What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 189 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Fitted a replacement fog light. They are both silvery and shiny and one no longer look rusty.

I did fit LED bulbs. Not sure about them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Down to the local garage, got the Nexen N8000 fitted (there was still some slight inner edge wear on the old Acceleras,just about to hit hte wear bars, and just lost the tread on the inner edge)), and some new front brakes and pads I supplied (I originally intended to fit them myself, but since the little one has come along I simply haven't had time).
Anyway, were Mintex jobies, garage was very thankful I got the fitting kit, one of the pins had to be surgically removed! For some reason the codes mintex supplied didn't match what I knew was needed (i.e the front discs and pads as per the 2.4Jdm)

159 1.9JTDM Ti and Giulietta 2.0 Veloce
ex: Punto 55s, Golf Mk5 1.4FSi, A3 (8P) Sportback 2.0TDi SE, A4 (B8) 2.0TDI S-Line, 306 HDI Meridian
AO Member

County: Western Australia
Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezley View Post
Fitted a replacement fog light. They are both silvery and shiny and one no longer look rusty.

I did fit LED bulbs. Not sure about them.
I need to replace mine, where did you get your fog lights from?
Cheers
AO Gold Member

Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

The rear nearside passenger footwell loaded with water. I'm ****ing cursed with this sheite. VW and Audi did it too.
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

MiTo & Spider LE

The dash panel fascia parts are now complete and fitted on my Spider in the Ghiaccio White colour, along with the 3 chrome dial rings put back on. Leather gearstick gaiter with red stitching fitted too. Turns out the button clip piece is a bit bigger around the gearstick however not really noticeable, the leather quality and overall looks of it is nicer.

Overall result does look really nice with both white parts fully on now. I would show a picture but I don't feel it is fully there yet, I'm waiting until I get the separate steering wheel I purchased re-trimmed and the fascia panel on it repainted to white as well to match it all.

Of course because I'll be at National Alfa Day all being well if anyone is going you'll see it as it is then (albeit without the new wheel on yet).
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Luc Picard View Post
The dash panel fascia parts are now complete and fitted on my Spider in the Ghiaccio White colour, along with the 3 chrome dial rings put back on. Leather gearstick gaiter with red stitching fitted too. Turns out the button clip piece is a bit bigger around the gearstick however not really noticeable, the leather quality and overall looks of it is nicer.

Overall result does look really nice with both white parts fully on now. I would show a picture but I don't feel it is fully there yet, I'm waiting until I get the separate steering wheel I purchased re-trimmed and the fascia panel on it repainted to white as well to match it all.

Of course because I'll be at National Alfa Day all being well if anyone is going you'll see it as it is then (albeit without the new wheel on yet).
Come on JLP - you can't describe all that then not post a pic, even if it's not finished!
Dalfaro159 likes this.
AO Member

Member car:

MiTo & Spider LE

I'll see what I can do, I looked through the window earlier and found a potentially nice angle for a good moody picture to do. This was before it started to rain which it is still doing, at some point when conditions are better I'll give it a shot.
AO Member

Member car:

MiTo & Spider LE

Not much I can really do in terms of picture editing right now since my aging computer has lost a fair few of it's pixels, this will do for now though hopefully.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg White-Interior-Early.jpg (64.4 KB, 48 views)
alfaoxon and Dalfaro159 like this.
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Luc Picard View Post
Not much I can really do in terms of picture editing right now since my aging computer has lost a fair few of it's pixels, this will do for now though hopefully.
Must admit I wasn't sure beforehand, but it looks fine, particularly with the all-black interior.
Regional Representative
For South Central - AOSC

County: Hampshire
Garage

Member car:

159 2.0 JTDM Ti

Loz stole all my money

Service, eibach Spring set & upper wishbone replacement
giblets46 likes this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Herefordshire
Pipercross replacement filter arrived today....just need the rain to hold off for long enough for the ground to dry up enough for me to want to lie on it under the car
AO Member

County: Essex
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lussoman View Post
Rear discs and pads is quite a rare thing to do. Big mileage or symptoms of something amiss?
I only ask as I get an intermittent squealing/whistling which I think must be brake-related.
I changed the front discs and pads less than 10k miles ago, so suspect something at the rear.
I had whistling/squeeling from rear brakes .. turns out the handbrake was set too tight after a service.
lussoman likes this.
AO Member

County: Greater London
Today I was officially allowed to drive again after a six week recovery from heart surgery. In retrospect, a weekly startup and idle might have been a good idea: the battery was as dead as a dead thing. I couldn't even unlock the door with the remote.

