What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 48 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Status: Give me an Alfa everyday!
AO Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Portugal
County: Vila Real
Posts: 257
Images: 4
Garage
Bloody hell, I droped the car on a parking lot at 4 pm to go for a pint whit a few buddies, when 1 hour later i was coming back to the car i spotted a low life sitted on the car's nose, I aproached and told the guy to go away, far away from my car, fortunately, no damage was made to the paint work. But then the stupid junkie pulls a 4 inch blade at me!!! Years and years of army CQB melee defensive training kicked in and i ended up K.O his stupid ass on the pavement. What was his point? Someone called the police thinking i was the assaulter, and the guy was hauled to the hospital and i got booked for Assault under Influence. And Public Order Alteration was mentioned to! Pretty sure he was high on something and i only used my right to defend my property and myself. Just got back from Police precint after paying a fine and recover my belongings! Stupid law that protects ofenders!

I still have to go to court tomorrow!!!

So, to correspond to the topic: I defended my car today, and myself, and got fined by doing so!

Sorry for the long ranting.
Ruby159Beast is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby159Beast View Post
Bloody hell, I droped the car on a parking lot at 4 pm to go for a pint whit a few buddies, when 1 hour later i was coming back to the car i spotted a low life sitted on the car's nose, I aproached and told the guy to go away, far away from my car, fortunately, no damage was made to the paint work. But then the stupid junkie pulls a 4 inch blade at me!!! Years and years of army CQB melee defensive training kicked in and i ended up K.O his stupid ass on the pavement. What was his point? Someone called the police thinking i was the assaulter, and the guy was hauled to the hospital and i got booked for Assault under Influence. And Public Order Alteration was mentioned to! Pretty sure he was high on something and i only used my right to defend my property and myself. Just got back from Police precint after paying a fine and recover my belongings! Stupid law that protects ofenders!

I still have to go to court tomorrow!!!

So, to correspond to the topic: I defended my car today, and myself, and got fined by doing so!

Sorry for the long ranting.
Bloody hell mate, glad you sorted him out! Were you Portuguese Mil?
thedonnmeister is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
oz3litre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Australia
County: South Australia
Posts: 112
I hope the law sees sense and lets you off. Surely the fact that the low life had a knife on him would go against him. Here in South Australia he would be booked for it. Nobody is allowed to carry a knife here.
oz3litre is offline  
Status: Give me an Alfa everyday!
AO Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Portugal
County: Vila Real
Posts: 257
Images: 4
Garage
Well, no fine to be paid and 90 hours comunity service to be given in a social services centre. 3 years probation penalty and mandatory D-tox routine for the guy. If I ever see him again...

thedonnmeister, yes i was, Airborne 1-2 Lobos Voadores (flying wolves!!) for 3 years, and 6 more years between NATO services and as part of a security detail to our c-130 hercules flying to Afghanistan. Seen a lot, wouldnt be a junkie to hear my last words!!! thanks all!
Ruby159Beast is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby159Beast View Post
Well, no fine to be paid and 90 hours comunity service to be given in a social services centre. 3 years probation penalty and mandatory D-tox routine for the guy. If I ever see him again...

thedonnmeister, yes i was, Airborne 1-2 Lobos Voadores (flying wolves!!) for 3 years, and 6 more years between NATO services and as part of a security detail to our c-130 hercules flying to Afghanistan. Seen a lot, wouldnt be a junkie to hear my last words!!! thanks all!
Brilliant, worked with a couple of you guys before!
thedonnmeister is offline  
Status: Give me an Alfa everyday!
AO Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Portugal
County: Vila Real
Posts: 257
Images: 4
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonnmeister View Post
Brilliant, worked with a couple of you guys before!
Whit the Mils in general or whit the Airborne regiment? Did you like it? What where they called? (highest unnoficial rank possible between us jumping joes, was Pirate).

Oh, the guy couldnt even remember is full name!!! Judge almost went medieval on him by that point!!!
Ruby159Beast is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby159Beast View Post
Whit the Mils in general or whit the Airborne regiment? Did you like it? What where they called? (highest unnoficial rank possible between us jumping joes, was Pirate).

Oh, the guy couldnt even remember is full name!!! Judge almost went medieval on him by that point!!!
One last post before we over take the thread! haha. I've worked with Portugese Mil before, not sure what unit, hard to tell from 15,000ft!
thedonnmeister is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dorset
Posts: 116

Member car:

159 3.2 Q4 Lusso

Today - I bought my 159. Does that count?
1878 is offline  
Status: Open to Offers...
AO Member
 
bry460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lancashire
Posts: 498
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878 View Post
Today - I bought my 159. Does that count?
It certainly does and welcome to Alfa the home of GREAT motoring...
bry460 is offline  
Status: Open to Offers...
AO Member
 
bry460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lancashire
Posts: 498
Garage
Put my Spider in for the (enjoyable) MOT and she passed again so happy I got a Spider...
bry460 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Dorset
Posts: 116

Member car:

