What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 150 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Member

County: Hampshire
Gearbox? The Qtronic auto should be ok. Isn't the manual the fragile one?
Atlantico? Yes, that's the blue I was thinking of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Yup, it's the manual. Only read your post, didn't look at your member car...

County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

Replaced my faded badges with 2015 style ones

Today I replaced my faded badges with the new style ones off the Giulia, I haven't seen these for sale anywhere so I got my hands on a few sets and put them on eBay if anyone else wants some. next job is giving it a clean and tackling the stone chips on the bonnet!

Http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-Alfa-Rome...-/281761713326
147virgin and Lord_of_beard like this.
AO Member

County: Shropshire
Garage
Replaced front upper wishbones in an attempt to cure the knocking - all seemed well on my short test run!
Just back from a 70 blast down the motorway and it's just the same as before!
Hay ho back to the drawing board!
I knew owning an Alfa would be challenging - takes me back to my Lancia days in the late 80s - such fun!
AO Silver Member

County: North Lanarkshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by benm57 View Post
Today I replaced my faded badges with the new style ones off the Giulia, I haven't seen these for sale anywhere so I got my hands on a few sets and put them on eBay if anyone else wants some. next job is giving it a clean and tackling the stone chips on the bonnet!

These look fab! Look forward to getting mine from you - guess what my next wee job on the brera is
AO Member

County: Lincolnshire

Member car:

Alfa 159 LE

Anyone want to split the set as I have the push button boot and as far as i know you cant replace just the sticker on the button?

Quote:

AO Member

County: Voronezh
Finally replaced wheels on my Alfa. Unusual choice, but I like it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _MG_8750.jpg (102.5 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg _MG_8770.jpg (87.8 KB, 44 views)
AO Platinum Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Took it for an MOT. Aced it. Done 7197 miles this year.

Brera reverts to third car status again now that her GT86 has landed to replace the GT.
giblets46 likes this.
AO Member

County: Cornwall
Garage
Quote:

Just ordered a whole shed load of these so we can all look to new badging in the not too distant future :-) Will post up when I have them in stock.
hessian likes this.

Last edited by Lord_of_beard; 01-08-15 at 10:15.
AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_of_beard View Post
Just ordered a whole shed load of these so we can all look to new badging in the not too distant future :-) Will post up when I have them in stock.
I already have the 'look'.
The only parts that have faded on my badges are the gold to silver, so they're not a million miles away from next year's 'new' look
Lord_of_beard likes this.
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Brera 2.2

set the airbag light off

Alfa.159

Changed oil, air and fuel filter.
AO Member

County: Oxfordshire
Garage
Took the 159Ti to Cardiff and back yesterday. All M/way driving A34, M4 vv, and achieved 46 mpg. Was given grief both directions from the other half (VW sirocco 2.0) about the fuel consumption !! Is 46 mpg good for the 159 Ti (1.9)?
Also, still experiencing a shudder from the front wheels at over 80. (all balanced etc). Any suggestions apart from the one my wife suggested (NOT an option !)
AO Member

County: Budapest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshtrik View Post
Finally replaced wheels on my Alfa. Unusual choice, but I like it!
AWESOME! Just need a bit of lowering...
AO Member

County: Budapest
Last week was expensive...
Bought a set of Yokohama Advan Neova tyres in 245/40 18... they are used, 2013 tyres, but has plenty of meat in them and were cheap(ish). Now I need a bit more serious suspension, because these tyres are unbelievably grippy and the suspension seems to be the weak point of the car! They wear kinda fast...

Replaced the dying (2 years old!!) el cheapo battery that the PO bought, with a Varta silver dynamic one. 85Ah/800A
After standing 2 days it started pretty hard and set of a lot of warning lights, it was time to replace it.

And ordered some matte anthracite vinyl wrap for the whole car!

