What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 175 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Silver Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage
Found my oil catch can to be missing and thus taking up residency in the under tray. Must've slammed the bonnet too hard and dislodged it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: England
Garage
My new headlight arrived today, so I managed to find a little time to re-fit the Xenon dipped beam HID's and the Main beam LED's. Details and pictures are on my website.

2008 Alfa Romeo Spider 2.2 JTS LE
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today?

A bit of leather care cream on the seats and other leather. Steering wheel certainly seems a little less shiny!

Also just sorted the drivers sided side washer jet, seems it had just unclipped...simple

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color

Last edited by giblets46; 25-02-16 at 21:18.
AO Member

County: Cornwall
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler4 View Post
Fixed my non working boot light today thanks to the information posted by Jamoir and Jim159 back in 12/14. Simple case of jumping two wires together and all is fine again. Thanks guys.
I need to do this....just waiting for a day when it's not raining and freezing...
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Got around to breaking out the Chipex to deal with the stone chips - mostly on upper and lower bumper rails, plus some on the front wings and a few on the bonnet. I took a few 'before' photos, and just for fun started counting. No so much fun that the count reached 237.

Still, got about 2/3 done before stopping while it was still light. Should get the rest done and all polished tomorrow.
AO Member

Garage
I get to drive all sorts of new cars for work. This week I've been in an exec spec Vauxhall insignia, I've been in the new Octavia, 3 series etc etc.
Every time I get back to my Alfa after a week away I sit in it and realise just how good the 939 series is for interior quality and design. such a great car even after 11 years.
alcooker and Miles G like this.
AO Member

County: -
Yesterday and today I've removed swirl flaps and blanked EGR valve. In Monday I have appointment for ECU remapping and DPF removal. So far I'm happy, rough idle and start gone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160227_110033668.jpg (114.5 KB, 8 views)
AO Member

County: Wiltshire
Garage
Gave it a wash yesterday as it was filthy as I have been to London a few times. Then today, gave her a coat of AD Cherry Glaze, and then a coat of Lusso Oro wax for protection as I hear its going to get cold.

It certainly looks very shiny at the moment.
AO Silver Member

County: Hertfordshire
Garage
Got a call off the missis at 3.30am my time to say the car had broken down what should she do. Apparently it sounded like the exhaust had come off and hit the road followed by no power steering. Exhaust is apparently intact and I did ask her to get the RAC guy to check for fluid in the reservoir - he didn't open the bonnet though. Hopefully it's just a pulley, not had any whining from the pump.
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH77 View Post
Got around to breaking out the Chipex to deal with the stone chips - mostly on upper and lower bumper rails, plus some on the front wings and a few on the bonnet. I took a few 'before' photos, and just for fun started counting. No so much fun that the count reached 237.

Still, got about 2/3 done before stopping while it was still light. Should get the rest done and all polished tomorrow.
I have a rash allover the bonnet. The car (to me) was perfect when I bought it but about a month ago I was behind a car at the traffic lights that was hit by a red light driver. The C Class Merc in front had it's front removed by the **** in the Renault/Citroen/Peugeot Wanger van thing. Anyway the glass, paint, plastic and whatever off the Twangy (I think) showered my bonnet. It's a bit of a mess.
I should have claimed off Twangies insurance I suppose but I know my premiums would increase on all three cars. Would amount to over 130/year extra so I have not bothered.

Anyway I have looked at Dr Colourchip, Chipex and one other. Dithering I can't decide which to buy and would be most interested in you experience with Chipex which is looking to be the favourite (only because Dr Colourchip might not have the colour for the Alfa I need)

Priorities I find, are usually someone else's.
Statements above are all my own opinion and not fact.
AO Member

County: Oxfordshire
Garage
It's an annoying problem, mostly because it's only happened twice in the 6 months I've owned the car........when unlocking it, the horn sounds (just once), but I find that the sunroof has opened - completely. There's no alarm when I open the door, so that seems to be OK. Once in the car, I need to turn the Sun Roof control clockwise to close it. Has anyone else had this problem?
AO Member