Fortunately, the rescue vehicle was here in half an hour. Got into the car using the key and I left the fob in the slot to keep the car idling and locked the door with the key while I waited for 45 minutes for the battery to charge.

As I drove off, the car sounded like a bucket of bolts, brakes rattling, suspension creaking. A few hard pumps on the brakes and hitting the sleeping policemen at speed got things back to normal.

Nice to be behind the wheel again!
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Nothing

New genuine Alfa gear knob fittedto replace the tatty one, LED interior conversion, full interior detail and some scuff master arrived this afternoon ready to touch up the bolster of the drivers seat in the morning.
AO Gold Member

Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Still soaked through inside. ****ty piece of ****. I hate currently hate Alfa HiD's are getting worse too. I dare not use the head lights in rain, they blink like some kind of amphibian!

Freelunch glad you're back driving again. not sure if I should be sorry or pleased about the creaking grumpy Alfa
freelunch likes this.

County: Cork
Garage
Voting now open for June http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/poll-...tion-vote.html (June 2016 AO Detailing Competition Vote)

Vote for whoever you think deserves to win

And July Detailing competition now open for entries http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-d...n-entries.html (July 2016 Detailing Competition Entries)

Don't let the title put you off, it doesn't have to be a full detail, a wash & a clean will do, if your car looks good take some pics & submit them

Check out the updated rules here http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/car-d...ion-rules.html (Monthly Detailing Competition Rules)
AO Member

County: Bedfordshire
Had my lower arms fitted with Powerflex bushes, new track rod ends and steering arms. 4 wheel alignment also done. Car feels superb now very tight front end and steering is hugely improved. Looked after by Autolusso again well done chaps. Also met 3 forum members there whilst waiting, interesting chat.
Identity Confirmed
Authorised Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatsweaty View Post
Had my lower arms fitted with Powerflex bushes, new track rod ends and steering arms. 4 wheel alignment also done. Car feels superb now very tight front end and steering is hugely improved. Looked after by Autolusso again well done chaps. Also met 3 forum members there whilst waiting, interesting chat.
Good to meet you too

See told you it would be a improvement, now to start making it go faster

Ned
Fatsweaty likes this.
AO Member

Ned....interested in a minor Remap (you guys have done my EGR delete)
AO Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatsweaty View Post
Good to meet you in there. Interesting chat about all things Brexit to lower bushes! great fun. Hope the Stromboli wagon is running a treat.

Cheers!

Iain
AO Member

Likewise Iain great day having a chat with yourselves.
AO Member

County: Derbyshire
Garage
Finally got around to making and fitting some mudflaps to protect my arches from further stone chips. Now I need to get them treated and repainted.

001.jpg
3.jpg
20160702_110134.jpg
20160702_110449.jpg

Already posted a detailed build here if anyone else would like to do anything similar:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...l#post15020953 (Subtle Custom Mudflaps Build)

Last edited by Mr Flibble; 02-07-16 at 16:29. Reason: pic not correct
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Herefordshire
bought a jack and axle stands yesterday to get under the car to fit a new air filter....slightly more dignified than a convenient road side curb....but this morning im far too hungover for crawling under the car :P
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Spider 2.2JTS

2 people have asked that I post a pic of the new black brushed aluminum vinyl wrapped centre console - sorry, kept forgetting to take a photo.. I really like it - looks a million times more classy..
Wasn't easy to do or cheap, but well worth it - hated that grey plastic..
Will be buying a 159 Ti steering wheel soon to complete the look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speeder_console_vinyl.jpg (59.0 KB, 33 views)
Wezley and Dalfaro159 like this.
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeloceRagno View Post
2 people have asked that I post a pic of the new black brushed aluminum vinyl wrapped centre console - sorry, kept forgetting to take a photo.. I really like it - looks a million times more classy..
Wasn't easy to do or cheap, but well worth it - hated that grey plastic..
Will be buying a 159 Ti steering wheel soon to complete the look.
Great, thanks for posting! Am debating the same or carbon, how much did you need to buy in the end?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today