Brera qtronic - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 06-08-12 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Brittany
Brera qtronic

Ive noticed with my qtronic geqrbox the following:-

When driving manually in third gear, as I slow down for junctions etc. the revs sometimes rise as if its dropped to second gear but the display still says "3", then on gentle acceleration the revs reach around 1500 and then drop as if its changed up again. After this the gears and revs behave as you would expect them to. Does the box drop to second at these slow speeds, or could it be the lock-up clutch engaging and disengaging ? At what point and it which gears does the lock-up clutch come into play ?

One other thig I notice compared to the VW group DSG box ( Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDI )
is that you can't "force" early upchanges manually to improve economy as you can with the DSG, you get the beep instead. Also in manual mode you dont have to change down approaching junctions roundabouts etc., as the box always does it for you.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Dorset

Member car:

yeah the dsg box is not an auto box though in the same sense. The dsg is a manual box with the auto function where as the qtronic is designed and engineered as an auto, with the option of manual shifts if that makes sense.

the dsg wouldnt have a torque converter for example

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

brera , qtronic