What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 180 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Member

County: -
Garage
Currently at Autolusso having Eibach springs, Bilstein dampers, Eibach anti-roll bars and braided lines. My wallet is soon going to be lighter than air......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage
Took her out for a run on Saturday and didnt lose the electrics, yay, bit early to be fully confident but the relay that Laurence changed might have solved my electrics problems, I need to get the run up to my daughters place in London and back before I can happily say its fixed.

Got a coat of Harleys Wax on her yesterday just in case I dont get another chance on Saturday the day before Spring Alfa Day at Beaulieu on the 17th
AO Member

County: South Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by giblets46 View Post
I've done it several time, quite easy I thought. It's one of the most common for people to remove...ask anyone whose installed LED sidelights and had to retrieve the bulbs by putting blue tack on a stick through the indicator aperture!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color
How do you do it then?
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

159 2.4 Lusso

new glow plugs and relay, injector/dpf treatment cleaner. credit card not liking me now. esp. as brakes will need to be done soon.
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz3litre View Post
How do you do it then?
grab it, turn it anticlockwise, and pull, the turn bit can be a little stiff if I reacall.
If there are wires in the way, take out the sidelight (simply pull), most of us will have attacked the indicator with the sidelight out already..
AO Member

Garage
Today I have mostly been having a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports fitted.....
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
Garage
Gave it a wash on friday night and it was filthy again by Saturday morning. The joy of black!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
SpiderSaint likes this.
AO Member

County: West Midlands
had vac pump off for new gasket as this would have appeared to have been the source of my engine oil leak.
en.jpg

figured whilst i was in there would fit EGR Delete plates and gaskets. Gloves broke too many times, to the point i ran out, resulting in this...
hands.jpg

not the easiest of things to play around with due to lack of space and my massive sausage fingers, as pictured above (i'm much more used to trucks) also resulted in me getting covered like a 3 year old with a jam sandwich.
arms.jpg

i love the paste that results from the soot from EGR and engine oil it's such a glorious thing...

tomorrow i shall be removing the exhaust blank plate bolts to cut them down as i am 90% sure its giving gasket whistle when on full boost

Rich

'07 159 Lusso Saloon, 2.4 JTDm, Oltremare Blue.
'99 Fiat Coupe, 2.0 20v VIS, Portofino Blue, Full Leather, Mani-Back Longlife Custom S/S Exhaust.

Last edited by richydraper; 12-04-16 at 20:09.
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major_Clanger View Post
Today I have mostly been having a set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports fitted.....
A blast from the past.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-z5T8meC84
Major_Clanger likes this.
AO Member

County: Bielsko-Biala
Garage
Ive replaced door mirror glass today. On old ones mirror layer was already disappering at the bottom edge. Not OEM, but looks good quality - aspherical & blue & heated version, and not expensive. Replace took me a few minutes.
Wezley likes this.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsonix View Post
Ive replaced door mirror glass today. On old ones mirror layer was already disappering at the bottom edge. Not OEM, but looks good quality - aspherical & blue & heated version, and not expensive. Replace took me a few minutes.
post is useless without links and pics need to get both mine done so would be interested
Wezley likes this.
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Driver's side on mine has started to de-laminate or water ingress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richydraper View Post
post is useless without links and pics need to get both mine done so would be interested
Indeed. Though as well as a wash over the weekend I refitted the nearside glass which was loose. Double sided tape, that made of a soft almost sponge like material. Seems to have worked as it was almost falling off and as such a doddle to put the tape on/in.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

159 2.4 Lusso

Quote:
yeah my drivers is looking a bit scruffy along the bottom.
AO Member

County: Bielsko-Biala
Garage
Quote:
I bought them in Poland for someting like GBP5/EUR7, on polish ebay-like service, not sure link is any use for you as look like anyway they do not ship outside Poland.
ALFA ROMEO 159 06- SZK?O WK?AD LUSTERKA LUSTERKO L (5383977609) - Allegro.pl - Wi?cej ni? aukcje.
ALFA ROMEO 159 06- SZK?O WK?AD LUSTERKA LUSTERKO P (5158074983) - Allegro.pl - Wi?cej ni? aukcje.