159 3.2 Q4 Lusso

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry460 View Post
It certainly does and welcome to Alfa the home of GREAT motoring...
Thanks - though it's not my first, I've just had a very happy 4.5 years with a GT 1.9JTDM but fancied a change. What could possibly go wrong?
1878 is offline  
Status: Open to Offers...
AO Member
 
bry460's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lancashire
Posts: 498
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878 View Post
Thanks - though it's not my first, I've just had a very happy 4.5 years with a GT 1.9JTDM but fancied a change. What could possibly go wrong?
NOTHING
bry460 is offline  
Status: Give me an Alfa everyday!
AO Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Portugal
County: Vila Real
Posts: 257
Images: 4
Garage
REceived the brembo 305.5mm standard discs to go whit the standard Ferodo Mogul pads i'd received last week, supposedly to arrive at the same time!!! Darn strikers... Hey, maybe tomorrow i'll get to change them, front ones are easy enough i think, what about rear pad changing? heard someone saying a special tool is needed, cant see what for! Ideas?
Ruby159Beast is offline  
Status: -
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
159_kid's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 1398
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,848
2 front tyres fitted. Will have front toe set to 0 as the old tyres suffered from heavy inner edge wear
159_kid is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
jan_147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Slovenia
County: -
Posts: 49
Images: 6
I've changed the entire sound system in Brera, because it was crap. I have also added the infinity BassLink sub. I love the sound in my Brera now

Have also added Dension Gateway lite + ipod.

The back looks like this now..

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...93763940_o.jpg
jan_147 is offline  
Status: Bella!
AO Member
 
Robo159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Worcestershire
Posts: 38
...I think its more 'what have I done to my 159 this week'.
Started off last Saturday with doing the full 40,000 mile
Service. I now plan to carry out a lubrication service every 10,000
Miles.
Then off to the body shop as it needed some TLC due to excessive
Stone chips to bonnet and rear arches. I did try Alfa GB , but it seams
They don't really want to know about stone chip issues. I had the car
Back Friday, so gave it a full valet and machine polish as well as fitting
Front mud flaps to keep the chips off the rear arches.
I am having Armafend on the bumper and leading edge of the bonnet in a
Few weeks once the paint has cured.
Robo159 is offline  
Status: 159 Cruiser and Guilietta pocket rocket
AO Silver Member
 
giblets46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Warwickshire
Posts: 4,239
Garage
Drove out to the countryside, the ECU is getting used to the newly fitted drilled DPF. Starting to drop the boost demand earlier now (stayed high for ages just after fitting). MPG much better and power up a tad, beautiful. No map in sight either.


[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
giblets46 is offline  
Status: 16Italiancylinders(V 6,N4,L2,V2,V2)+1Span ish
AO Silver Member
 
swq4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Posts: 1,528
Images: 28
Garage
Nothing but try out the RED Alfa SW Showroom cover (big Alfa badge on the bonnet) I picked up for 1 tenth of the cost new.
swq4 is offline  
Status: Give me an Alfa everyday!
AO Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Portugal
County: Vila Real
Posts: 257
Images: 4
Garage
Check engine warning and light came on today early by the morning drive, no safe mode engaged, no limited revs or accel. No regen starting up to as i drove for 20 mi after that paying atention and it wont occur. Maybe on the way back home later on the evening something goes poping!!!
Ruby159Beast is offline  
Status: working. always working!
AO Member
 
BreraBen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cheshire
Posts: 44

Member car:

Brera 3.2 V6 Q4

Had all the stone chips professionally removed and a full polish = shiny
BreraBen is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreraBen View Post
Had all the stone chips professionally removed and a full polish = shiny
Expensive?
thedonnmeister is offline  
Status: Bespoke turbo FMIC fitted
AO Member
 
Pdw16396's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Essex
Posts: 270
Washed it , then replaced the pollen filter, found it full of dead flies, caved in and filthy ! I was breathing that air !
Pdw16396 is offline  
Status: Trying to keep a white car white!
AO Member
 
Nanglebadger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Antrim
Posts: 153

Member car:

159 2.0 SW Ti

i discovered that the bee sting aerial that I fitted about a year ago has rusted itself into the base of the aerial mount. no amount of WD40 or 3in1 appears to make it want to loosen, meaning the whole screw in piece is just spinning inside the OEM mount, meaning i cant get the damn thing off to refit the factory aerial.

and of course, I cant get a pair of pliers or vice grips onto the internal threaded piece to stop it spinning, so i have no idea how i'm going to get it off. that'll teach me to fit cheap ebay stubby aerials.

Phil.
Nanglebadger is offline  
Status: Contra principia negantem non est disputandum
AO Silver Member
 
coxy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toliman
County: Toliman
Posts: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanglebadger View Post
i discovered that the bee sting aerial that I fitted about a year ago has rusted itself into the base of the aerial mount. no amount of WD40 or 3in1 appears to make it want to loosen, meaning the whole screw in piece is just spinning inside the OEM mount, meaning i cant get the damn thing off to refit the factory aerial.

and of course, I cant get a pair of pliers or vice grips onto the internal threaded piece to stop it spinning, so i have no idea how i'm going to get it off. that'll teach me to fit cheap ebay stubby aerials.

Phil.
Can you get one of these up the middle and the unscrew it ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DORMER-M10...item3a82ae5f2c
coxy1 is offline  
Status: Contra principia negantem non est disputandum
AO Silver Member
 
coxy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toliman
County: Toliman
Posts: 2,045
Had to wash it again to get the fu~king cat foot prints off it.

Wonder how long it can hold its breath for ?

IMG_1085.jpg
coxy1 is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome