What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today? - Page 149 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 766Likes

AO Silver Member

County: North Lanarkshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by R159 View Post
What did you use to dye the leather?
I just used a jar of leather colour restorer by the scratch doctor - its on ebay. Its a cream formula - dead easy to use. I bought it months ago for touching up the seat bolsters and have tonnes of it left, so was perfect for doing this wee job.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

159 2.0L TI SW

Where did you purchase the gear lever top piece from? Could do with one myself. Ta
147virgin likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: North Lanarkshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajack1 View Post
Where did you purchase the gear lever top piece from? Could do with one myself. Ta
Ebay Item number
AO Member

County: East Sussex
Garage
Changed the headlamp bulbs to something a little brighter.

The main beam one are a right pain in the neck! Whos bright idea was that design.
147virgin likes this.
AO Member

County: Cornwall
Garage
Fitted 19" pro drives with 245 40 19 Dunlop RT SP Sport Maxx Tyres to the 159. They look amazing against the Rubino Rosso colour!
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Cambridgeshire
Garage
Fitted a new window regulator in the N/S/R door. It went last weekend but I managed to keep the window up till the parts came and I had 30 minutes free to do it.

That's both the rears done this year so should be good for another 100K
Lord_of_beard likes this.
AO Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

147 2.0TS

Nearside upper wishbone done! It put up a valiant struggle and I was not put off when 5 mins into the job I thought loosen the ball joint nut first and it scarily sheared off with very little force on my part Talk about then being committed to finishing it today.

So about 2 hours to get the old one off and 10 minutes to get the new one on. Could feel the play in the old ball joint so it desperately needed doing.

Test drive awesome, knocking gone, feels so much tighter. Big grin factor Then back home to tidy up, now where did I put the locking wheel nut adapter...... Oh no!

Yup... Rookie mistake, it was on the wheel. So took a stroll along the route of the test drive, first T-junction 50 yards from the house saw something catching the sun.. Is it really It? Felt like I was carrying the glass slipper back to my Cinderella... It fitted!

Think the drop links and other upper wishbone can wait for another day now.
147virgin likes this.
AO Member

County: Vila Real
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan 1066 View Post
Changed the headlamp bulbs to something a little brighter.

The main beam one are a right pain in the neck! Whos bright idea was that design.
Yes it is, you nearly need to have sneakthief fingers and learn some ninja moves to work on the lighting of the 159 and his siblings...
147virgin likes this.
AO Member

County: Rutland

Member car:

Alfa159 2.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Malfaist View Post
Nearside upper wishbone done! It put up a valiant struggle and I was not put off when 5 mins into the job I thought loosen the ball joint nut first and it scarily sheared off with very little force on my part Talk about then being committed to finishing it today.

So about 2 hours to get the old one off and 10 minutes to get the new one on. Could feel the play in the old ball joint so it desperately needed doing.

Test drive awesome, knocking gone, feels so much tighter. Big grin factor Then back home to tidy up, now where did I put the locking wheel nut adapter...... Oh no!

Yup... Rookie mistake, it was on the wheel. So took a stroll along the route of the test drive, first T-junction 50 yards from the house saw something catching the sun.. Is it really It? Felt like I was carrying the glass slipper back to my Cinderella... It fitted!

Think the drop links and other upper wishbone can wait for another day now.
Blimey if I'd seen this earlier I'd have asked you for six numbers for tonight's draw, someone's looking after you
lussoman and Tim Malfaist like this.
AO Member

County: -uk
Put these Wing mirror covers on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19213240973_48716dc3e0_z.jpg (191.3 KB, 21 views)
Lord_of_beard likes this.
LukeyC

Had my Pistonheads article published!

RE: Alfa Romeo 159: PH Carpool - PistonHeads

AO Silver Member

County: Lancashire
Car's been at the garage today.

Finally got a mystery deflating tyre sorted.
Been off the car twice before and no fault found.
Today something was found stuck in it. Tyre repaired.

Coolant loss also fixed. Leaking bleed valve the culprit.

Still no joy with my surging revs when changing gear issue.
They couldn't find anything wrong so I guess I live with it or get a second opinion.

Rear parking sensor(s) also not fixed.
I think he said it came up with ''buzzer'' or something on the ECU scan...
Reckon it's a wiring/connection thing, not the sensors themselves.
Probably need an auto electrician.

Past: GTV T.Spark Lusso (owned 8 years) Present: 948 Spider LE (bought Nov. '10) Future: 8C (in my dreams )
Previously (selective): Porsche 944 Turbo; Porsche 944S; Jaguar XJ6; Audi Coupe; Mark 2 Golf GTI.
AO Member

County: Cornwall
Garage
Driver seat bolster repaired :-) (well it was going to happen after 109,000 miles!)
Big thing was that this was going to cost 300 at the dealership, but actually cost 133 at the car trimmers across the road.
AO Silver Member

County: Neath Port Talbot
Quote:
Originally Posted by lussoman View Post
Car's been at the garage today.

Finally got a mystery deflating tyre sorted.
Been off the car twice before and no fault found.
Today something was found stuck in it. Tyre repaired.

Coolant loss also fixed. Leaking bleed valve the culprit.

Still no joy with my surging revs when changing gear issue.
They couldn't find anything wrong so I guess I live with it or get a second opinion.

