What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 88 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Member

County: Surrey
Garage

Member car:

Alfa Mito

Cracking days weather so the car and the mountain bike were out in the Surrey hills today
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 02F17A30-49BC-4F20-967C-5BBC007A633B_zpsqsysv3jh.jpg (128.6 KB, 26 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage
Oooo lovely pic, TI with a mountain bike on the back= quality. where did you ride in the Hills?
AO Member

County: Surrey
Garage

Member car:

Alfa Mito

Quote:
Oooo lovely pic, TI with a mountain bike on the back= quality. where did you ride in the Hills?
Cheers alcooker... Pic was at the vineyards in Docking.. did my usual route of Ranmore Common over to Peaslake then over to Leigh Hill and back to the vineyards
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire
Had a great run up-to Lincolnshire this afternoon, touchwood, but the Spider has been running sweet as anything for the last 12 months. Hasn't missed a beat and really feels smooth right up-to the line. Very happy with it at the moment. Got the big 72k Service (Ancillary Belts ect) coming up next month so hopefully after that, it should be good till its next oil service. Its only on 56k miles but want to get the belts changed due to age.
AO Silver Member

County: Cardiff

Member car:

Brera 2.4

A busy day yesterday, fitted this lot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 29032014583.jpg (121.1 KB, 35 views)

County: Essex
New badges have on the place
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140415_111840.jpg (41.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg 20140415_105519.jpg (106.7 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg 20140415_105528.jpg (106.1 KB, 35 views)
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanoo.gg View Post
My god the Brera looking amazing in white. I'm loving the Cloverleafs, might think about them for the Spider....
AO Member

County: Victoria
Well not actually today but on Sunday my brother and I joined in an Alfa drive day (Vic AROC) from Melbourne to Ballarat with some 20 other Alfisti. It was a good day and covered over 300+ kms, only disappointment was that some of the roads were, well more suited to our Jeep cousins than for Alfas, in particular Ti variants and 75's with a few bottoming outs at times . Still, my 159 and by bro's Giulietta ran faultlessly. I got down to 7.6L/100 but ended up about 8.8L/100 overall. Happy with that
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P4130503.jpg (167.6 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg P4130506.jpg (159.7 KB, 18 views)
AO Silver Member

County: Greater Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin51h View Post
Well not actually today but on Sunday my brother and I joined in an Alfa drive day (Vic AROC) from Melbourne to Ballarat with some 20 other Alfisti. It was a good day and covered over 300+ kms, only disappointment was that some of the roads were, well more suited to our Jeep cousins than for Alfas, in particular Ti variants and 75's with a few bottoming outs at times . Still, my 159 and by bro's Giulietta ran faultlessly. I got down to 7.6L/100 but ended up about 8.8L/100 overall. Happy with that
I've been through Ballarat, but 20 years ago. We went out of Melbourne in 2 cars and into South Australia on the coast road and came back through Ballarat. I remember visiting the open air gold mining museum in Ballarat, Sovereign Hill. We spent about 5 days driving with long leisurely stops.

We weren't luck enough to do it in Alfas though.

Last edited by stuart1714; 16-04-14 at 18:44.
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu007 View Post
Cheers alcooker... Pic was at the vineyards in Docking.. did my usual route of Ranmore Common over to Peaslake then over to Leigh Hill and back to the vineyards
I have interesting memories of Ranmore Common, cycling up there, particularly rough path, the welding between the seat stays and the seat tube gave way, the seat stays shot up and forwards, and were very close to making me a eunoch!
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage
I thought I would see how the PIAA wipers people have been fitting performed so I bought a set and installed them today.

Aside from being 3 times the cost of a set of Bosch ones, my first impressions are the mounts where they mate with the wiper arms are very chunky compared to the low profile Bosch ones that came off. I know they are "universal" so have to be a bit bigger, but they are substantially bigger and raise the arms off the window allot more than the bosch ones so they look quite pronounced.

If it annoys me too much they are coming off!

They better be good at there job

2008 159 TI 2.4 JTDM QTRONIC
My Car Details______http://www.jabawoki.com/2014/07/07/alfa-159-ti/
Project Halo Wiki____https://projects.jabawoki.com/index.php/Project_Halo_UK
Project Halo Page____https://www.facebook.com/ProjectHaloUK
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1398
new turbo arrived today... got to find the time to fit and send back my original unit which had a sub standard refurb

Comparing the new and old units you can see that the sub standard repair and subsequent leaking of exhaust gas has been caused by the casing's not mating together flush as the washers / nuts do not sit level on the casing. How this repair ever passed the refurb company's QA process remains to be answered Hopefully I can get my money back for the original repair and have a spare turbo in the garage for hybrid purposes when funds allow
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Just fitted some new front speakers (some JBL GT6-6C's I got for 40). Nice improvement! Even though the speakers have not bedded in yet, a noticeable improvement in bass.

