What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 33 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bedfordshire
Posts: 25

Member car:

159 Tbi Ti

Had HID fitted to my 159 TI so brilliant well worth the £250! Next stop a new key eep!
alfasailor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: 159 Cruiser and Guilietta pocket rocket
AO Silver Member
 
giblets46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Warwickshire
Posts: 4,239
Garage
I hope that was for the fully fitted xenon set and not just to fit the £27 jobs everyone fits themselves
giblets46 is offline  
Status: Upset about lack of tapatalk support.
AO Silver Member
 
MarcG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 1,561
Images: 6

Member car:

Brera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by giblets46 View Post
I hope that was for the fully fitted xenon set and not just to fit the £27 jobs everyone fits themselves
I was hoping the same!
MarcG is offline  
Status: Contra principia negantem non est disputandum
AO Silver Member
 
coxy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toliman
County: Toliman
Posts: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfasailor View Post
Had HID fitted to my 159 TI so brilliant well worth the £250! Next stop a new key eep!
"Holy excrement" £250 labour for a 30 min job to fit after market HID's. Were they wearing a mask, pointy hat, have a gun and shouting stand and deliver ?
coxy1 is offline  
Status: 6 cylinders. Big smile.
AO Silver Member
 
wynne71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 5,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy1 View Post
"Holy excrement" £250 labour for a 30 min job to fit after market HID's. Were they wearing a mask, pointy hat, have a gun and shouting stand and deliver ?


Best laugh I have had all week.
wynne71 is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bedfordshire
Posts: 25

Member car:

159 Tbi Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfasailor View Post
Had HID fitted to my 159 TI so brilliant well worth the £250! Next stop a new key eep!
All I can say to everyone that thinks I paid £250 for the labour, please explain where you are getting that from? I have the invoice in my hand, £70 for labour, £42 for VAT, £137 for the part.

Can supply a calculator if required....
alfasailor is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bedfordshire
Posts: 25

Member car:

159 Tbi Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy1 View Post
"Holy excrement" £250 labour for a 30 min job to fit after market HID's. Were they wearing a mask, pointy hat, have a gun and shouting stand and deliver ?
where did I say it was £250 for labour?????
alfasailor is offline  
Status: Breraless :(
AO Platinum Member
 
Squadrone Rosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Neath Port Talbot
Posts: 29,912
Images: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfasailor View Post
All I can say to everyone that thinks I paid £250 for the labour, please explain where you are getting that from? I have the invoice in my hand, £70 for labour, £42 for VAT, £137 for the part.

Can supply a calculator if required....
Good response
Squadrone Rosso is offline  
Status: Cold
AO Member
 
Dan W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Greater London
Posts: 239

Member car:

Brera S 2.2

Still quite a bit though.
Dan W is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bedfordshire
Posts: 25

Member car:

159 Tbi Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
Good response
thanks wonder what they will say now....
alfasailor is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bedfordshire
Posts: 25

Member car:

159 Tbi Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan W View Post
Still quite a bit though.
considering that for them to be done on my other car a Vauxhall Astra VX Line it will cost £700 to do, think £250 is quite reasonable
alfasailor is offline  
Status: Upset about lack of tapatalk support.
AO Silver Member
 
MarcG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 1,561
Images: 6

Member car:

Brera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfasailor View Post
considering that for them to be done on my other car a Vauxhall Astra VX Line it will cost £700 to do, think £250 is quite reasonable
I just think every is a little shocked as you can buy an HID kit on eBay for £27 and it takes 30 minutes for a non mechanic to fit.
MarcG is offline  
Status: Contra principia negantem non est disputandum
AO Silver Member
 
coxy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toliman
County: Toliman
Posts: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfasailor View Post
thanks wonder what they will say now....
£37 for a 55w HID kit from ebay, 35mins tops to fit them including a cuppa and a cig.

£70 for 30 mins = £140 per hour plus vat. So OK not £250 a hour, my mistake assumed you would have bought them from ebay using the information posted on here.

Then to add insult to injury they charged you vat on the £137 HID kit.

£137+£70 = £207 = vat @ 20%. Total = £248:40.

Still OMG !

But you seem happy which is the main thing.

My calculators fine thanks, but cheers for the offer.
coxy1 is offline  
Status: Powerflex Mk4 - Non Squeak Edition
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
JabawokJayUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 3,382
Images: 31
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfasailor View Post
considering that for them to be done on my other car a Vauxhall Astra VX Line it will cost £700 to do, think £250 is quite reasonable
I'll do it for 350
JabawokJayUK is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bedfordshire
Posts: 25

Member car:

159 Tbi Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy1 View Post
£37 for a 55w HID kit from ebay, 35mins tops to fit them including a cuppa and a cig.

£70 for 30 mins = £140 per hour plus vat. So OK not £250 a hour, my mistake assumed you would have bought them from ebay using the information posted on here.

Then to add insult to injury they charged you vat on the £137 HID kit.

£137+£70 = £207 = vat @ 20%. Total = £248:40.

Still OMG !

But you seem happy which is the main thing.

My calculators fine thanks, but cheers for the offer.
Why would you assumed that I had got them from eBay? Anyhow that doesn't matter why you assumed that.

I can see from you picture you know how to take a car apart, I however don't and therefore paid to have someone to do for me. That way if something was to go wrong I can just take it back to them.