Garage
It sounds like its a case of Alfaitis, mine gets it but with different bits of the electrics, usually mirrors doing odd things and recently the old self opening boot trick.
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderSaint View Post
It sounds like its a case of Alfaitis, mine gets it but with different bits of the electrics, usually mirrors doing odd things and recently the old self opening boot trick.
Just drove about 8 miles back from a client's house and noticed by boot lid had popped up at some point.
I guess it had been like that for the whole journey, since I unlocked the car.
Bloody thing.
I'm also having to get the screwdriver in the lock again to prise back the metal tab that then allows me to slam the lid shut.
Soaking lock and carpet trim on the underside of the lid goes without saying...
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezley View Post
Anyway I have looked at Dr Colourchip, Chipex and one other. Dithering I can't decide which to buy and would be most interested in you experience with Chipex which is looking to be the favourite (only because Dr Colourchip might not have the colour for the Alfa I need)
The Chipex has been an excellent colour match with my Alfa Red (289/A). I have found it can give good results, but it's hard to know when to stop with the blending fluid: you rub gently and nothing happens, then it starts to lift off the Chipex around your spot, then then next moment the new paint has lifted out and you need to do it again. Even if it hasn't lifted out completely, the new paint is too thin and needs another go to bring it level. But as I say, given the patience to do 2 or 3 (or 4) goes to get it right, the results can be pretty-much invisible.

By the end of the weekend I had the front end looking good again. This evening home from work and there are 3 new white spots. AhhhrgggH!

In a year or two, I'll be done with it. Respray the bumper and apply some sort of armour film. Suggestions?
Wezley likes this.
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lussoman View Post
Just drove about 8 miles back from a client's house and noticed by boot lid had popped up at some point.
I guess it had been like that for the whole journey, since I unlocked the car.
Bloody thing.
I'm also having to get the screwdriver in the lock again to prise back the metal tab that then allows me to slam the lid shut.
Soaking lock and carpet trim on the underside of the lid goes without saying...
Ah we still love them though lol
lussoman likes this.
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderSaint View Post
I notice on a few occasions the boot is open. I've assumed (and sometimes is the case) that I've inadvertently pressed the unlock button on the fob. However I'm not convinced it is always me and not after reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH77 View Post
The Chipex has been an excellent colour match with my Alfa Red (289/A). I have found it can give good results, but it's hard to know when to stop with the blending fluid: you rub gently and nothing happens, then it starts to lift off the Chipex around your spot, then then next moment the new paint has lifted out and you need to do it again. Even if it hasn't lifted out completely, the new paint is too thin and needs another go to bring it level. But as I say, given the patience to do 2 or 3 (or 4) goes to get it right, the results can be pretty-much invisible.

By the end of the weekend I had the front end looking good again. This evening home from work and there are 3 new white spots. AhhhrgggH!

In a year or two, I'll be done with it. Respray the bumper and apply some sort of armour film. Suggestions?
Thanks, I'm going to give it a go. One or two of the chips are down to the metal. I hoped ot leave it until dry weather but I don't think I can. I shall order the Chipex.

Good luck with not getting further stone chips

County: Cork
Garage
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

MiTo & Spider LE

Updated my gearknob and cap to a Mille Miglia one with red stitching.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4616.JPG (99.5 KB, 22 views)
Lord_of_beard likes this.
AO Member

County: Netherland
Garage
Installed tow bar last weekend, small cut-out of bumper, doesn't look to bad.
Now waiting for arrival of rear view camera and navigation system, which is next om my Alfa to-do list.
AO Member

County: Ankara
Garage
What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today?

today i bought new rims. this photo was taken by the first buyer in 2011;
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/03...9981cf6c03.jpg

Some staff i've added till today. this photo was taken by me today;http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/03...a506aba744.jpg
volder likes this.

Last edited by francobaresi; 02-03-16 at 18:48.
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by francobaresi View Post
today i bought new rims. this photo was taken by the first buyer in 2011;
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/03...9981cf6c03.jpg

Some staff i've added till today. this photo was taken by me today;http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/03...a506aba744.jpg
I've got the old ones, I do like them, the probably is the finish had flaked off in places which ruins the looks some what
AO Member

County: Merseyside
Garage
Doh! Posted in wrong forum.

Last edited by mmmfive; 02-03-16 at 20:51. Reason: Fat fingers & bad aim
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Shad86 View Post
I've got the old ones, I do like them, the probably is the finish had flaked off in places which ruins the looks some what
the same thing happened to mine, i repainted them and now i am going to use the old ones during winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by francobaresi View Post
the same thing happened to mine, i repainted them and now i am going to use the old ones during winter.

Did you repaint them yourself? I've considered it, just not got round to it/worried they will come out crud!
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Shad86 View Post
Did you repaint them yourself? I've considered it, just not got round to it/worried they will come out crud!

no, i made painted it to a service but some of my frienda painted by himself with plastidip, plastic cover material and they have been still pleased .

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today