car:

alfa brera

Faulty Brera-- what do you think!!!

I have owned my 2nd hand alfa brera for a short while now and the car has never ran correctly it has been back and forward to the dealers who in fairness are great and try very hard to resolve this issue.

The car has had new injector seals all round a new egr valve and now a new map sensor i think, but Alfa have not been able to resolve the problem and now state that they will put in writting to me and the dealers that the Alfa Brera 2.4 jtdm miss-fires on start up and when it has been sat around for long periods of time, they have yet to comment on the car cutting out and plooms of white smoke uzing from the car

"what a joke"

has anyone every come across this issue before and not been able to resolve and has alfa ever said anything along the lines of this to you?

any help or comments will be a great help.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: South Yorkshire
The starting issues are well documented - some people have found a fix by changing fuel, some have fixed it by changing EGR valve or having the DPF/EGR deletion. I don't think there is a definative answer to the problem. Mine seems to do it if the car has been left on a slope or slant from cold. I just live with it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , faulty