What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 72 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Member

County: Surrey
Garage

Member car:

Alfa Mito

Quote:
Ouch I feel your pain. I hit a badger and they cause a huge amount of damage.
Bet the Fox isn't feeling to good either.

Are you looking at plastic welding or a new bumper ?
Been unfortunate to hit a badger too in the past in one of my dads cars and made a pretty mess....

Ya thinking new bumper as all inside pretty beaten up too!! I was expecting a few marks but when I walked around just couldn't believe it!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

Brera 2.2 SV "S"

Washed her and finished her off with Aqua wax which is my new favourite discovery thanks to Squadrone Rosso's sticky on the detailing thread. My hands are as cool as she looks!
AO Member

Member car:

Brera 2.2 SV "S"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu007 View Post
Still can't believe a fox managed to do this! ;-/
White car...turned a fox to mush....how is your car still white?!
Unregistered

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Brera 3.2 Q4

Bumpers can be bought for peanuts a fox's life can't... i hope you did a u-turn and finished it off ..
With a jack

Last edited by AlfabreraNew; 13-01-14 at 11:27.
Unregistered

Member car:

Brera 3.2 Q4

Just ordered Koni str.t shocks x4 not chose to lower the car also ordered Suplex springs (german made) heard they are both well made also going to buy a sprint booster to help with acceleration next month.
Already changed upper & lower track control arms for Meyle (german made) they are well made too..
When i fit the new suspenion i will let you'll know how it makes the car feel hopefully tight and firm as it should.
I think the Brera is to heavy and soft as standard..Koni shocks only £50 each europerformace.co.uk... They are more expensive on ebay..
Unregistered

Member car:

Brera 3.2 Q4

Anyone heard of the Sprint Booster or has anyone ever fitted one?

Last edited by AlfabreraNew; 13-01-14 at 11:34.
AO Member

County: Devon
Been to Autolusso to have the Power Flex upgrade and a discovered needed software update.

On the Power Flex....................Others have said what I'd totally agree with so I won't repeat it as I am in complete agreement.

It really is a startling improvement over standard noticeable pretty quickly I found.

Hats off from me to all those at Autolusso that developed it with Power Flex, and thanks for the quick turn around today.
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Put £98.47 worth of V Power in so just over 70 litres

285 miles
AO Member

County: Nottinghamshire
Did a bit of windsceeen polishing with cerium oxide and a drill! Previous owner must have run wipers on dry/dirty screen as there was an arc of fine scratches, nasty in the low winter sun.
Pretty pleased with result but will give it another go to fully restore the screen. The 100ml bottle would do 4 full screens at least I reckon, and I used two 3" felt pads for the whole screen.
Got the polish from the people who have put this instructional video up.

Windscreen Repair, Polishing kit - Wiper Blade damage and light scratches remover - YouTube
Unregistered

Member car:

Brera 3.2 Q4

Power flex bush's are NOT a solution they have no give like a bush should do, they need to move freely as the car moves over bumps ect,
as a result in time no matter how much copper grease you use they will wear away then sqeak like mad.
Power flex claim they out last 10 to 1 times longer than standard bush's a very bold claim indeed.
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

County: Bedfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfabreraNew View Post
Power flex bush's are NOT a solution they have no give like a bush should do, they need to move freely as the car moves over bumps ect,
as a result in time no matter how much copper grease you use they will wear away then sqeak like mad.
Power flex claim they out last 10 to 1 times longer than standard bush's a very bold claim indeed.
Yes it is the solution, we worked on this for over 2 years to get it right, don't suppose you have driven a 159 or Brera with this done, no thought not

Ned
AO Silver Member

County: Buckinghamshire
re --- poly bush NO movement

Quote:
You've obviously not looked into the manufacture of these and other poly bushes . All can be made to a '' shaw '' value which can be either the same as rubber or graded in stages past the rubber '' shaw '' value . I may not have the spelling correct but am certain of the facts.
The key point of a poly bush is that the inner s.steel tube is not attached to the poly bush , as a rubber bush is attached to it's rubber outer. So the rubber bush is constantly being twisted then released and we all know how rubber deteriorates over time , especialy if required to move.
With the poly bush the '' shaw '' value or compression ability will vary depending on design BUT once the s.steel tube is clamped by the bolt , it's then only moved around by the bush which is held tight into it's suspension arm/wishbone. When fitted the inner bush and s.steel tube is lubed so no squeeking due to movement . It can only squeek if the bush ends are the same length as the s.steel tube --- ie. they shouldn't be clamped by the bolt but be clear by 0.5mm each end.
I've used various '' shaw '' grades of poly bushes for many years without any squeeking issues BUT have also sorted many other guys squeeky poly bush problems , all of which were due to either not shaving off each end of the poly bush to leave them 0.5mm clear of the s.steel tube or not lubing when fitting from new.
Unregistered

Member car:

Brera 3.2 Q4

Yaaaaaaaawn...
You sound like James May....& Ned when you say you developed them with power flex i take it you mean you just kept fitting them for two years untill you stopped getting come backs?

So you rang power flex up then said " iv'e solved it all you just need is loads & loads of copper grease that stops them from Squeaking".....

If only prodrive knew this they could of developed something like a Brera s in half a day...

just google power flex squeak you will find Neds squeaky work on older alfa owners furoms

Last edited by AlfabreraNew; 15-01-14 at 10:08.
AO Silver Member

County: Buckinghamshire
James May

H'mmm , well at least ' James May ' knows what he's talking about as opposed to Clarkson who spouts ' max power ' type little boys talk . I know he probably has more intelligence than he spouts for the benefit of the viewers but that makes me '' yaaaaaaaaaaawn too .
AO Member

County: Armagh

Member car:

2.4 159 ti

Quote:
Yaaaaaaaawn...
You sound like James May....& Ned when you say you developed them with power flex i take it you mean you just kept fitting them for two years untill you stopped getting come backs?

So you rang power flex up then said " iv'e solved it all you just need is loads & loads of copper grease that stops them from Squeaking".....

If only prodrive knew this they could of developed something like a Brera s in half a day...

just google power flex squeak you will find Neds squeaky work on older alfa owners furoms
Had a quick search on google and found the threads you're talking about, skimmed over a few and all the problems where resolved very amicably.

New design on the top bushes (which is where the squeak was coming from) and this seems to have solved the problem for now.

I'll still be getting them fitted.
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Cambridgeshire
Garage
Quote:
\so you rang power flex up then said " iv'e solved it all you just need is loads & loads of copper grease that stops them from Squeaking".....
You might want to do your research before throwing accusations like that around fella....

As some one that has worked with Ned and his team (people forget AL is bigger than one man) to test each of the design changes through the 4 different bush versions, as well as being involved in direct communication with Powerflex and Ned on design feedback and seeing the design drawings as they have gone through, I can confirm that it was Autolusso that proposed these bushes as a fix to a problem with the OE design. I have had 3 of those versions on my car (Gen 1, Gen 2 & Gen 4) to help in the development for the broader community, (and only paid once btw). The results are astounding, and no, they don't squeak.

Given this thread is "what have you done to your.... today", perhaps you should continue this discussion in one the the appropriate corresponding threads, where design drawings, development work, and the voice of many happy customers can feed in to the discussion.

2008 159 TI 2.4 JTDM QTRONIC
My Car Details______http://www.jabawoki.com/2014/07/07/alfa-159-ti/
Project Halo Wiki____https://projects.jabawoki.com/index.php/Project_Halo_UK
Project Halo Page____https://www.facebook.com/ProjectHaloUK
Unregistered

Member car:

Brera 3.2 Q4

A man that speaks of performance but yet drives a " DIESEL"

is the type of man that stands at Alfa meets in his beige elasticated trousers boring everyone about performance figures then drives home watching his fuel gauge all the way home.....
sorry.

I can't take you seriously
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Cambridgeshire
Garage
Quote:

is the type of man that stands at Alfa meets in his beige elasticated trousers boring everyone about performance figures then drives home watching his fuel gauge all the way home.....
sorry.

hahah, i'll take your GM 3.2 in a head to head any day of the week mate, and mine is one of the slower "performance cars" on this forum. As for MPG? I get about the same as you, but my foot is buried in the carpet and a smile is across my face.

PS, I don't do alfa meets as I tend to find they are populated by self righteous idiots waxing lyrical about the perfection of the marque and the fact that petrol is the only type of fuel for Italian cars...

Oh wait, when are you meeting next?
Unregistered

Member car:

Brera 3.2 Q4

Hahaha,
Stop flirting..
your making me blush now..
AO Member

Member car:

Brera 2.2 SV "S"

Quote:

sorry.

Either you're a troll or you actively want to discourage people from helping you on here: that sort of attitude won't get you anywhere.
AO Member

County: Shropshire

Member car:

ALFA 159 JTDM Ti

i have just fitted a cr-tech/ bluespark chip to my 159 ti and must say i'm really happy so far, install was a doddle and power was instant. engine seems smoother and mpg seems as good if not better.
just waiting for project halo to get the green light so i can purchase a set.
AO Member

County: Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by JabawokJayUK View Post
hahah, i'll take your GM 3.2 in a head to head any day of the week mate, and mine is one of the slower "performance cars" on this forum. As for MPG? I get about the same as you, but my foot is buried in the carpet and a smile is across my face.

PS, I don't do alfa meets as I tend to find they are populated by self righteous idiots waxing lyrical about the perfection of the marque and the fact that petrol is the only type of fuel for Italian cars...

Oh wait, when are you meeting next?
Well said Jay. I don't suppose your after making any friends on this forum MR alfabreranew?!
Good job .........
Of course fitting a sprint booster will always make you petrol 3.2 be quicker than a diesel ! I think not .
For the record Ned and his team are second to none, so attacking them in here friends does not make.
Paul
AO Member

County: Vila Real
Garage
So what's this Alfabreranew guy about? I guess he doesn“t even have an alfa or ever drived one. Performance only for Petrol??? What does he mean whit performance?
AO Silver Member

County: Toliman
I can see someone digging very deep in to those pockets to get things fixed
(Post Link) post #1800 of 5113 Old 15-01-14 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: North Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby159Beast View Post
So what's this Alfabreranew guy about? I guess he doesn“t even have an alfa or ever drived one. Performance only for Petrol??? What does he mean whit performance?
You probably won't get a reply until tomorrow. Chances are his Mum has packed him off to bed with his milk and biscuits.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today