What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 193 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Member

County: Derbyshire

Member car:

Alfa Brera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flibble View Post
How did you fix it? I have a single jet not working

Firstly, is water actually reaching the nozzle/jet. If it is then that is where the fault lies and you need to remove it from the car.

On the inside of the bonnet, under the jet, there is a black plastic access cover. If you lever this off you will be able to remove the jet assembly, it just clips in.

On mine a small plastic plug on the underside of the unit had fallen out (with age I guess) and water would come out of that hole instead of through the jet nozzle. Guess this is some sort of protective feature. I carefully plugged this hole with a small piece of plastic rod I had lying about and everything worked perfectly.

If you can't sort that out I think I saw new units on the Alfashop website for less than a tenner .
Mr Flibble likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

MiTo & Spider LE

Went out to Scarborough for the day in my Spider today, roof and windows fully down.

While I was out my re-trimmed wheel came back from Jack at Royal Steering, he really knows his stuff, I'm glad I went with extra thick leather.

And despite putting all the cream I could on in preparation for the temperatures, I've still ended up with part of my face and neck red sun tanned. Suppose it makes a change.

On a final note I found Scarborough has a really nice Italian Restaurant by the seafront, probably the best I've been too, will have to go back later in the year when I've got more appetite for the desserts they do which make all the places near me look pretty plain. Eating a dessert like that in this weather just ain't gonna happen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4769.JPG (109.0 KB, 19 views)
SpiderSaint likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Gelato is the only dessert to have in this weather
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

MiTo & Spider LE

That was the first thing I went to get when I got off the park and ride bus, I never knew rhubarb and custard flavour would work so well.
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

159 2.4 Lusso

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfahemi View Post
Just finished changing the old faded alfa badges.
got any links for them? my front is silver, it's faded that much and i think my titanium is just dark enough to carry these badges off.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

brera 2.4 - NERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalfajim View Post
got any links for them? my front is silver, it's faded that much and i think my titanium is just dark enough to carry these badges off.
here ya go Jim, others in the shop too, if you don't want the wheel centre caps.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2516760649...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
bigalfajim likes this.
AO Member

County: -
Got some photos of my "mood lighting" in the dark....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160719_230604.jpg (72.1 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 20160719_230550.jpg (25.1 KB, 26 views)
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Herefordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty66 View Post
Got some photos of my "mood lighting" in the dark....
I love that - do you have any more detailed photos or a dev thread I can look through?
AO Member

In the last month or so . . .

Remove engine and gearbox to get to the failed bearing on the output flange to the propshaft. Dismantled the power take off box, replaced bearings, reshimmed, and reassembled. ZF, who make the box, no help, but all bearings and seals have OE numbers so easily obtainable from any bearing supplier.
Replaced the V6 timing chains, idlers, guides, tensioners - having waited a couple more weeks as GM Parts in the USA forgot to send one guide - which also allowed me to order new gaskets for the tensioners as I didn't know they didn't come with them. Had a moment of doubt at 11pm saturday about whether I'd torqued up the rear idler when tidying tool up (in Alfa positioning - RH in Cadillac positioning) - so stripped it all again while the sealant was soft - I had torqued it up - all back together by 20 past midnight!
Engine back in sunday/monday.
Blasted and powdercoated battery tray, under engine cooling duct mounts, rear lamda plug bracket under the car, propshaft safety hoop bracket thingie, brake hose mounts on the front uprights (screws sheared in upright after the stud hanging on to the brake hose sheared when I tried to remove it to get enough free-play in the assembly to get the driveshafts out) washer bottle mount, air cleaner mount - was surprised how bad they were!
Also had subframe blasted, then I painted with 2-pack paint, then undersealed, with a good dose of noxodol 700 inside it. Applied Noxodol to varous other chassis legs and box sections.
Blasted the lower rear edges of the front wheelarches where the paint have been stripped by road grit - 2-pack paint, top coat, then rubber coating, so they should be ok for a while.
Spotted rustspots under the sills yesterday when doing final fitting of things, stripped, cleaned,blasted, painted, undersealed so they should be good for a few more years. If anyone knows where to get those oval rubber bungs, I need one.

So it's back on the floor, so I can turn it round and have a go at the rear trailing arms . . .

Incidentally, I can see how people changing the timing chains may run into timing problems- the final chain wanted to jump the idler by one tooth when fitting the last guide - had to be held in place and checked to be sure it was correct as the guide was positioned.

Hardest bit was persuading my engine crane to move on the rough tamped concete outside my garage.

