What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 202 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Member

County: -
Garage
Booked the Brera into MVC in sale for full 54k service, rear right bearing and a general look over.

Place I bought car from said they gave it a service, yeah ok then, I'd rather know for sure it's been done tar very much.

John at MVC seems cool.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Oxfordshire
Garage
Not today, but Friday. Going through the Tunnel into the badlands. Looking forward to opening it up on the autobahn. Got the 'above 80 mph' shudder fixed by replacing the near side upper wishbone. Be good to see how it compares to last time ......
AO Member

Garage
Left the brera at home today....watching my daughter play football in the rain and we've brought the dog with us.

Will gets wife's car muddy today me thinks
AO Member

I replace the headlight and the foglight, the new headlight I custom made the half moon LED, while the foglight are from Osram. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...c8896006f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Cambridgeshire
Garage
Missed a beat in the M4....... Popped a Boost Hose off so limped the rest of the way before calling out the RAC to put a temporary clip on as the high tension boost hose clip was lost ....3.5 Bar will do that though.
AO Member

still waiting for the lowered suspension to arrive, hate driving around in a tiny petrol 147! Plus, as soon as I get the brera back, it will be fitted with a custom 2.4 exhaust.
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

brera 2.4 - NERO

Just back from Autolusso after a stage 3 map....had to put VDC back on around the country roads near Woburn cuz the wheels were lighting up too much. Good wheeze from the turbo now too. It will keep me grinning until I get a hybrid on. Good job done by the boys again.
matty74 likes this.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylehusky View Post
I replace the headlight and the foglight, the new headlight I custom made the half moon LED, while the foglight are from Osram. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...c8896006f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice ! I want one, but I would make a right mess of it.
AO Member

Garage
Gave it a fantastic 'workout' on the unrestricted sections of the A3 autobahn yesterday Didn't miss a beat. 7 hours driving with just a 30 min rest break and it just purred along. Couple of days rest now before heading back via the Commonwealth War Graves at Ypres.
MrManQ likes this.
lotok

My 159 TI is in for a coolant leak, while it is there I am having it remapped. It was a 2011 mapped to 136bhp so should be over 170bhp when done.
I wanted them to machine polish it as it's black and has light scratches, but they reckon it's already been machine polished to death and any more would just damage it :-/

AO Member

County: UK

Member car:

159 2.4 jtdm

So this morning I have had a fight with a hub nut, which I almost lost as the breaker bar went flying inches from my face, landing a good 20 ft away.... so while waiting for the tripod joint to turn up I've done the oil and filter, and now starting to remove the rust from the front sub-frame ready to seal. Productive morning
AO Member

Rolling road tune and remap in Hampshire

HI, I would just like to let you Southerners know about TH Performance based in Havant in Hampshire (near Portsmouth). He has just done a rolling road remap on my 2.4 Brera and what a difference. I cleaned out the DPF and blanked the EGR myself and gave it to Terry to sort the rest. I can post the tech sheet if there is interest but the figures read like this 258.6bhp engine power, 220.7bhp at the wheels and the important one 613.9nm of torque. There is no flat spot below 2k and it just pulls everywhere (just like it was designed to). I am so pleased with the results and the grin factor now is addictive. If you are interested give Terry a phone on 02392*473443 or check his website thperformance.co.uk .
AlfaMook likes this.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

159 2.4 Lusso

washed>clayed>glazed>waxed>cleaned the glass and dressed the tyres. she's good for winter now.

topped up my screen wash fluid. and put anti freeze in my water mixture. get ready for the winter.
AO Member

Garage
Got the Ti back into the UK yesterday after a week across the ditch. All told, covered exactly 1440 miles, and it never faltered. Especially enjoyed the unrestricted sections of the Autobahn. Looking forward to taking it back and doing it again, but in the summer this time.
giblets46 and lotok like this.
AO Member

County: Durham

Member car:

Brera 2.4 JTDM

http://redirect.viglink.com/?format=...0by%20andyroma
posting what I've done sorry if your already aware.

