What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 29 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Silver Member

County: Toliman
Been out for a play in the car for the real first time to find out how it works with all the FMIC mods, W/M injection, Alfatune remap tweaks and Alfatune exhaust.

Not stopped smiling yet. The car is on a permanent mission to headbutt the horizon.

Last edited by coxy1; 01-03-13 at 16:14.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Kent
fitted my connect 2 no space behind that dash!! and updated blue & me!
AO Member

County: Worcestershire

Member car:

2.4 159 Lusso

Not today, but Wednesday - Took my 159 in to SimplyAlfas!

It's being given some TLC - an MOT, diagnostic, glow plugs, turbo boost solenoid ... !

I miss it though! Can't wait to get it back!
AO Member

County: Lincolnshire

Member car:

GQV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroonaldinho View Post
Getting the remap/DPF/EGR done at McLennan's on Friday! Most excited!
How did it go? I had my Brera done there about a year ago. Can't fault the service at all! Top notch!
AO Member

County: Vila Real
Garage
Washed and cleaned, sat outside looking at it! Went for a ride, refuelled it to the brim whit quality diesel, checked tyre pressure and made a engine bay visual reconaissance, checked fluid levels to! Noticed that the oil currently in since october 2012 is pretty beaten and dark. Might have to change it sooner than schedulled!
I also verifyed all plugs and seals to all components, everything looks fine, lets just use the car!!!
AO Silver Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Filled her to the brim with standard ESSO diesel plus 75mls of Millers eco first . Power squirted it all over with hose pipe then again over the lower soiled areas . Bucket of hot water and squirt of shampoo plus wheel scrubber and body cloth --- washed roof , bonnet , boot and sides down to 1 foot from the side skirts --- rinsed that off then washed the lower areas , finally the wheels --- and rinsed .
Always do that to stop scratching the rest of the body with small grit in the spunge that you don't see . I know --- I'm a sad anorak but it just looks great when totally clean .

Oil's only been in there for 3000 miles so it will get drained when it's done another 5000 miles THEN the MILLERS nanodrive will be replaced with more of the same plus ZX1 as usual. May drain the box then too , since I have no clue when it was last put in there --- that'll have MILLERS nanotech box oil plus ZX1. Ought to really change the air filter too , it's been there since 42,000 miles.

Last edited by RobMsport; 02-03-13 at 15:22.
AO Member

County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

Brera 2.2 SV "S"

Saw Duncan Slade today for some TLC: New rear discs and pads (no more squealing!), replaced the broken rear parking sensor so no more beeps every time I reverse off my drive and replaced the oil temp sensor to stop it constantly reading zero. Niggles officially fixed!
AO Member

County: Vila Real
Garage
Off topic, Rob, so you recomend the use of millers? I have this guy that will get me the 5 litre by almost half the value of selenia's! Nanotech goes before new oil right? And 2 or 3 days before changing there's a special liquid to help remove all sludge and deposits in the oil circuit right?

Thanks.
AO Member

Member car:

2.4 159 Lusso

Had news that it as flown through the MOT! Woohoo!!
AO Member

County: Greater London

Member car:

Brera S 2.2

I put a CD in it for the first time since ownership and it wouldn't go in.

Discovered there was something stuck in there...

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18b2ae52.jpg

http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/...psb5b35a32.jpg
AO Member

Member car:

2.4 159 Lusso

^^ Whhhaaaaattt!?
AO Member

County: Greater London

Member car:

Brera S 2.2

Haha yep, it wouldn't take the CD so had a look inside and ended up pulling out a sheet of A4 with a load of address for Citroen C4's.

I guess that's what the previous owner decided to go for after the Brera.
AO Member

County: Surrey
Garage

Member car:

Alfa Mito

Ah washed the motor again and fitted some new front mud flaps... Went on quite easily

Last edited by stu007; 03-03-13 at 10:29.
AO Member

County: Essex

Member car:

Alfa Brera

Thumbs Up

Two new front tyres, full service and cam belt change! All done by the guys at Power Italia in Essex, highly recommended.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby159Beast View Post
Off topic, Rob, so you recomend the use of millers? I have this guy that will get me the 5 litre by almost half the value of selenia's! Nanotech goes before new oil right? And 2 or 3 days before changing there's a special liquid to help remove all sludge and deposits in the oil circuit right?

Thanks.
H'mmm , think we may be talking at cross purposes ? Millers eco diesel is the fuel additive to clean plus lift cetane numbers that I use as a matter of course at every standard diesel fill-up --- it's cheaper than buying premium fuel.
I also use ZX1 with all liquids in my race engine(oil/water/greases) but just the engine and gearbox oil in my Alfa . I use Millers nanotech gearbox oil and Millers nanodrive in the engine . There's no sludge cleaner or the like before draining the oil.

Look up ZX1 EXTRALUBE on google to read all the detail and it's many uses . Millers nano oils have shown an efficiency gain on the dyno on the race engine , so that enthused me to use all their stuff . They have won motorsport awards for their innovative nano oils.

I don't like products that '' flush '' engines , they can give problems plus leave the chemical traces mixed with the new oil. I'd much rather change oil/filter three or at least twice as much as the ALFA handbook says.
PM me if you want to chat about it on the phone.
AO Member

County: Cambridgeshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMsport View Post
H'mmm , think we may be talking at cross purposes ? Millers eco diesel is the fuel additive to clean plus lift cetane numbers that I use as a matter of course at every standard diesel fill-up --- it's cheaper than buying premium fuel.
I also use ZX1 with all liquids in my race engine(oil/water/greases) but just the engine and gearbox oil in my Alfa . I use Millers nanotech gearbox oil and Millers nanodrive in the engine . There's no sludge cleaner or the like before draining the oil.

Look up ZX1 EXTRALUBE on google to read all the detail and it's many uses . Millers nano oils have shown an efficiency gain on the dyno on the race engine , so that enthused me to use all their stuff . They have won motorsport awards for their innovative nano oils.

I don't like products that '' flush '' engines , they can give problems plus leave the chemical traces mixed with the new oil. I'd much rather change oil/filter three or at least twice as much as the ALFA handbook says.
PM me if you want to chat about it on the phone.
Rob, I'm planning on changing the oil in my 2.2 Spider, what oil would you recommend? I have been looking at Shell Helix Ultra as I'm not a fan of Selenia.

Any thoughts?
AO Member

County: Staffordshire
Tomorrow I will be adding some injector cleaner... blasting up the motorway in 3rd to melt my dpf then it's off for a fill up plus some 2 stroke oil! I will check in tomorrow to let you all know what I have done today!! :-))
(Probably ending up on the back of an rac wagon!)
AO Member

County: North Yorkshire
In a fan of shell also! Recommend it!
AO Gold Member

County: Durham
I have noticed today that the 1 on the rear 159 badge is loose.
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
I tackled some of the stone chips & a mysterious kerb type mark on one of the alloys.

Checked / topped up fluids & tyres then drove it immediately after taking a 110k Maserati out for a test drive and strangely, wasn't disappointed.
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post

... taking a 110k Maserati out for a test drive and strangely, wasn't disappointed.
I'll bet you weren't - I'm green with envy
AO Silver Member

County: Aberdeenshire
I took my lovely spider for a cruise today - with the hood down as the weather was so nice
AO Member

County: Edinburgh
Quote:
Getting the remap/DPF/EGR done at McLennan's on Friday! Most excited!
Got it back on Saturday, running beautifully now! No lag at all, lovely smooth power delivery throughout and slightly improved mpg (says around 55mpg average, but I'm guessing that might be slightly exaggerated!)
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedonnmeister View Post
Rob, I'm planning on changing the oil in my 2.2 Spider, what oil would you recommend? I have been looking at Shell Helix Ultra as I'm not a fan of Selenia.

Any thoughts?
Yes , but it's better to ask the guys who make the stuff so email enquiries@millersoils.co.uk to speak with their technical guy. Tell him exactly what ALFA model & year and engine you have --- he'll advise the very best for your motor . Be prepared to change the oil & filter at half the mileage ALFA ROMEO advise though !!!
I could take a guess at what he may say --- possibly CFS Nanodrive 0W40 or 5W 40 then order it from OPIE OILS or some other cheaper contact you may know. I use CFS Nanodrive 5W40 in my 2000cc Zetec Dunnell Race Engine ---- drained at 600 maximum miles(then it goes into my wife's Corola 1.6lt and is still very clean) I also use exactly the same oil in the 159 2.4ti ------- advised directly by Millers tech man on the phone BUT of course it'll stay in the engine for 8000 miles.
If your handbook says , for instance every 12000 miles , I'd change it at 6000 miles .

You can ' name drop ' me if you like ----- Rob from RobMsport with the STYLUS Dunnell 231bhp sprint car told me to contact you . He'll probably say --- who's he OR I thought he'd died ha ha !!!
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Got it back on Saturday, running beautifully now! No lag at all, lovely smooth power delivery throughout and slightly improved mpg (says around 55mpg average, but I'm guessing that might be slightly exaggerated!)
My digi readout is over reading by 4mpg since it's remap but some people's are reading 8mpg out ---- you'll need to brim to brim fill - up then calculate miles into gallons used to be certain. My remapped 2.4ti is doing 44mpg on just motorway , driving steady and only up to the legal speed limit . Local 2 to 10 mile runs over several weeks before a decent long drive it's 34mpg . That's standard diesel plus millers eco diesel additive.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today