I'm not sure also if UK/LHD cars wouldn't need different set (not sure if both glasses differ in any way).
AO Silver Member

Member car:

159 2.4 Lusso

changed the indicator bulb. hopefully that'll stop the odd lamp error messages.
AO Member

Quote:
I bought them in Poland for someting like GBP5/EUR7, on polish ebay-like service, not sure link is any use for you as look like anyway they do not ship outside Poland.
ALFA ROMEO 159 06- SZK?O WK?AD LUSTERKA LUSTERKO L (5383977609) - Allegro.pl - Wi?cej ni? aukcje.
ALFA ROMEO 159 06- SZK?O WK?AD LUSTERKA LUSTERKO P (5158074983) - Allegro.pl - Wi?cej ni? aukcje.

I'm not sure also if UK/LHD cars wouldn't need different set (not sure if both glasses differ in any way).
the search shall continue then if they dont ship outside poland

ePER lists different part numbers for LHD and RHD car mirror glasses... yet strangely (for my car at least) list a further 2 glasses without 'Aspherical Reflector' as a modification. so it would appear that AR removed the wide angle portion shortly after release.

if the units you have do infact have the 'Aspherical Reflector' then i would have thought something is different
AO Member

County: Kent
Gave it a proper clean yesterday. Washed and dried, Clay bar followed by by a polish with Auto Glym resin polish followed by a coat of pure Canuaba Wax and polished with an electric orbital polisher. All chrome work polished. interior spotless and under the bonnet gleaming. Spring Alfa Day ready. Only disappointment is my Wizard exhaust won't arrive until Monday.
AO Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Sat in Autolusso for most of today having new front lower bush powerflexes on plus alignment with map done. Tried the wizard but on the 1750 I found it too boomy for me! Less is more clearly the map and new bushes makes a big difference to the way the car drives)
Met two guys on the forum today getting work done on their Alfas. The guys at Autolusso know what they're doing.

Cheers,
Iain
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbo73 View Post
Sat in Autolusso for most of today having new front lower bush powerflexes on plus alignment with map done. Tried the wizard but on the 1750 I found it too boomy for me! Less is more clearly the map and new bushes makes a big difference to the way the car drives)
Met two guys on the forum today getting work done on their Alfas. The guys at Autolusso know what they're doing.

Cheers,
Iain
Pleased to hear your good news Iain

Have they furnished the new reception yet? Not sure how recently they moved into the new area but it was devoid of any chairs when I was there a couple of weeks ago so I walked the streets for an hour or so. Thankfully it wasnt raining like it was today....
AO Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Yes it's looking like it's nearly finished. The waiting room had some sofas, mags and top gear on....bit of a long wait but good job done. Hope the chap I was chatting to who is on here is enjoying the Wizard pipes being put on his 2.4 SW.

Cheers,
Iain
AO Member

County: Greater London
Got the Brera properly dirty this week when we spent three days in the North York Moors. Rained most of the time. Got pretty mucky off the single lane tracks when dodging tractors and white vans. Cleaned the underside when we returned to London and hit flooding during a torrential downpour. All I could think about was how low the air filter was...

Got 30.6 mpg on the trip, which raises my two-year average a point.

Wash day tomorrow when the sun comes out.

Last edited by freelunch; 18-04-16 at 07:57.
AO Member

Member car:

Brera 3.2 V6 Q4

Fitted my new bonnet badge with added carbon. It's had its final polish and looks lovely. Yes I know car needs a polish now too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1460903796382.jpg (44.9 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg image_1460903817023.jpg (42.0 KB, 23 views)
TheBishMan likes this.
AO Member

New fog lights (angel lights) and a new Android multimedia Centre.

Hiya. I've bought a set of 6 angel eyes from eBay but my mechanic can't get my lights apart on my Brera without cracking them! Where did you get yours fitted?
AO Member

Member car:

Brera 3.2 V6 Q4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills159 View Post
New fog lights (angel lights) and a new Android multimedia Centre.
Bills, can you send the link for your angel eye fogs and a pic be keen to see how they look. Hope they'll match my Halo main lights

Thanks

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today