Last edited by Routa; 25-10-16 at 13:35. Reason: Im stupid

County: Wiltshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbotvr View Post
Rolling road tune and remap in Hampshire

HI, I would just like to let you Southerners know about TH Performance based in Havant in Hampshire (near Portsmouth). He has just done a rolling road remap on my 2.4 Brera and what a difference. I cleaned out the DPF and blanked the EGR myself and gave it to Terry to sort the rest. I can post the tech sheet if there is interest but the figures read like this 258.6bhp engine power, 220.7bhp at the wheels and the important one 613.9nm of torque. There is no flat spot below 2k and it just pulls everywhere (just like it was designed to). I am so pleased with the results and the grin factor now is addictive. If you are interested give Terry a phone on 02392*473443 or check his website thperformance.co.uk .
I had my 159 ti remapped by Angel Tuning recently and it's so much better, would be interested to see what a dyno graph looks like for it as it sounds like you've gone the same way I did re DPF and EGR.
lotok

I thought doing anything with DPF was illegal now and would fail mot. I had remap recently but left DPF in place.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Service - oil and all filters.
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Herefordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrManQ View Post
Booked the Brera into MVC in sale for full 54k service, rear right bearing and a general look over.

Place I bought car from said they gave it a service, yeah ok then, I'd rather know for sure it's been done tar very much.

John at MVC seems cool.
I don't want to bad-mouth unnecessarily but I had some work done on my car there. They replaced my turbo (I supplied the replacement) and wheel bearing...which was all fine, no issues at all. However, I also needed a new N/S/F upper suspension arm because of a worn bush. Turns out they fitted a cheaper non-OEM part (despite saying they only fit genuine) so I had to have it redone properly 3 months later at NJS Pershore (top guys) as the bush had failed again. Just beware is all
AO Member

County: Bielsko-Biala
Garage
gave it a proper clean, and did photo session in sunny autumn's afternoon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0053.jpg (194.7 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0090.jpg (223.9 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0079.jpg (219.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0066.jpg (189.7 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0063.jpg (154.9 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0058.jpg (168.5 KB, 24 views)
bigjim and Larry92 like this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

brera 2.4 - NERO

Wing respray for today/tomorrow after a local shopkeeper thought carbonio black would look rather fetching on his ****ty flat blue Vauxhall bumper.
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Herefordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsonix View Post
gave it a proper clean, and did photo session in sunny autumn's afternoon
I have the same colour and style as your alfa - also just cleaned it thoroughly inside and out

I love those wheels, I'm trying to get hold of some as they look mint - much better than my spoked ones
AO Member

County: Merseyside
Garage
Swapped my black 2.4ti saloon which I had for over 5 years for a silver 2.4 tiSW. Needed work ( cheap car really ) so this week have replaced knackered /cracked rear springs and corroded shockers , groaning NSR hub /bearing, s/h guaranteed engine wiring loom ( original was showing a short to earth here and there) and put my own reg plate on it. Vast improvement as a result. Next - good claying, mopping and polish etc. There is a slight ticking noise under load which sounds like the crank pulley on its way out - will let this develop. Has a small crack in the tailgate interior light cover and the NSF wheel arch has a chunk our of it at the bottom. Need a handy breakers for them. Underneath is surprisingly good - no subframe rust and other suspension just has light corrosion . thinking about getting the same F1 Alfatune remap and egr /dpf delete I had on the old one , but will have to give household coffers time to refill. Here are some piccies.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161003_123515.jpg (94.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 20161003_123525.jpg (79.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 20161003_123548.jpg (70.2 KB, 19 views)
lussoman, bigjim and Rewe like this.
AO Member

County: West Midlands
Garage

Member car:

156 SW

Put my front subframe back on without placing the n/s/ lower wishbone bolts in place

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today