What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 195 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Herefordshire
went to collect some grey alloys for my fiat coupe.....ok, not technicall alfa related but I drove there in the alfa? turns out the boot on the sportwagon easily swallows 4 alloys with tyres happy days
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
After the family holiday to Cornwall, which involved 19 enjoyable hours behind the wheel (according to the onboard computer), gave her a good clean in and out!
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

147 2.0TS

MOT passed - after a little work, my nearside suspension has been taking a pounding recently, lower arm needed to due excessive wear (it had just started creaking last week). Handbrake efficiency fail and a quick change of headlights HID to halogen. not too bad since passing the 200k miles.

Gearbox is getting noisier in 4th... Trying to avoid 3rd and 4th as much as possible until I can find time to book it in.
Oh and EML came on this morning on the way to work... it has been a while since I cleaned the EGR valve, I'm hoping that is all it is.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Malfaist View Post
MOT passed - after a little work, my nearside suspension has been taking a pounding recently, lower arm needed to due excessive wear (it had just started creaking last week). Handbrake efficiency fail and a quick change of headlights HID to halogen. not too bad since passing the 200k miles.

Gearbox is getting noisier in 4th... Trying to avoid 3rd and 4th as much as possible until I can find time to book it in.
Oh and EML came on this morning on the way to work... it has been a while since I cleaned the EGR valve, I'm hoping that is all it is.
get the EGR blanked off to prevent future problems?

County: Derbyshire-
Garage

Member car:

159 TBi ti 2010

ECU remap today. Made me swear out loud the first time I booted it Now running 240bhp
Larry92 likes this.
AO Member

County: Antrim

Member car:

159 2.0 SW Ti

Washed. Detarred. SRP'd the bonnet, front bumper, and lights. Waxed top to tail. 6 hours well spent in the NI sunshine and a farmer tan to boot!

Phil.
Dalfaro159 likes this.
AO Member

County: Greater London
Garage
Trailer electrics

I towed a boat to Portland over the weekend. The 2.4JDTm pulls the load well. Checking the trailer lights I found that the side lights were not coming on. A bit of diagnosing proved it was not the trailer light board as suspected but the car. The towbar was fitted from when I bought the car and I believe was as delivered from AR UK.
I had the car checked today. The guys found a Ryder Smart 7 Bypass printed circuit. They found a fix to make the side lights work and this involved removing speaker on the board that squawked when reverse was engaged.
Anyone else got any experience with trailer electrics to compare?

AO Member

County: Devon
MOT passed, no advisories. Not bad for a 57 159- glad I didn't get one of those unreliable german heaps of crap!
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

MiTo & Spider LE

Went in for the dreaded MOT today on my Spider, first time in 2 years given the way my car history has been (new 2015 MiTo and only just getting the Spider last August where the place I bought it from MOT'd it before they handed it over to me hence the gap). Thankfully it went ok nothing serious. All that had to be done was the headlight alignment was off, 2 minute job to correct. My local Kwik Fit are good thankfully, much better than the place I got my then Giulietta serviced and MOT'd last time.

I still hate MOT time though, I can't say I've missed it over those 2 years!
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

I really would prefer a dental visit than take a car for an MOT. One of my scariest regular tasks
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezley View Post
I really would prefer a dental visit than take a car for an MOT. One of my scariest regular tasks
Doctor-dentist-MOT: all about the same level of anxiety for me!
But when you get a good result by God you don't half feel great!
Wezley and Tim Malfaist like this.
AO Member

Member car:

159 2.0 SW Ti

Fitted some Osram Fogbreaker front fog light bulbs at the weekend. They are obnoxiously yellow. And thus I love them! lol

Took the opportunity to clean and polish behind the fog light trim pieces where quite a large amount of road dirt and deceased bugs were residing, as well as what can only be described as the stomach churning remains of a small bird from behind the passenger side fog light unit...how it got there I have no idea!

Was also a good excuse to take some SRP and wax to the chrome fog light surrounds to bring them back to their best.

And also got a price for a bootlid respray as the paint is flaking off under the push-button badge and Alfa wont touch it under paint warranty.

Relatively productive for a partially damp weekend!

Phil.
AO Member

County: -
A VERY busy weekend. The halo build was complete, so it was time to remove the front bumper. So....
*bumper off and cleaned
*was going to treat any subframe rust, but there wasnt any!
*mesh removed and repainted
*new foglights fitted (chrome in the last set we looking grubby)
* horizontal slats in the alfa grill were wrapped in matte black wrap.
* the grey plastic trim that is directly beneath the light clusters, was looking faded and chipped, so this was sprayed matte black.
*And... the halos were fitted, also used Osram nightbreakers in the new clusters.

Pictures tell a thousand words though...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160814_130717.jpg (113.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg 20160814_130725.jpg (126.2 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 20160815_075216.jpg (51.4 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Snapchat-1202984224867106577.jpg (146.9 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Snapchat-4644463777197932958.jpg (169.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg Snapchat-4718787239889135777.jpg (132.2 KB, 15 views)
AO Member

County: Lincolnshire

Member car:

Alfa 159 LE

Cruised through the 120k mark
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
Garage
Bought a pr of tyres for the front last week as I had the MOT today, and I foolishly didn't check the rear as they both failed !! Obviously they must of been on the front at some point. Just ordered another pr of tyres now !!

On a brighter note I finally had time to give the car a nice clean, I haven't had time the last few weeks with moving house so its good to see it looking shiny again..

Quick reflection shot !

Quick note my Alfa 159ti 2011 2.0JTDm will be for sale in a few months time if anyone is interested.. Looking for around 6800
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160814_201304.jpg (109.4 KB, 13 views)
bigjim likes this.

-----------------------------------
FOR SALE SOON - Alfa 159Ti 2011 2.0JTDm, Black with genuine Alfa bodykit and late spec interior .

Previous Alfa's = Fantasy Blue 156 2.4JTD Sportwagon |Alfa 156 V6 S/W with LPG | Nuvelo 147 GTA with Connect +, 18" alloys, Coilovers, CDA and remap| 156 2.4 JTD sportwagon with 185 BHP, lowered, 17" white speedline wheels, and Zender bodykit|156 V6 SP3 in Cosmos with big spoiler|1998 Spider TS in green.
AO Member

County: Greater London
My replacement wipers blades came today, so I went to look for my key: found it in the washing machine. D'oh!

Key still worked ( !!!!!! ) and the wipers went on easily.
AO Silver Member

County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Garage
Annual clean and check-over prior to MOT
Not bad for just under 125,000 miles
- one little rust spot on lower side of inside of near side passenger door.
Inlet manifold will be same colour as engine cover when it next comes off for spark plug change
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aug2016.jpg (239.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Aug2016-EngineBay.jpg (254.1 KB, 25 views)
Lord_of_beard and Larry92 like this.
AO Member

County: Oxfordshire
Garage
2 new Pirelli P zero Nero XL TL 235/40ZR19 96Y's (333.48 for 2 incl fitting) on the front to replace the Continental Conti Sports 235/40ZR19 96Y's that only went on a year ago. Near side inner was down to the fabric !
Need to know.....is this normal for the front tyres to last only a year on the front?
Now, to get that annoying front Nearside wishbone replaced. Had enough of the 'knocking noise'.
AO Member

Member car:

159 2.0 SW Ti

Got a quote to repaint the bootlid at the weekend.....all week I've been pondering what else to have colour coded at the same time (justified to the Mrs as: "well sure dear, he's mixing the paint and heating the oven ANYWAY....").

Phil.
AO Silver Member

County: East Riding of Yorkshire
Garage
MOT gained - advisory on Exhaust Flexi Joint - local exhaust shop should be able to cut and weld one in.
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Taken it for some roof-down motoring all day long, including coming back home in the dark this evening. Always feels great in the dark!
Probably last chance for a while looking at the weather forecast.
Whilst sat waiting at the traffic lights earlier on, a middle aged pedestrian shouted across ''nice car mate''.
Coming up to 6 years with this car now and it most definitely still has the 'wow' factor .
SpiderSaint and Lord_of_beard like this.
AO Member

Member car:

159 2.0 SW Ti

Fitted a couple of the factory luggage nets from my previous 159 saloon into my mum's 2.2 Brera ahead of them taking it on a road trip through France.

Fitted the standard boot floor one, as well as the one that stretches across the mouth of the boot opening, turns out the factory lugs screw onto the bolts within the light housings, so it popped straight in. Result, and saves them lying around my garage going to waste.

Phil.
AO Gold Member

Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Finally got my four tyres put on that I've had for over a month or so. Trying to find places at weekends (that are still open) to fit tyres not purchased from them
Club Member
Membro Premio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezley View Post
Finally got my four tyres put on that I've had for over a month or so. Trying to find places at weekends (that are still open) to fit tyres not purchased from them
smaller tyre shops should do it? the place in town by me does it 6 a tyre to fit.....

just seen you are in manc as well, when I said town by me I mean where im from originally down south by Ross on Wye...not much use to you up here im afraid
AO Gold Member

Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry92 View Post
smaller tyre shops should do it? the place in town by me does it 6 a tyre to fit.....

just seen you are in manc as well, when I said town by me I mean where im from originally down south by Ross on Wye...not much use to you up here im afraid
Cheers, I know of one very local to my Mum. They did it, it was just that they don't seem to be open on a Saturday morning any more. I was off work Wednesday with other things to do so took the opportunity.
Larry92 likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today