Most worrying, after the "phew" when it started first turn, was trying to bleed the cooling system - couldn't get hot air out of the air vents yesterday - until I realised with the temperatures set to 32 degrees, the system was trying to cool the car DOWN to 32 degrees it was that hot outside. :-)
Club Member
Membro Premio

Member car:

brera 2.4 - NERO

Yesterday was mainly tinting windows
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160721_143613.jpg (124.8 KB, 28 views)
hessian likes this.
AO Member

County: Cheshire
Tested my Eibach Pro springs with 2 adults, 2 nineteen year olds and a 16 year old, a boot full of stuff, an Ocean Kayak and a Roof box
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160715_095147.jpg (212.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg 20160715_082602.jpg (191.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 20160715_095243.jpg (187.9 KB, 18 views)
AO Silver Member

Member car:

159 2.4 Lusso

i call that fully loaded.
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenuta View Post
Tested my Eibach Pro springs with 2 adults, 2 nineteen year olds and a 16 year old, a boot full of stuff, an Ocean Kayak and a Roof box

Seems quite reasonable to me, there is a user who believes the sport wagon springs are far too soft

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!
AO Member

Fitted 245/45-18 ditch finders and Alloygators all round - much quieter than Hankook Winters!
AO Member

County: essex

Member car:

159 3.2 Q4 lusso

continued the TI convertion this week with some spanking new 19's and mirror caps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-20160724-WA0000_1469378457359.jpg (56.3 KB, 23 views)
AO Member

Member car:

Washed & waxed her (took quite a few hours...) - looks pretty good for a 9 year old car!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WhatsApp-Image-20160724 (1).jpg (65.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (88.4 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg WhatsApp-Image-20160724.jpg (85.8 KB, 13 views)
AO Member

County: England
Garage
Sold my Spider!
SpiderSaint and Lord_of_beard like this.
AO Member

Garage
Spent 4 hours washing, claying, washing then polishing. Removed rather a lot of the swirls. Only a few deeper ones left and a couple of scratches, but pleased with the results of my labour and impressed with Meguiars Ultimate Compound.

Never had time for waxing so that will a job for next weekend hopefully.

20160723_143105.jpg

20160723_143139.jpg

20160723_143321.jpg

20160723_143258.jpg

20160723_143344.jpg
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Brera

Wish you had posted a full on profile shot Mr Flibble. I have the same coloured Brera as you and I keep wondering about black wheels.

Black wheels have definitely been 'en vogue' for the last few years and once again Alfa were ahead of the curve when I bought a new 155 back in 1995 which had them fitted as standard.
AO Member

Garage
I didn't take a side profile picture after this weekends cleaning activities, but here's one from the day I bought the car.

20160605_170731.jpg

It already had the wheels when i got it btw.
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

147 2.0TS

Uh-Oh moments as have developed additional gearbox noises.... 3rd/4th whine... does seem to fit the general description of early M32 gearbox failure... time to book in for an experts opinion.
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Cambridgeshire
Garage
Not today as such, but over the last 6 weeks I have been working with Turbo Dynamics and Autolusso to develop a new Stage 2 Hybrid Turbo for the 2.4 159/Brera/Spider.

After a lot of dev work the final spec is:

GTB22 Turbine wheel (from a BMW 530d variant) increased from the GTB20 as stock.
62mm extended tip billet compressor wheel 6 blade design (49mm inducer, 62 trim) as opposed to the 56mm stock wheel.
15 degree cutback/clipped turbine wheel
Custom 63mm intake adaptor (to suit 2.5 intake hose) to increase airflow against the stock 90 degree neck
Blueprinted (staggered gap oil seal on exhaust side) for zero back pressure exhaust set-ups

This unit will be able to flow the air needed for a 300bhp+ / 500lbs+ set-up on stock pipework with limited smoke and is a plug and play upgrade as opposed to the major heart transplant that a 2265VKLR Merc 350 Turbo transplant to get the same figures.

I have a very long jobs list on my car to get through before its back on the road though!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13876438_10154422612641096_4459177227866690722_n.jpg (82.9 KB, 13 views)

2008 159 TI 2.4 JTDM QTRONIC
My Car Details______http://www.jabawoki.com/2014/07/07/alfa-159-ti/
Project Halo Wiki____https://projects.jabawoki.com/index.php/Project_Halo_UK
Project Halo Page____https://www.facebook.com/ProjectHaloUK
AO Member

County: Lancashire

Member car:

159 2.4JTDm

Air conditioning fixed
AO Silver Member

Member car:

159 2.4 Lusso

washed it. first time in weeks.
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Had week in Italy from the 20th of July. The Monday before the bottom pulley fell off the car and I'd previously had the A/C regassed. The pulley for the AUX belts. No A/C, no PS and no alternator. RAC called and he followed me to the garage.
Car is back now all fine but no A/C . Currently in a "I don't like old sheitey boxes anymore" mood

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today