If you go down this route (the nice improvement, but on a budget), I can recommend getting the custom speaker spacers (essential!), the speaker plug adaptors (save splicing the car's wires), and some sort of dynamat to reduce vibrations.

Probably took an hour all in all, pretty simple too, could have done it quicker, but took off one of the door cards a second time to get rid of an annoying rattle.

Being components, I've got some tweeters that are next to go on.

159 1.9JTDM Ti and Giulietta 2.0 Veloce
ex: Punto 55s, Golf Mk5 1.4FSi, A3 (8P) Sportback 2.0TDi SE, A4 (B8) 2.0TDI S-Line, 306 HDI Meridian
AO Member

County: Staffordshire
New wheels arrived today!

18" WSP one's. I wanted the 19" ones, but I can't justify the cost along with new tyres as well.

Can anyone who has the same confirm that they clear the Brembos?
The car's in for the clutch/flywheel replacement so I can't try yet. I can send them back if they don't fit as long as I don't put tyres on them.

I've also got a spare set of centre caps if anyone's interested, not original, but look ok.
I'll put them in the classifieds if I can figure it out.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20140416_001.jpg (81.4 KB, 7 views)
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire
Garage
I have them. No problems with clearance at all!

DSCF0447.jpg
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabawokJayUK View Post
I thought I would see how the PIAA wipers people have been fitting performed so I bought a set and installed them today.

Aside from being 3 times the cost of a set of Bosch ones, my first impressions are the mounts where they mate with the wiper arms are very chunky compared to the low profile Bosch ones that came off. I know they are "universal" so have to be a bit bigger, but they are substantially bigger and raise the arms off the window allot more than the bosch ones so they look quite pronounced.

If it annoys me too much they are coming off!

They better be good at there job
I bought some Heyner wipers which were nearly as expensive as the Bosch ones. Unfortunately at motorway speed they leave a few gaps.

I've since bought the PIAA wipers as well, but haven't fitted them yet. I'm having the windows treated with Duxback on the 26th so I'll put them on after the treatment.

The Duxback website has a voucher code for a particular supplier which may be worth checking out if anybody else wants the PIAA wipers. I couldn't fault the delivery.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcot View Post
I have them. No problems with clearance at all!

Attachment 314449
Brilliant, thanks for that mate
I can take them all out the boxes now and get sealing!

Have you lowered yours? mine has a massive gap above the wheel at the back.

I was considering just changing the springs to the Eibachs but now i'm thinking of waiting a bit longer and doing the dampers as the same time.
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ21282 View Post
Brilliant, thanks for that mate
I can take them all out the boxes now and get sealing!

Have you lowered yours? mine has a massive gap above the wheel at the back.

I was considering just changing the springs to the Eibachs but now i'm thinking of waiting a bit longer and doing the dampers as the same time.
Yes, it's on Eibachs, with standard dampers though. Are pretty good with the OE damper to be honest. And it doesn't seem to have shortened the life of them.
Unregistered

Member car:

Brera 3.2 Q4

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ21282 View Post
New wheels arrived today!

18" WSP one's. I wanted the 19" ones, but I can't justify the cost along with new tyres as well.

Can anyone who has the same confirm that they clear the Brembos?
The car's in for the clutch/flywheel replacement so I can't try yet. I can send them back if they don't fit as long as I don't put tyres on them.

I've also got a spare set of centre caps if anyone's interested, not original, but look ok.
I'll put them in the classifieds if I can figure it out.
send them back and wait for 19" the 18" don't have the same appeal on the eye
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfabreraNew View Post
send them back and wait for 19" the 18" don't have the same appeal on the eye
I've got some wobbly wheels on at the moment which are driving me crazy, and i've just spent 850 to have the clutch and flywheel replaced, so these are the best option at the moment.

Veloces seem to have put their prices up for the 19's (2400 ) and a grand for tyres on top nearly takes the total up to half the price i paid for the car!

I do love the 19's though, I'll probably still keep an eye out for any that pop up on ebay! (if they ever do)

Last edited by russ21282; 17-04-14 at 16:57.
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanoo.gg View Post
Look good Often thought about them (silver) for my Brera. Easy to fit / align?
AO Member

County: Rutland

Member car:

Alfa159 2.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
Si
What about trying stickers first for a couple of quid, to see if you are happy before spending the cash on the others... I put some of the ones you can get from the AROC shop on my 159 and even after 4 months I have days when I'm not sure, but I did get asked today if it was a Cloverleaf...

Rich

County: Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
It's very easy the kit include template
AO Member

County: Lincolnshire

Member car:

GT 1.9jtd

just finished full polish with AG polish
AO Member

County: Merseyside
Garage
On thursday picked her up from autolusso where they had powerflexed the front suspension and fitted a new clutch. Car now much tighter at the front end with far less rise and fall on acceleration/braking and best of all its silent! Ned and his crew did a great job and at a reasonable price. leant me a car for a couple of days too. Trip back to Liverpool completed in just over 2.5 hrs at 42 mpg. washed and polished her today to celebrate improvements.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today