'06 159 2.4 JTDm Qtronic. My first Alfa ever!
'97 Volvo 940 Estate. T5 engine (2.3 5pot turbo, from 850), modified ECU, locking rearend... the fun car
AO Member

County: Hampshire

Member car:

159 ti 2.0JTDm

Fitted a Supersprint back box. The original box was rusting away. Looks much better.
AO Member

Member car:

Changed the two light bulbs for the license plate in the rear. Not the most interesting thing to post here, but hey, I got to tinker around a bit.
lussoman and giblets46 like this.
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey
Sadly up for sale

Sadly put my Brera up on Autotrader

Alfa Romeo Brera 3.2JTS SV 3dr 4WD

Unfortunately i can drive it where im going

IM me if your interested -no joyriders please

Mj
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

147 2.0TS

Interesting past week... Monday, filled up, Tuesday last week, got a whiff of diesel on the way home from work. Many lorry's in front so didn't think too much on it.
Wednesday going for a blast up the A1(M) to Baldock services to get a coffee... stronger smell of diesel... oh dear.. guess it was coming from me. Quick look underneath... nothing to worry about. Drove home.. looked under again on the drive.. Drips of diesel... alot of drips! from underneath the tank.

So, car up, removed under protection. Fuel lines all looked ok, tank looked ok. drips stopped. Looked at schematic on ePer and decided to start it up to see if issue was with the return. Without the underbody protection very fast drips/trickle. No obvious place it was coming from. (somewhere higher up)

Try to get to the inspection hatch ontop of the tank, That rear seat is a PITA to remove in my early 159 with fixed rear seats, finally got in there. About 4 inches along the fuel feed from pump forwards was the split, just out of sight and not a job I could undertake at home.

To the local garage. Finally after having to wait for new fuel lines to arrive from Italy, they were fitted yesterday and (thankfully the car passed the MOT once this had been done).

I don't know if others have had this issue or if it is age related wear, Mine is an early 159 with almost 200k on the clock.

Possibly an issue for others in the future?
Blitz23 likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Malfaist View Post
Interesting past week... Monday, filled up, Tuesday last week, got a whiff of diesel on the way home from work. Many lorry's in front so didn't think too much on it.
Wednesday going for a blast up the A1(M) to Baldock services to get a coffee... stronger smell of diesel... oh dear.. guess it was coming from me. Quick look underneath... nothing to worry about. Drove home.. looked under again on the drive.. Drips of diesel... alot of drips! from underneath the tank.

So, car up, removed under protection. Fuel lines all looked ok, tank looked ok. drips stopped. Looked at schematic on ePer and decided to start it up to see if issue was with the return. Without the underbody protection very fast drips/trickle. No obvious place it was coming from. (somewhere higher up)

Try to get to the inspection hatch ontop of the tank, That rear seat is a PITA to remove in my early 159 with fixed rear seats, finally got in there. About 4 inches along the fuel feed from pump forwards was the split, just out of sight and not a job I could undertake at home.

To the local garage. Finally after having to wait for new fuel lines to arrive from Italy, they were fitted yesterday and (thankfully the car passed the MOT once this had been done).

I don't know if others have had this issue or if it is age related wear, Mine is an early 159 with almost 200k on the clock.

Possibly an issue for others in the future?

Sounds unusual TBH, I would advise you that the clips for the rear seats are single use only, so you might get to get some more to get the seat back in properly (under 5), glad you got it sorted though!
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Cambridgeshire
Garage
Passed an MOT. 1.8 smoke so pretty happy considering!

County: Baden-Württemberg

Member car:

ALFA 159

Last week after almost having an accident due to a front wheel blockage while driving in Italy (seams my 159 whanted to stay at homeland), drove by myself a kind of light tooltruck from Germany to Italy and back to Germany to the maintenance shop. Just discovered that the gearbox is damaged
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150804_090755_HDR-2.jpg (124.0 KB, 19 views)
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Down to A for Alfa to see Paul and get my Eibach pro kit and Bilstein B4's fitted, great service from a top guy.

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

147 2.0TS

Quote:
Originally Posted by giblets46 View Post
Sounds unusual TBH, I would advise you that the clips for the rear seats are single use only, so you might get to get some more to get the seat back in properly (under 5), glad you got it sorted though!

Thanks Giblets, I did not know that. Was careful with all clips and seat has gone back in nicely, but for <5 will get them.
AO Silver Member

County: North Lanarkshire
Garage
Handed the brera in to Chicks at CM Garage for her MOT and service etc Not yet heard the outcome.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today