To be honest if I am going to get responses like that in the future to a simple post, I don't think I will bother.

I was really happy that I had them done. But now amazed and shocked by people on here getting on their high horses about what I paid. Its my money I choice to have them installed by a garage.

I thought this was meant to be a fun thread about what you had done?
alfasailor is offline  
Status: Upset about lack of tapatalk support.
AO Silver Member
 
MarcG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: Nottinghamshire
Posts: 1,561
Images: 6

Member car:

Brera S

I don't think anything was meant as an attack on you. It's just that HIDs have been discussed a lot recently and the feeling was you had been robbed.

Fully understand wanting someone else to do it and letting them source the parts. I have no clue/desire to do anything either and would happily pay my garage to do it. But even if you consider high labour dealer cost and that they'll charge you an hour even if it took ten minutes and you assume they'll take a big increase on parts costs and then stick VAT on it, it still should have cost £100 less.

And just adds to Veloces great reputation on here...

"Think of it as Angelina Jolie. You’ve heard she’s mad and eats nothing but wallpaper paste. But you would, wouldn’t you?” Jeremy Clarkson on the Brera
MarcG is offline  
Status: Contra principia negantem non est disputandum
AO Silver Member
 
coxy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toliman
County: Toliman
Posts: 2,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfasailor View Post
Why would you assumed that I had got them from eBay? Anyhow that doesn't matter why you assumed that.

I can see from you picture you know how to take a car apart, I however don't and therefore paid to have someone to do for me. That way if something was to go wrong I can just take it back to them.

To be honest if I am going to get responses like that in the future to a simple post, I don't think I will bother.

I was really happy that I had them done. But now amazed and shocked by people on here getting on their high horses about what I paid. Its my money I choice to have them installed by a garage.

I thought this was meant to be a fun thread about what you had done?
Was not an attack on you. As you quite rightly say its your money, you earn it and you can spend it where ever and on what ever you want.

As stated above there are huge threads on the forum on after market HID's which is why I assumed.

Its more a reflection on Veloces ever growing reputation
coxy1 is offline  
Status: off down the shed.
AO Gold Member
 
alfacool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: County Durham
County: Durham
Posts: 6,102
Ive stared at mine through the window.
Its too blumin cold to wash it.
alfacool is offline  
Status: 6 cylinders. Big smile.
AO Silver Member
 
wynne71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Midlands
Posts: 5,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcG View Post
I don't think anything was meant as an attack on you. It's just that HIDs have been discussed a lot recently and the feeling was you had been robbed.

Fully understand wanting someone else to do it and letting them source the parts. I have no clue/desire to do anything either and would happily pay my garage to do it. But even if you consider high labour dealer cost and that they'll charge you an hour even if it took ten minutes and you assume they'll take a big increase on parts costs and then stick VAT on it, it still should have cost £100 less.

And just adds to Veloces great reputation on here...
The price for me to fit yours has now gone up Marc. Its a cuppa AND a biscuit now......
wynne71 is offline  
Status: Bella!
AO Member
 
Robo159's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Worcestershire
Posts: 38
....mine got washed, but it was bitter out there. The neighbours think I am mad but
I own the coolest car on the street, so I dont care!
Robo159 is offline  
Status: Quaife !
AO Member
 
Mohican TI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Bedfordshire
Posts: 213
Images: 44

Member car:

159 TBi TI SW

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfasailor View Post
All I can say to everyone that thinks I paid £250 for the labour, please explain where you are getting that from? I have the invoice in my hand, £70 for labour, £42 for VAT, £137 for the part.

Can supply a calculator if required....
Hi Alfasailor, hope you enjoying your new car and HID's.
Did you upgraded your side lights as well?
Looking at your location I would suggest you visit Autolusso in the future, they fitted my HID's and charged me £80 all together. They have good reputation amongst Alfa owners in this country and not only.
Its also quite easy to upgrade your front fog lights to LED ones. I have done that myself following thread which had been posted on here.
Mohican TI is offline  
Status: Reflated!
AO Silver Member
 
MarkiT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: United Kingdom
County: North Yorkshire
Posts: 1,723
Garage
This the second day I've had my car, so still over-excited at owning it . Took it for a spin up a pretty empty A1 to Scotch Corner and back just to get more of feel for things at speed (after crawling in traffic jams on the m62 yesterday). And now I just periodically look out of the window to see if its still parked outside, and grin like an idiot .
MarkiT is offline  
Status: Give me an Alfa everyday!
AO Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Portugal
County: Vila Real
Posts: 257
Images: 4
Garage
Abso-freakingly nothing besides staring at it thinking about trade it in for a 2.4 jtdm Q4 ti saloon i spotted on the virtual stand. its driving me insane as seller lives about 30 miles from me, coul go there on a leap... why oh why do you torture me Alfa?!
Ruby159Beast is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cambridgeshire
Posts: 542
A 2.4 Q4 Ti?! Where? haha
thedonnmeister is offline  
Status: Extra miaow
AO Member
 
Malheus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sweden
County: Norrbotten
Posts: 775
Images: 5
Garage
Added a sticker on each side..Should have smacked on door instead.

Getting hate for this. >:

Getting love with adding Cadamuro stuff later!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc0091eq.jpg (36.4 KB, 27 views)
Malheus is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome