What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 156 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

MiTo & Spider LE

Not really a case of what I did to it but I feel it fits in here. I drove my Spider for the first time today (since giving it a short test drive at the LoveAlfa)!

I had taxed it a week or so ago and the insurance starts today, so I went and had a general drive around Bawtry and Tickhill stopping off at Zinis while there. And yes the stares and looks started rolling in! I'm surprised I've not seen any of these Spiders round my area for ages, last time I saw one was over a year ago when I had my Giulietta.

Bonding with the way the car drives went well, the hesitation didn't feel as bad as I thought, maybe I blew some soot out when I drove it but given it got driven down 90 or so miles from Birmingham to me that may have helped too. 4k or over in the rev range sounds nice! I really like the Naturally Aspirated engine, my first car being my Volvo C30 had one I liked but was nowhere near as powerful. Admittedly there are a few things over time I need to do when my money situation has settled which will improve things, even a complete service I reckon will be of a positive difference.
barners and jparkin486 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
drove her
AO Member

County: Australia
Garage
Full 45000 km (28000 miles) service, all filters, oil, brake fluid flush, timing belt/water pump (car is nearly 6 years old despite the low mileage) and coolant, everything checked over.
But the best thing was the DPF bypass/EGR close and remap.......
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Luc Picard View Post
Not really a case of what I did to it but I feel it fits in here. I drove my Spider for the first time today (since giving it a short test drive at the LoveAlfa)!

I had taxed it a week or so ago and the insurance starts today, so I went and had a general drive around Bawtry and Tickhill stopping off at Zinis while there. And yes the stares and looks started rolling in! I'm surprised I've not seen any of these Spiders round my area for ages, last time I saw one was over a year ago when I had my Giulietta.

Bonding with the way the car drives went well, the hesitation didn't feel as bad as I thought, maybe I blew some soot out when I drove it but given it got driven down 90 or so miles from Birmingham to me that may have helped too. 4k or over in the rev range sounds nice! I really like the Naturally Aspirated engine, my first car being my Volvo C30 had one I liked but was nowhere near as powerful. Admittedly there are a few things over time I need to do when my money situation has settled which will improve things, even a complete service I reckon will be of a positive difference.
Congratulations on the new Spider!
If you drive with a heavy right foot in the true Italian way the hesitation disappears.
Not recommended when the engine's cold of course.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Luc Picard View Post

spider love
AO Member

County: Croston Lancs
Fitted a new air intake seal replacing the temporary one I had to make when i discovered that there was only 2/3 of the original one present the other week.
Fitted 3 hole blanking plate to bottom of EGR intake, so now have top and bottom semi-blanked. No EML and the car feels a lot more responsive
AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
Garage
Got the wizard exhaust fitted today
Lord_of_beard likes this.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjamingoodwin View Post
Got the wizard exhaust fitted today
video please
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa 4 ever View Post
video please
Went to take one tonight and pressed the wrong button on the camera started to properly rain as well. I am hoping I can get a good one tomorrow night
AO Member

Garage
Got a bloody mis-fire on her now!
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Cambridgeshire
Garage
Had a new tyre pressure sensor fitted and also a lower boost hose replaced as I picked up a small hole from the punishment of the ring! Much less "wooshy" now at low speed and power is right back on form as proven by the new shape Audi S3 that tried and failed on the journy home
AO Member

County: Gloucestershire

Member car:

Brera S Prodrive

Had a wheel alignment done so now she goes in the same direction as the steering wheel is pointing!
JabawokJayUK and hilift like this.
AO Member

County: United Kingdom
Garage

Member car:

Brera S 2.2

Fitted Prodrive mudflaps to replace faded ones. Will give her a bath tomorrow morning in time to show off to a friend.

Also stuck on my alfaowner.com decal to rear window (in center underneath brake light of course) and to whoever put the sticker on the letter which said 'are you addicted yet?' the answer is YES!

Last edited by Harribone; 25-09-15 at 20:51.
AO Member

Garage
Fixed the misfire which suddenly plagued my car. Now she is back to her wonderful self again. Hoping to grab a video of the new exhaust across the weekend, as well as giving her a good clean.
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Got flashed four times yesterday, first proper night drive. I've had the HIDs in for two years, and been flashed once (when I was stationary on the hump of a bridge) before.
Set the dip to '1' which stopped others flashing me. The line of the headlights on cars in front is just above the rear number plate on most cars on a straight road.
Only thing must be the eibachs fitted a couple of months back.
Two questions:
Anyone else had this?
How do I manually adjust the lights?

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Cambridgeshire
Garage
Adjustment is via the pretuding bolts in the back of the light, just drop a socket on and wind while its facing a wall. one is for lateral adjustment and one is vertical adjustment
giblets46 likes this.
AO Member

County: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickGrowler View Post
Air on service, started replacing my crackly speakers with nice new Bose ones, started replacing old spec grey aluminium trim with new spec black aluminium trims... Oh and fitted Brera front badge and led puddle lights... Chuffed with what I got done!