Rear parking sensor(s) also not fixed.
I think he said it came up with ''buzzer'' or something on the ECU scan...
Reckon it's a wiring/connection thing, not the sensors themselves.
Probably need an auto electrician.
we all need a bit of tlc from time to time
lussoman and Lord_of_beard like this.
AO Member

Garage
Finally, all the paper work regarding the 159's transaction arrived, just came back from seing the new owner to finish all the businesses related, hes all like: oh a remap has to be done, the car is a bit slow, it will only go to 230km/h, it's heavy on fuel, and so on and so on... He's in for a surprise if the car decides to break down for some Tipically italian reason... But he had been warned that no matter what's done to it, it will allways find it's way to a crazy breakdown... Anyway, i also went to a popular dealer around town and got my eyes blown by a SEAT Leon R-Line whit the 2.0 tfsi thing, full option packed, arctic white metal paint, 55k kms on the clock, national sales program, lot os carbon fiber and leather on the interior. It's a looker alright. I also got semi-interessed on an Insignia 163 donkeys, but since it has Fiat/Lancia/Alfa shared components and technology id rather not... Full option as well, it even has that road sign reading gizmo, Active select, active lane assist, Acc whit radar and a bunch of other german things, only shame is the engine being GM/Italian...

Well, ill stick whit the Pajero/Montero for a few days, it's turning the 340k kms point and is due to a big service till the end of the year. And four new tyres should get going on too.

Cheers.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa 4 ever View Post
we all need a bit of tlc from time to time
We certainly do.
Would've been nice to get all 4 things done in one go, but the main 2 are done.
Along with those, just that damn roof and transmission sound to sort now...
Club Member
Membro Premio

County: Berkshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby159Beast View Post
I also got semi-interessed on an Insignia 163 donkeys, but since it has Fiat/Lancia/Alfa shared components and technology id rather not... Full option as well, it even has that road sign reading gizmo, Active select, active lane assist, Acc whit radar and a bunch of other german things, only shame is the engine being GM/Italian...

Cheers.
Absolutely nothing wrong with the GM 2.0CDTi 163 lump in a Siggy. Is it Ecoflex? ie very high geared. I have a Sport Tourer Elite Ecoflex and love the power delivery even if a little high geared. In the UK that equates to 30 road tax...
AO Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anupanu View Post
Absolutely nothing wrong with the GM 2.0CDTi 163 lump in a Siggy. Is it Ecoflex? ie very high geared. I have a Sport Tourer Elite Ecoflex and love the power delivery even if a little high geared. In the UK that equates to 30 road tax...
By high geared you mean you have to play hard on the throtle to get it moving? Or that it only moves above a certain RPM treshold? Because the 1.9 jtdm 16v 159 would only came alive from above 2k rpms or so to 3.5k at max...
I think the insignia it's an ecoflex, yes, but that means it has a big DPF wich gives me shaking gosebumps, even if it means a low eco-tax as it has about 140 something grams of co2 emited per km... it should put me on the 180euros per year level versus the 220 euros i was paying for the 159. For instance, I pay a simple yearly road tax of 60 euros for the Montero/Pajero even if it has a 3.2 diesel engine whit no other emission control system besides the EGR.
The SEAT on the other hand seems more simplier to drive and own, once you get the right lubricants in it and keep a keen eye on fuel quality, there should not be any problems. So they tell me.
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Garage
Started her about being left of 2 1/2 weeks, started first time, albeit after a little bit of turning over.
Also fitted some new number plate led bulbs after one of the standard ones died.

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!
AO Member

County: Rutland

Member car:

Alfa159 2.4

Well not so much today, but yesterday and for the coming weeks (slowly)trying to get baked on wheel cleaner off. Having to use meths as its the only thing which will shift it, then re wax. Whatever you do don't let Simoniz wheel cleaner dry on.... I'll be sticking to Wonder wheels hot wheels from now on.
AO Member

County: Oslo
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 147virgin View Post
Ebay Item number
Awesome, thanks!
147virgin likes this.
AO Silver Member

Garage
What have you done to your 159/Brera/Spider today?

Worried I had wasted some money buy extra shocks as I couldn't see any difference between the left/ right anymore, so had a look through the rear wheels, two broken springs!

ImageUploadedByAG Free1438083556.726120.jpg

Any spelling/ grammatical errors are purely there to annoy!

Last edited by giblets46; 28-07-15 at 18:47.
AO Member

County: Hampshire
My other car (Rover 75 diesel auto) has sold today, which means the 159 gets a sudden wake-up on the mileage front.

As I've mentioned before, the trader who sold me the 159 offered an insulting PEx for the Rover, so I kept it for a bit longer. In the 3 months the Rover served for the 3500 miles of commuting and errands, while the Alfa enjoyed just 2000 miles of social and pleasure. But the Rover's tax and insurance wiped out the saving in Alfa depreciation, so actually there wasn't much in it running-wise. And selling with plenty of MoT left produced 1000 more than the PEx offer. So what would the 159 like for 1000? Horseshoe alloys? Personal plate? Or maybe a companion - swap the wife's Jazz for a nice GT, in blue perhaps (obviously that would need more cash in the fund!)?
AO Silver Member

Garage
Just had the rear windows tinted, 100, not a bad price, mainly to avoid the naf kiddyworld sun shade I had to have on the windows, tried the pre-cut shades ones (from a company in Mansfield), they were not a tight fit, and kept falling off (the company did not respond to my e-mail either politely asking for replacement clips.

Last edited by giblets46; 29-07-15 at 16:36.
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisH77 View Post
So what would the 159 like for 1000? Horseshoe alloys? Personal plate? Or maybe a companion - swap the wife's Jazz for a nice GT, in blue perhaps (obviously that would need more cash in the fund!)?
Gearbox for the 159 at some point?
An Atlantico Blue Cloverleaf GT is a stunner .

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 159, Brera & 946 Spider

Tags
159 or brera or spider , today