What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 169 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Member

County: Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by lussoman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanalpha159 View Post
So this happened Boxing Day early hours! Devastated! http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/images/smilies/frown.gif some drunken **** I expect any ideas on cheapest fix?
Are those huge lines mega 'scratches'?
The body work damage is also on the swage line.
It looks horrendous and so will be the price I expect.
There's some absolute scum walking the streets.
Luckily those huge lines are water marks no scratch or imperfection to paint just that horrible dent the swage Line is what I'm worried about. My friends just emailed me saying to pop it up and he'll do his best to keep it mates rates and give me change from 350 lets hope so. This is not helping my 159 ocd need it sorted lol.
Lord_of_beard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanalpha159 View Post
Luckily those huge lines are water marks no scratch or imperfection to paint just that horrible dent the swage Line is what I'm worried about. My friends just emailed me saying to pop it up and he'll do his best to keep it mates rates and give me change from 350 lets hope so. This is not helping my 159 ocd need it sorted lol.
Good luck, I hope it's repairable.
I had a concrete roof tile drop on to the boot lid of my Spider a few years ago, right across the swage line.
My 2 local body shops said there was nothing they could do.
Finished up getting another lid from a salvage company, I was very lucky to get one in the same colour as well!
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltfromtheBlue View Post
I have a 2008 2.4 JTDm. A reconditioned EGR valve was fitted at 43k miles in 2011 about a month after the warranty ended. This is still in the car now at 75K miles. So they can need replacing, but 3 seems quite a lot.
Your usage sounds fine... I will definitely keep an eye on my EGR in the future. I picked up the car 2 weeks ago and I can already feel the stuttering at around 2000 RPM in second gear. I no longer get annoyed by it, as I know how to work my way around it - just floor it past 2000 RPM and shift to third. When flooring it, the stuttering disappears. I can live with that.

On another note, the price for the regular 120K service, which included a handbrake and EGR fix (both on warranty) and new filters, oil change and some filter cleaning etc... was horrendous: 1500 euros. Holy moly. I did get a list of all items and work needed, and it all actually adds upp. The list is two pages long and consists of items of 50-80 bucks here and there, plus the labor and the tax - which in the end shoots up the price. Anyway, time to enjoy the car for another 20K and probably find a cheaper indie to perform the work next time.

P.s. mine is a 2.4 as well.

Alfa Romeo - Veni, Vidi, Vici.
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

159 2.4 Lusso

fitted LED sidelights. maybe my years with the 147 made it seem easier than i was expecting; there ain't much room back there!
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Not strictly the 159, but with a bit of hex editing I successfully removed the safety nag screen on the Pioneer Avic Sat Nav! One of those small annoyances!
alfadodge and Lord_of_beard like this.
AO Member

County: Shropshire
Just entered the 200,000 mile club in the 159 , well yesterday...
24160122986_8554efa8ce_k.jpg

https://flic.kr/p/CNWWQA
AO Member

County: Hampshire
Wohoooo how's she running?
AO Member

County: Shropshire
Perfectly surprisingly ... Just put some 166 4 pots on the front last week, knackered up the brake line so hand to get a new one made.Makes the brake feel so much more progressive.

Plenty of life left in her yet. The only issue I have had is the quality of the fixings have a tendency to sheer (minor brackets, undertray etc), in comparison to an Alfa 75. Gets about 50 mpg on a steady run. Note the mpg gauge is about 10 mpg out, I put this down to the remap.

I did have a few random electrical issues but after inspecting the power feeds to the main fusebox one was a little loose so clicked them back in and everything runs normally again, also some of the relays and fuses were a little loose. Probably not a bad idea to go over the car and quickly check the connection every year or so.
AO Member

County: Istanbul
Changed all brake discs, and pads, front & back to brembo, nice and smooth
AO Silver Member

