What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 177 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Member

County: Hampshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by francobaresi View Post
hi all, has anybody ever used marano nero s gear knob before? i am planing to buy the marano for my alfa 159 but i am not sure, i wonder how it looks and feels. somebody says the marano a bit higher than original knob and it makes me thoughtful.
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/03...f411267920.jpgtb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes have one on mine, not the black one but the same in ally and black leather, I would have gone for the same as you but it had red stitching and that would have looked wrong with tan leather.
A very tactile gear stick knob (had to fit the gear stick in there as it didnt sound right lol)
Not any higher so I noticed anyway, dead easy fit, prise the cap off your existing knob then undo the holding nut, the new one just pushes on and is secured by a single allen screw.
Expensive but well worth it IMO.

Driving in an Alfa wonderland
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Ankara
Garage
What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderSaint View Post
Yes have one on mine, not the black one but the same in ally and black leather, I would have gone for the same as you but it had red stitching and that would have looked wrong with tan leather.

A very tactile gear stick knob (had to fit the gear stick in there as it didnt sound right lol)

Not any higher so I noticed anyway, dead easy fit, prise the cap off your existing knob then undo the holding nut, the new one just pushes on and is secured by a single allen screw.

Expensive but well worth it IMO.
thank you very much for your review dude. it's very enlighted me. in this regard, you recommend the marano , don't you? as to your view it feels good and don't make any noise, this is enough for me. can you take a photo of your marano? also i would like to swap the old logo with new one , is it possible? can you quantify the logo's diameter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AO Member

County: Greater London
Garage
Drove to the footie yesterday. I had plenty of time so took a relaxed drive with 290 miles for the round trip. The computer showed 40 mpg there and 44 mpg back so it must be up hill going north from London ;-). This is a bog standard car, no re-maps, DPF and EGR still in there.
AO Member

County: England
Garage
Yesterday (Sunday) I did a really rare thing (for me anyway). I actually drove my Spider The wife our little dog (on the rear shelf) and I traveled up around Suffolk and covered around 200 miles and averaged 29.8 MPG which I'm more than happy with. She does need a clean now though but that will have to wait until the weekend.
Lord_of_beard likes this.
JHC

County: -
Just insured my first Brera...

Now where's that key?
AO Member

County: Devon
Finally got mine back after having new Bilstein B4 and Eibach springs all round but discovered a cracked front fork which the local main dealer advised next day delivery only for the next day to then say its on back order with no due date. Was not too happy with them. Thank god a local car dismantler was breaking a 2.4 159 that had one. Also new pagid front discs and pads which were a bit of a steal at Eurocarparts. Too early to give any feed back on the suspension mods but it does seem to sit a whole lot nicer than before the broken rear springs.
giblets46 likes this.

Last edited by Waquer159; 14-03-16 at 17:07.
AO Silver Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waquer159 View Post
Finally got mine back after having new Bilstein B4 and Eibach springs all round but discovered a cracked front fork which the local main dealer advised next day delivery only for the next day to then say its on back order with no due date. Was not too happy with them. Thank god a local car dismantler was breaking a 2.4 159 that had one. Also new pagid front discs and pads which were a bit of a steal at Eurocarparts. Too early to give any feed back on the suspension mods but it does seem to sit a whole lot nicer than before the broken rear springs.
Please do let us know how you get on with the rear Eibachs holding up and if possible could you tell me the code on the rear springs.

Cheers,
Al
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcooker View Post
Please do let us know how you get on with the rear Eibachs holding up and if possible could you tell me the code on the rear springs.

