What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 179 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Member

County: Croston Lancs
Removed the awful Phillips Nightbreakers I installed pre MOT and refitted HID's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by matty74 View Post
Removed the awful Phillips Nightbreakers I installed pre MOT and refitted HID's

Was that precautionary? I've passed 3/4 MoT with them in .

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color
AO Member

County: -
Garage
looked in my car spare bulb draw and managed to change all inside bulbs to led, also ordered double din unit
AO Member

New rear left window regulator
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

147 2.0TS

Been in for a service and wishbone replacement at AlfaWorksop, excellent experience again. Also seems like front subframe got a treatment in time... Phew! Not bad with 197k miles on the clock.
AO Gold Member

County: Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darranna View Post
Has anyone here had an Alfatune done on a 2.2 if so what are / were the 'real world' results?
I can't comment re Alfatune but this is what my local remap guys said.

"*In reality being a naturally aspirated engine they donít gain huge PEAK power figures above the factory 185bhp (they run around 192bhp peak tuned) but you have to remember these peak numbers are made just before the rev-limiter. The main improvements on the car are in the mid-range between 1800-4500rpm where the cars are typically driven. They become far more responsive with less hesitation and have a decent torque improvement all the way through the mid-range. Whilst this doesnít add to the peak numbers it makes them far more urgent where you actually drive the car.*"

Sounds fair and good to me, and under £300 too 👍

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

81 'Sud 1.5 Super - '88 33 1.7 Green Cloverleaf -'92 164 2.0 Twinnie - '94 164 2.0 Twinnie -'99 166 2.5 V6 Sportronic -'00 166 2.5 V6 Manual-'03 156 2.4 JTD Veloce-'97 GTV 2.0 Twinspark

AROC 916 Registrar http://www.aroc-uk.com/ Gtv Rebuild Project Thread http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motor...w-project.html

AO Member

County: Croston Lancs
Quote:
Originally Posted by giblets46 View Post
Was that precautionary? I've passed 3/4 MoT with them in .

No ... i'd not had my lights properly aligned since fitting Halo's last year and as i'd only roughly set the adjusters I wanted to get them done with normal lamps in then revert back, as they are bloody awful on country lanes at night
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage
Left her at Autolusso on Monday to try and get this electrics bug sorted, Spring Alf Day just around the corner and I haven't got a car.
AO Member

Garage
Just had the call and I'm picking her up this afternoon, they've changed a relay that was getting hotter than it should be and that's the cheap option, next time it might have to be the steering lock ECU and that's going to cost me plenty.
Fingers crossed I get it back without breaking down.
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderSaint View Post
Just had the call and I'm picking her up this afternoon, they've changed a relay that was getting hotter than it should be and that's the cheap option, next time it might have to be the steering lock ECU and that's going to cost me plenty.
Fingers crossed I get it back without breaking down.
Good luck SS. It sounds like a right bloody nuisance.
AO Member

County: -norfolk
just finished fitting new front discs and pads , went for MTEC drilled only with the silver coating and mintex pads . got the rear discs and pads int garage ready to fit , hope the rears go as smoothly as the fronts .
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lussoman View Post
Good luck SS. It sounds like a right bloody nuisance.
Yep sure is, they ran it for 4 hours at the garage but it wouldnt break down, anyway, a relay has been changed so fingers crossed, I'll give it a good try on Sunday.
To be honest Laurence wasnt all that confident that the relay will sort it and is leaning towards the steering lock ecu, not as expensive as I at first thought @ under £300.
I now have the worst bit going on, Im waiting for it to break down and we wont know if its been fixed for a while or until it stops.
I would have had the steering ecu changed there and then to be honest be its a 2 to 3 week delivery time from Italy so makes sense to drive her now and hope the relay sorts it out.
At least I should be able to make it to the Spring Alfa Day at Beaulieu on the 17th

Driving in an Alfa wonderland
AO Member

County: North Yorkshire
shop 4 parts delivered :-) replaced the Steering ECU & put all the dash back together in between storms of hail.
AO Member

New locking nuts
AO Member

County: Cornwall
Garage
Lapped up compliments from someone who came and said the 159 looks stunning and his other half wanted know how much he had to earn to own one :-)
Wezley likes this.
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_of_beard View Post
Lapped up compliments from someone who came and said the 159 looks stunning and his other half wanted know how much he had to earn to own one :-)
They have good taste.
Lord_of_beard likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_of_beard View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezley View Post
They have good taste.
Talking money is vulgar, people either possess good taste or they don't, and looking at the multitude of nondescript hatchbacks and SUVs out there, most don't.
AO Member

Garage
fitted an adroid unit and rear camera
Lord_of_beard and Darranna like this.
AO Member

County: Cornwall
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lussoman View Post
Talking money is vulgar, people either possess good taste or they don't, and looking at the multitude of nondescript hatchbacks and SUVs out there, most don't.
High five to that.
lussoman and corasdad like this.
AO Member

Member car:

Brera 3.2 V6 Q4

Ok, so the moulding of the roof went well and so did the carbon infusion. This just popped out of the mould. Sorry for the iPhone pics but wanted to get something out straight away. Early estimate is that this is around the 1kg mark, bearing in mind the original glass was about 15kgs. Full spec of what I did to follow on my thread:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tunin.../965002?page=2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image_1460148171302.jpg (70.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg image_1460148258928.jpg (94.7 KB, 22 views)
AO Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Autolusso stage one remap...really glad I did it. Lovely subtle enhancement. 3rd and 4th miles better and no hesitation 1st to 2nd now. Highly recommend it'on a 1750.
AO Member

County: South Australia
Have any of you guys found an easy way to change the passenger's side front indicator bulb? Even my wife and son with their long thin fingers can't get inside the housing and twist the holder out. I have no chance at all with my short, thicker fingers. The driver's side one is probably worse. I have been thinking about making a tool with a knob on the end that will grip the thing and enable it to be twisted without having to get your fingers inside, but I haven't worked it out yet.
AO Member

County: England
Garage
I managed to damage the front bumper reversing the Spider into the garage. It's only about a 1cm long but annoying all the same and just before SAD as well
AO Member

Member car:

Spider 2.2JTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darranna View Post
I managed to damage the front bumper reversing the Spider into the garage. It's only about a 1cm long but annoying all the same and just before SAD as well
I managed to curb the passenger side rear wheel twice in two days on the Spider (something I never do!) - was raving mad at myself - I feel your pain..
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz3litre View Post
Have any of you guys found an easy way to change the passenger's side front indicator bulb? Even my wife and son with their long thin fingers can't get inside the housing and twist the holder out. I have no chance at all with my short, thicker fingers. The driver's side one is probably worse. I have been thinking about making a tool with a knob on the end that will grip the thing and enable it to be twisted without having to get your fingers inside, but I haven't worked it out yet.

I've done it several time, quite easy I thought. It's one of the most common for people to remove...ask anyone whose installed LED sidelights and had to retrieve the bulbs by putting blue tack on a stick through the indicator aperture!

matty74 likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today