County: Buckinghamshire
The battery on my 159 2.4 ti JTDM was failing over a year ago(non starter & needing jump leads)on one occasion , but hasn't been an issue until this week . Jumped it but only did 20 miles after that then today the same thing again ---------------------- SO , thought I should stop being mean , as it's the original 2009 battery and get another one. Eurocarparts for a 110 85ah 800cca correct size 5yr wty 111 delivered by Tuesday 12th Jan. That should sort her out for another few years plus more grunt than the existing one !!
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMsport View Post
The battery on my 159 2.4 ti JTDM was failing over a year ago(non starter & needing jump leads)on one occasion , but hasn't been an issue until this week . Jumped it but only did 20 miles after that then today the same thing again ---------------------- SO , thought I should stop being mean , as it's the original 2009 battery and get another one. Eurocarparts for a 110 85ah 800cca correct size 5yr wty 111 delivered by Tuesday 12th Jan. That should sort her out for another few years plus more grunt than the existing one !!
Sounds expensive
Mine may need a new battery... perhaps.
AO Silver Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezley View Post
Sounds expensive
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...der-today.html (What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today?)

Maybe but it's heavier duty than the standard replacement and hopefully longer lasting
Wezley likes this.
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezley View Post
Sounds expensive

https://www.tayna.co.uk/Car-Batteries-C48.html

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color
Wezley likes this.
AO Member

County: South East
I just fitted a Koonlung k1s Dash Cam. So far very impressed.
AO Silver Member

County: Greater London
Took a trip to Veloces to get window switch and misfire sorted. Top notch job today as the tech diagnosed the fault whilst I was waiting. Getting the coil replaced next week an was given another window switch. happy days
AO Member

Member car:

2008 159 1.9JTDm

Stripped the egr, cleaned with MR Muscle and rinsed several times until nice and shiny. Stripped and cleaned the solenoid very thoroughly, greased it and reassembled. Took the car to MOT and passed with flying colours. It's driving really nicely now the egr is working properly - just need to save the pennies for an Alfatune remap to delete the sodding thing!!
matty74 and Bruce100 like this.
AO Member

County: -
Hello guys, can someone help me about my brera 2008 2.4 154kw manual gearbox, the 1st 2nd and 5th gear shifting is so hard when engine temperature is hot (90/c). I changed the gearbox oil - ELF 75/80 API GL-4 . but still the same problem.. when engine is cold (before 90.c) is good but after it get hard shifting.
Please for advice. tHANk you.
AO Silver Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknewton View Post
Stripped the egr, cleaned with MR Muscle and rinsed several times until nice and shiny. Stripped and cleaned the solenoid very thoroughly, greased it and reassembled. Took the car to MOT and passed with flying colours. It's driving really nicely now the egr is working properly - just need to save the pennies for an Alfatune remap to delete the sodding thing!!

Good work, you can still run it fine with a blanking plate (although you'll get an EML), or a restrictor plate (blanking plate with small hole, but no EML, and much of the benefit)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color
AO Member

County: England
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchy19 View Post
I just fitted a Koonlung k1s Dash Cam. So far very impressed.
I should think so for 200

Looks a decent piece of kit though
AO Member

County: England
Garage
Yesterday (Saturday) I removed the front bumper and currently have have the wire mesh hanging in my garage drying. I also wrapped my dash, got to try and finish another project today.

I'll update my website latter today
AO Member

County: Cornwall
Garage
Back from paint. Full front end re-spray and passenger side. Looking like new!

Had a quote for the rear bumper and driver side stone chipping at 375.00
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

159 2.4 Lusso

AO Member

completed internal lights change to LED thanks to the jabawoki guide. Was pretty simple actually and looks great!

changing head unit next week when my new one arrives!
JabawokJayUK likes this.
AO Member

County: Kent
Hi just finished fitting EGR (after cleaning) and used partial blanking plates on the inlet and outlet. Will run it to work tomorrow so should be good!
matty74 and giblets46 like this.
AO Gold Member

County: Greater Manchester
Garage

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07spiderman View Post
Hi just finished fitting EGR (after cleaning) and used partial blanking plates on the inlet and outlet. Will run it to work tomorrow so should be good!
Did the EGR on my 1.9 GT on several occasions but I'm not sure where it is on the 2.4?
I could remove, clean & replace (if in a hurry) the 1.9's EGR in 30 minutes.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today