Also got my final paperwork so I can fit my new plates when I got in..
Hi
Where did you get the black trim from and how much

Andsum
AO Platinum Member

Sold my Brera! Goes on 10th October
Gigi16 likes this.
AO Member

County: -norfolk
did an oil change last night ,

I managed to get the use of a friends pit . bloody good job !! the under tray on the 159 is a reet pig t get off ,
even tho I had previously loosened half the screws etc . the rear riv nuts need replacing as they are well seized .

changed the air filter while I was there , what a complete arse of a place to put it ( 2.4) , poxy 7 mm self tap type screws and the lid aint exactly easy to winkle out of the confined space .

oil filter location a bit odd and awkward to get at without making a reet old mess ,o things too .

I love my alfa but some of the fastners and location of key parts for maintenance are just crap .

my sons b$w 320 ci is an absolute breeze to work on compared , but then it hasn't got the latin good looks and every buggers got one .

its also going in to autolusso to be polybushed and EGR delete tomorrow .
AO Member

County: Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilift View Post
did an oil change last night ,

I managed to get the use of a friends pit . bloody good job !! the under tray on the 159 is a reet pig t get off ,
even tho I had previously loosened half the screws etc . the rear riv nuts need replacing as they are well seized .

changed the air filter while I was there , what a complete arse of a place to put it ( 2.4) , poxy 7 mm self tap type screws and the lid aint exactly easy to winkle out of the confined space .

oil filter location a bit odd and awkward to get at without making a reet old mess ,o things too .

I love my alfa but some of the fastners and location of key parts for maintenance are just crap .

my sons b$w 320 ci is an absolute breeze to work on compared , but then it hasn't got the latin good looks and every buggers got one .

its also going in to autolusso to be polybushed and EGR delete tomorrow .

Get Ned at autolusso to sort your under tray fixings. He has a new tool to replace the rivnuts in the subframe. Did a cracking job with mine.

Paul
Autolusso and Lord_of_beard like this.
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by giblets46 View Post
Think I picked up some points. :a typical country town, previously 40, now 30 with a long straight zone before you actually hit the town, comingfrom a 60, took my foot off the gas allowing natural deceleration as I saw the van (about 3-400m away), was doing about 45 I think at the time, quickly down to 30, but in time?

]

Nothing through the post! Good times!

Good times except having to clear the boot of the contents of one of my sons milk cups( the toddler trainer cup things)....that had been in there three weeks before the cap got knocked off...barf!!! The boot liner paid for itself in that one moment!

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
AO Member

County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

MiTo & Spider LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by lussoman View Post
Congratulations on the new Spider!
If you drive with a heavy right foot in the true Italian way the hesitation disappears.
Not recommended when the engine's cold of course.
Thanks, yes driven with some spirit you don't notice! Still seems to be getting better even driving more calmly, perhaps my foot has got used to it, although I did put some Shell V Power in so maybe that helped too.

In other news today I got a waterproof polyester top roof cover for her to stop one of my cats from sitting on the roof (and also another cat which our cat doesn't like!) which I didn't expect when I got it. At least now if he goes on it is protected more. Not only that at least it stops Pigeons landing on it (yes even they seem drawn to the soft roof) and birds crapping on it in general. The hooks that the cover come with aren't the best, they really need to be a bit bigger to grapple on to a better part of the car, so I might mod it and find some better hooks.
lussoman and Lord_of_beard like this.
AO Member

County: -norfolk
my car spent most of the day at Autolusso yesterday having lower rear bushes polybushed , upper o/s arm replaced , egr delete and re map and 4 wheel alignment done .
oh and the pain in the ass rear captive nut on the subframe ( that hold the undertay on )

What a difference , no more squeeking top arm , no more vague steering and no more smoke under load .

car is an ablolute pleasure to drive again Big Big thanks to Ned and is merry band at AUTOLUSSO .

the car is sutch a joy to drive so much so that

I may well have been caught on camera by a sneakily placed plod van parked on a bridge just east of Cambridge on the A14 .
Pdw16396 and Lord_of_beard like this.
AO Member

County: Devon
Had (finally) my remap done and EGR deleted by Celtic Tuning (who more or less all own alfas- a good sign).
Car feels like a completely different beast, can't wait for my long A road drive tomorrow!
Derran001 and Lord_of_beard like this.
AO Member

County: Cornwall
Garage
Been a busy few days.

So my Project Halo conversion is complete, also managed to replace the liner of the front near side wheel arch which was knackered by the previous owner and never replaced. The P0011 code returned despite the solenoids being properly cleaned so I guess it's time to get the timing chain done - fortunately my local garage is doing it for a very good price and a terraclean.
In other good news I've managed to get a new subframe for super cheap :-) just need to decide / find out if I can galvanise it before i fit it.
Right so that's me........ time to go remove that annoying beep from unlocking the car. God I love the info on this forum!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (176.7 KB, 37 views)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
159 2.2 JTS Lusso, Prodrive 245/40/19 - Dunlop SP Sport Max, Celtic Tuning Remap 213.7 bhp at the wheels (248 at the fly), Rev Limit removed, Pipercross Filter, Tri Halo headlight conversion #projecthalo

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today