Cheers,
Al
I'll try and find out for you. They are on the car now but I'm hopefully going to get it tracked some day this week when I get chance just to make sure its all ok.
AO Member

I clayed my 159 for the first time yesterday. Looks like it has new paintwork after a polish. Panels are smooth as glass, really does make a difference.
Troll and Lord_of_beard like this.
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
Garage
Cleaned my MAF & MAP sensors yesterday while the sun was out, car felt a bit smoother after in my brief test drive. I still think the MAF is goosed though !!
AO Member

Quote:

Cheers,
Al
Al, I think the number is 111000505 HA. Just the second number was a bit smudged but I'm pretty sure it was a 1.
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waquer159 View Post
Al, I think the number is 111000505 HA. Just the second number was a bit smudged but I'm pretty sure it was a 1.

Good, they're definitely sportwagon springs, so sometime in the future, please let us know how you get on with carrying loads etc.
Cheers.
AO Member

County: Meath
Garage
Morning all. Today I washed my 159, and accelerated hard out of a junction and caused my clutch to slip through 1st 2ND and 3rd oops!!! Looks like clutch needs to be done! More money! Just put a new novitec suspension in last week and replaced the back tyres! Just my luck!
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by howayasham041 View Post
Morning all. Today I washed my 159, and accelerated hard out of a junction and caused my clutch to slip through 1st 2ND and 3rd oops!!
Sod washing my car if that's what happens then.
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Sod washing my car if that's what happens then.
Good enough excuse for me too!
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
Garage
Scrapped my front spoiler on the low concrete wall of the multi storey car pk at work.. Who ever designed it needs shooting, 90 deg turn up a ramp only just wide enough for a car and a low concrete wall when you swing in to it .. ahhhggghhhhh
AO Member

Garage
It's never happened before that's the First time. Unfortunately it's not the first time I've said those words lol!
AO Member

County: South Australia
Got four new 245/40/19" Pirelli Cinturato P1 tyres fitted to the ti Sportwagon today. The old ones did 53,511 km which I am more than happy with. The deal includes free rotation and balancing every 10,000 km for the life of the tyres, which I am sure helps with longevity. They are an excellent all round tyre. Unfortunately when the wheel alignment was done in December the new technician re-set it to factory specs and it scrubbed the inside of the driver's side tyre to the steel. Previously it was done correctly because the former technician used to work for the dealer and knew what the new toe setting should be. The new guy refused to listen to me. He has since left and his replacement has set the toe to zero, so it should be good now.

Current Alfas:
2004 GT 3.2 V6, Grigio Stromboli
2008 159 ti 2.4 JTDM Sportwagon, Grigio Stromboli
1989 75 3 litre V6, black
1988 75 3 litre, red, (son's car now)
2000 156 TS 2 litre, Cosmos Blue, (daughter's car)
AO Member

County: -norfolk
Just given mine a bloody thorough deep clean within an inch of its life and a damn good polishing as well .

God it looks gorgeous just like it did when i bought it 9 months ago .

TI wheels are a labour of love to keep clean tho .

next up is cure the slight oil weep from some where round the turbo , and stop the suspension creak .

thought id sorted that but it has appeared again .damn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilift View Post
J and stop the suspension creak .

thought id sorted that but it has appeared again .damn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What causes the suspension creak and how do you fix it? Ours has started doing that in the last couple of weeks.
AO Member

Member car:

147 2.0TS

4 x new Kumho Sport LE tyres - will see how they go for a mid-range tyre. Good news is my alloys powdercoat refurb from about 2 years ago are still immaculate - tyre guys were very impressed. None lifted on removing the old tyres still no chips or flakes.
Also now booked in at AlfaWorkshop Royston for the 4th to have squeaky/creaky front end looked at and basic service before I hit the 200K mile mark.
AO Silver Member

County: Wrexham
Garage
Sold my spider ����
AO Member

Can someone please explain the cause of the suspension creak and what to do about it?
hilift likes this.
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Mine, I notice first thing seems to creak over speed bumps. Only started recently.
On my GT it was upper wishbones. Not sure with this though.
AO Member

Garage
Hilift

You can buy wheel sealant by Poorboys which is excellent makes cleaning a doddle cheap enough too here ots about 15Euro and will last you years

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today